Author Topic: Gastroenteritis: Healing for Stomach "Flu" [Virus, Food Poisoning]  (Read 119643 times)

Offline hi_itsgwen

• Master
    • Gwen's Nest
Re: Gastroenteritis: Healing for Stomach "Flu" [Virus, Food Poisoning]
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2010, 10:48:50 AM »
When I was pregnant with my last I had a stomach bug that would not go away.  This is what Floydian told me to do...Make some chicken soup...I put in lots of veggies, onions, garlic, and cayenne.  Put it through the blender so that there are no *chunks* in it.  I just ate little bits of that at a time for 2-3 days.  I took TTU along with digestive enzymes right before eating.  By the 2nd day I was feeling much better.
The chicken soup is probably not what healed you although the fats and vits kept you going.  The fasting allowed your body to heal itself.  The less digesting you must do, the more resources your body can afford to send to the other systems, especially the immune system.  That's why, I think it's not the most important thing to keep food down. 
I think, too, when you're dealing with a bacteria or bug in the digestive tract, that starving it out is helpful, as long as the person isn't hungry and is able to get enough fluids. 
My Mom always made us do enemas for stomach bug situations, as she said it flushed out the colon where the germs colonized and helped you recouperate faster.
Come see me at www.gwens-nest.com
♥ Check out our family favorite recipes, funny kid stories, natural remedies and other creative and fun stuff.

Offline momtogrif

• Learning
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2010, 03:37:28 AM »
OK ladies, we have a miserable stomach virus here!  Ds started with it on Wed AM early and threw up 18 times and then had a few bouts of diarrhea.  Then yesterday dh and I started with it, both vomiting and diarrhea.  The diarrhea has been the worst for me.  I tried to take activated charcoal a few times yesterday but couldn't keep it down.  I still have stomach pains and ds threw up again in the middle of the night last night.  Dh is down for the count but he hasn't had any diarrhea or vomiting since yesterday evening.

What else can I do?  My stomach pains are sooooo bad and they start in as soon as I drink something.  I've managed to eat 1 saltine cracker, LOL!  My dh actually thought that maybe we had food poisoning from bad fruit or veggies like the strawberries we were eating but because ds started a day before us, I have a feeling it's just viral. 

Thanks,

Bonnie

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2011, 06:50:33 AM »
Question!  Four of my seven children have had diarhea for over a week. 
This has been split and moved.

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,27902.0.html
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline bookgirl32

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2011, 05:59:58 PM »
I've been reading all of these remedies and they're giving me some hope. I'm an emetaphobe (fear of vomiting) and I have a three year old son who gets the stomach flu at least once a year. It just makes me feel better to know that there's at least something I can try to keep myself from throwing up. Diarrhea I can handle just fine. And I can even handle it if I only throw up a couple of times. It's the eight hours of vomiting constantly that sends me into HUGE panic attacks and then I can't keep anit-anxiety medication down. My doctor has prescribed Phenergan but when I take that it seems to constipate me and then I feel like the virus can't get out of me at all.

So my question is, out of all these remedies, what's okay to take at the same time? I have Oscillo, Virastop, Tummy Tune Up and Dr. Schultze's Supertonic. I don't take any of them preventatively. Is it safe to take them all at the same time, or on the same day?

I take vitamin D3 in a liquid form, Dr. Schultze's Superfood, Culterelle and two teaspoons of elderberry juice concentrate in water w/ stevia sweetner every day for prevenative.

Thanks!