Author Topic: Sore throat, Neck pain, Headache  (Read 5318 times)

Offline BensJen

• Adept
Sore throat, Neck pain, Headache
« on: January 29, 2011, 04:52:01 AM »
Hi -I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place? I saw the "what's wrong with me" board but didn't see how to post a question on it?? Anyway...

I've had a terrible sore throat for a week. It's semi-tolerable during the day (I have toddlers, so I can't really stay in bed) but becomes just AWFUL at night! (like I'd rather drool into my pillow that have to swallow)

I thought it was just a common cold (also have a cough and slight congestion) but the sore throat just persists! Two days ago it was very localized on my left side and into my left ear and the lymph node below that ear. I was dizzy (from the ear) and felt exhausted (again, needed to be up with kids though). Yesterday I felt a bit better but now today I've had a terrible headache all night with pretty bad neck pain. And the sore throat is relentless.

I've been taking: vitamin C, vitamin D3, Bee propolis, garlic, echinacea, elderberry syrup, raw honey, raw ACV. Tried GOOT, hot water with ACV + honey + garlic, GSE, Immune boosting teas from BHS, Eucalyptus oil, Peppermint oil, humidifiers....

We've never had strep in our family, so I don't know what to look for. We haven't been to a doctor for years and today the clinic is closed.

Any thoughts would be very appreciated. Thank you kindly!

Offline called2Bhelp

• mommy of 2 beautiful children, wife to the most wonderful man I know.
  • Learning
Re: Sore throat, Neck pain, Headache
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 01:33:51 PM »
Hi,
I share your pain.  :'( I to have had the same symptoms you have mentioned.
I have also been taking most of what you are. Only thing I found to help was gargling with Listerine, every couple of hours and killing the bacteria off.

Until one morning I was praying and asking the Lord for some much needed wisdom on the problem, and the thought came, to swab the back of my throat with oregano oil.  :o Ok I have used oregano oil a lot for sickness in the past but have always mixed it with cod liver oil, and then force the kiddos to swallow it. ::) But hey it works...If you have never tried oregano oil, then I would ease into it. However I was so desperate for relief I said "Ok Lord what ever you say", and got me a Q-tip and dipped it into the bottle looked in the mirror, and then swabbed as far back in my throat as I possible could with out gagging myself. :o. Oh my goodness. It burned like crazy. I let it burn as long as I could stand it, and then washed it down. Wheeeew, glad that was over, and to my surprise, within mins of the shock wearing off, my throat started to feel better. So I did it again about three hours later, and then before I went to bed that night. Woke up the next morning feeling much better. I did this for about a week.

Hope this helps some. I have recently discovered that my throat issues are much more than just your run of the mill cold.  But for now at least I am not in so much pain.  :) Thank you Jesus!!!

God Bless
Molli

Offline BensJen

• Adept
Re: Sore throat, Neck pain, Headache
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 03:57:51 PM »
Thanks for the reply! We used to use oregano oil all the time but then the bottle ran out and we're a little tight with our budget right now (the HFS that has it here charges about $25 for 1 oz). But thank you! Next time if we have that on hand, I will try the swab.

Today I've tried more GSE and done more kombucha. I'm hoping it's just a nasty cold and will die off soon. I guess I was looking for a miracle cure to help me bounce back into life quicker. With little kids it's hard to stop. My husband is a pastor, too, so our home is a busy place of ministry. :)

I also tried making some good stir-fry tonight with tumeric, oregano, and cayenne pepper on the veggies. Then we crushed some fresh garlic onto our plates to finish it off. Had some kick to it! Hope it kicks out the "bad guys"!