Author Topic: fevers every 2-4 weeks  (Read 1564 times)

Offline sag

• Wide Eyed
fevers every 2-4 weeks
« on: October 27, 2006, 04:35:16 AM »
My two year old son has been having fevers every 2-4 weeks.  This has been going on for about 7 times.  Blood test, throat cultures, urine samples,  and x-ray shows nothing.  Only visual thing the doctors keep saying is how red his throat is.  Been tested for strep and mono.  I am tired of having a sick little boy all the time.  He is totally scared of doctor tables and anyone that looks to do with a doctor office.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 04:40:17 AM by sag »

Offline miff aka Missi

• Adept
Re: fevers every 2-4 weeks
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 05:50:31 AM »
A friend of ours toddler kept having fevers about once a month.  This went on for about 2 years.  The docs could never figure out what it was.  And finally it just stopped. 

A man that my husband did work for had two little girls (18 mo. and 3 years).  They kept having this periodic fever symptom with some stomache trouble.  They had their well tested and found it was not in good condition.  It wasn't anything that bothered the parents though.  Sometimes children cannot fight off things that the adults in the family can. 

Maybe look at your water source and/or have it tested.  Look around your house for things that might be affecting him.  Pets, cleaners, plants, etc.  Does he go anyplace regularly that may have something that is causing this?  Hope this helps.

Missi   

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 06:47:59 AM »
Did the bloods include Lyme?   These are not classic symptoms, but it's worth looking into - something similar in my nephew turned out to be Lyme 2 years ago.              ~L

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 07:03:20 AM »
Could it be yeast overgrowth related? I had an almost constant sore throat/swollen lymph glands and cyclical sinus troubles for years. It has just disappeared and I'm not sure if that is because the candida is under control or that I just got all the almagams out of my mouth... or that I started using coconut oil. Those are they only things that are different.
I thought of possibilities like brucellosis(undulant fever) or TB. Not too common but around more than they used to be. Seems like something would have shown up at least in the blood counts though...
I'm sorry that he is not well :'( It can be really hard on everybody in the family.

Offline 1happygal

• Learning
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 09:16:34 AM »
I can totally sympathize. My dd (4 at the time) and ds (1 at the time) went through a period of the same thing earlier this year. Mainly my dd suffered the most. She would complain of sore throat and have a fever (around 102). It would last 2- 3 days, then be gone. It would occur every 3 to 6 weeks. I stopped taking her to the doctor after about the second time it occurred because they would always say it was viral and to "let it run its course." I can do that without having to spend the money on the visit.

It very well could have been viral, but I believe it was something environmental or physically bothering them. Their immune systems could have not handled something mine or dh's was able to (as mentioned by miff's post).

One thing I did find to be very helpful was letting the fever do its thing....meaning no Tylenol (it never got above 102). I also used garlic poultices at least three times a day, an immune booster (liquid, w/echinnacea blend) and vitamin C. I encouraged plenty of liquids to flush anything out and a healthy, no sugar or dairy diet until better. Tea tree oil was rubbed into their neck lymph nodes (in a down-ward, "milking" type action). With doing any or all of these treatments my kids were usually better in 24 hours tops.

They have been fever-free for about 4 or 5 months...maybe they have grown out of it (or their immune systems have grown up enough to handle whatever "it" is).

I can understand you wanting to help your child and will be praying they get over this soon.