Author Topic: Human Papillomavirus [HPV] & GARDASIL [Cervical Cancer Vaccine]  (Read 68957 times)

Offline Simply Kristen

• My weekly podcast that explores all aspects of healthy living.
  • Master
    • SimplyKristen Blog
Re: Human Papillomavirus [HPV] & GARDASIL [Cervical Cancer Vaccine]
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2007, 06:05:13 PM »
I thought this vaccine was to prevent infection from HPV.  What good would it do for someone who already has it?

According to this......It doesn't
"This vaccine does not treat existing HPV infections,"
http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/STDFact-HPV-vaccine.htm

Offline Simply Kristen

• Master
    • SimplyKristen Blog
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2007, 06:13:35 PM »
I did post one thing that I need to clarify:  "Anyone who suffers cold sores has HPV"  This is actually a form of Herpes.  Herpes is very closely linked to HPV.  I did not want to mislead anyone. 

Hi Becky....I'm sorry to hear about your cancer. I'm glad to hear that you came out of it well.
From what I have read, not all cervical cancers are due to the HPV virus. I have read different stastics. Some say 90% (caused by HPV), some say 70%. So, your case may not have been due to this STD.

To address the above quote..... Here is what the CDC says (of course...we all know they are not always right  ;))

"Is HPV the same thing as HIV or Herpes?
HPV is NOT the same as HIV or Herpes (Herpes simplex virus or HSV). While these are all viruses that can be sexually transmitted— HIV and HSV do not cause the same symptoms or health problems as HPV."
http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/STDFact-HPV-vaccine.htm

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2007, 04:04:27 AM »
I just heard back from my State Represenative:

"Dear Dara,
I voted against these bills which did not have sufficient support and died in the Michigan House of Representatives.  I appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns on this important issue with me and hope you will continue to do so."

"Write your hurts in the sand
and grave your blessings in stone."

Offline miff aka Missi

• Adept
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2007, 07:12:19 AM »
...  i attempted to use this product for it:

http://www.health-science-report.com/cgi-bin/alotek.cgi?w=credentials-joe-glickman&ext=1
Do you mean you used this product and it didn't work?

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2007, 07:42:02 AM »
...  i attempted to use this product for it:

http://www.health-science-report.com/cgi-bin/alotek.cgi?w=credentials-joe-glickman&ext=1
Do you mean you used this product and it didn't work?

no, i used it, but not for the recommended duration because it was sooooo gross.  like being on a yeast inf. medication for 90 days.  i think if i had to do it again, i might just do it orally instead.  i think it worked, or my hormones had subsided, because the precancerous cells disappeared.  i think it is a good product.  they had also done a test where they scraped it (can't think what it's called) and most of it was removed.  i declined the other surgery.  HTH
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline Kati*did

• Master
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2007, 08:04:43 AM »
I just heard back from my State Represenative:

"Dear Dara,
I voted against these bills which did not have sufficient support and died in the Michigan House of Representatives.  I appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns on this important issue with me and hope you will continue to do so."

YAHOO!!!!  That's awesome, Dara!  So glad you wrote.   8) 8) 8)
"...plain Kate, and bonny Kate, and sometimes Kate the curst..."

JoyInHim

« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2007, 11:17:04 AM »
HPV is extremely easy to get.  My OB told me he suspects even pub. toilet seats can spread it.  80% of all women will get it in their lifetimes.  Most of them will be symptom free and their bodies will clear the virus on their own, without problems.

We are not doing the vaccine.
]why would I want my 13 year old to be vaccinated against a sexually transmitted disease?  To me that would almost be encouraging sexual behavior without consequences.....at least that is the way it seems to me.

JoyInHim

« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2007, 11:21:08 AM »
Actually, MOST women will get this virus.  Women who -have- been completely pure, and married to a pure partner -are- getting it all the time.  The virus is very easy to pick up and can remain dormant for many years - and is usually symptomless.  Most people deal with it very effectively and never realize they've had it.  You can find out more by doing a search and also from the Dept. of Disease Control information sites.

We are not getting the vaccine - I believe it is not nearly effective, nor tested enough, to be considered for mass use.
HPV can be completely avoided by remaining abstinent until marriage.  Unfortunately, your marriage partner, unless sexaully pure (never had relations) can expose a married woman. 

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2007, 01:55:15 PM »
Actually, MOST women will get this virus.  Women who -have- been completely pure, and married to a pure partner -are- getting it all the time.  The virus is very easy to pick up and can remain dormant for many years - and is usually symptomless.  Most people deal with it very effectively and never realize they've had it.  You can find out more by doing a search and also from the Dept. of Disease Control information sites.

We are not getting the vaccine - I believe it is not nearly effective, nor tested enough, to be considered for mass use.

i listened to a local midwife talk about this subject and she said that it was nearly impossible to catch from a toilet seat, etc.  that it couldn't live "on" a thing. so your OB says it can be gotten this way, i guess it depends on who you ask what answer you get.  keep in mind the medical profession and govt wants to scare us all into vaccinating our kids. 
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2007, 07:19:03 AM »
This is just my .02 but I think a woman CAN get HPV & all the other STD's from a toilet seat for one very simple reason: all viruses can live for at least a few minutes esp. if they are damp. As every woman knows, in a crowded women's bathroom that doesn't have the paper seat covers, even if you dry the seat off the turn over in the bathroom stalls doesn't give time for germs on the seat to die. GROSS, but true. Again, just my .02 so don't drown me in Kumbucha vinegar for bringing it up. Blessings ~herbalmom 

Offline here-n-there-a-little

• Adept
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2007, 10:39:55 AM »
I don't know if you Californians know this, but making the HPV vaccine mandatory for girls is facing your legislator right now!

http://www.profamilylawcenter.com/newsarchives.php?id=39

I came accross this info when I was searching for information on the law about to be proposed by the same assemblywoman to make it illegal to spank your child.  This is all in California.  (I started a topic on this if your interested in jumping in: http://www.7xsunday.net/forum/index.php/topic,4915.0.html)

Offline miff aka Missi

• Adept
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2007, 07:21:01 PM »
Women who -have- been completely pure, and married to a pure partner -are- getting it all the time.  The virus is very easy to pick up

JoyInHim,

Do you have a source for this information?
I'd like to read more about it.
Bumping this up.  I would like to read more too.  Thanks.

Missi

Offline WithLoveAndJoy

• Master
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2007, 06:04:30 AM »
Oh my gosh, HB...I HATE those adds too.  Especially when they say "Ask your doctor if <insert drug name here> is right for you"  It drives me crazy!  And as for the HPV vaccine they make it seem like you would be stupid not to get one or have your children get them.  GRRRR
Visit my blog and see my deals for the week :)

http://homemakersresource.blogspot.com/

Offline Simply Kristen

• Master
    • SimplyKristen Blog
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2007, 08:01:51 AM »
Women who -have- been completely pure, and married to a pure partner -are- getting it all the time.  The virus is very easy to pick up

JoyInHim,

Do you have a source for this information?
I'd like to read more about it.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2007, 07:47:02 AM »
I saw an add on TV last night for the new vaccine.  Amazing what spin they put on it.  URG!   >:(  I should start a pet peeve thread.  My top peeves these days are drug commercials and health magazines.   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I got enough response on this that I didn't want to muddy up this topic, so I split it.  ;D

The Media & Health
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline makingchanges

• Adept
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2007, 05:51:01 AM »
I just got an email that legislators are planning on trying to get this shot mandatory for TX as well as 11 other states. TX will be able to opt out for religious reasons. Mississippi would not allow you to opt out and the others will allow you to opt out. Like HB said the media will present it as if you are a bad parent and in TX, one of those weird religious people who doesnot want the shot. So many people will feel like they have to get the shots or will never think things through. Here is the the article. You'll have to type in the connection. I don't know how to do it. I've tried and it never works.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/texassouthwest/stories/DN-vaccine_21tex.ART.State.Edition1.2a2b48f.html

Offline makingchanges

• Adept
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2007, 05:52:29 AM »
Hey I just tried my email link and it worked. Maybe with the update on the forum it is easier. I didn't do anything.

Offline linemansgirl

• Adept
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2007, 05:56:12 AM »
I just got an email that legislators are planning on trying to get this shot mandatory for TX as well as 11 other states. TX will be able to opt out for religious reasons. Mississippi would not allow you to opt out and the others will allow you to opt out. Like HB said the media will present it as if you are a bad parent and in TX, one of those weird religious people who doesnot want the shot. So many people will feel like they have to get the shots or will never think things through. Here is the the article. You'll have to type in the connection. I don't know how to do it. I've tried and it never works.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/texassouthwest/stories/DN-vaccine_21tex.ART.State.Edition1.2a2b48f.html

I read in the paper last week that Kansas is working on it. ::)
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.    Galatians 6:9

Offline Kati*did

• Master
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2007, 06:04:49 AM »
I just got an email that legislators are planning on trying to get this shot mandatory for TX as well as 11 other states.

We just went through this in MI.   :P  Write letters to your senators and representatives telling them you don't want it, and why.  As time consuming as it is, it is effective.  Although it was passed by the senate for MI, it didn't make it through the House of Reps.  Many (Christian and otherwise) were opposed to it, and voiced their opinion.   I wrote more about it earlier in the thread.  Hope they decide against it for your state.
"...plain Kate, and bonny Kate, and sometimes Kate the curst..."

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2007, 07:02:26 AM »
I just got an email that legislators are planning on trying to get this shot mandatory for TX as well as 11 other states.

Do you happen to know of the other 11 states?

Offline flowergirl

• Adept
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2007, 07:03:22 AM »
I just heard that on CBS news In Focus with Katie Couric tonight they were going to talk about the vaccine and the debate on making in mandatory, or letting parents decide.

~flowergirl

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2007, 11:53:46 AM »
just another possibility.............our local midwife (with a bunch of qualifications) said that the incidence of cervical cancer is rising and they are finding much incidence of it in virgins................she said it was from using tampons.  to me this makes sense because it is right there by the cervix with it's toxins being emitted.  definitely want to avoid those like the plague.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 05:09:22 AM by healthybratt »

Offline his.silly.wife

• Master
  • Psalm 100:5
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2007, 05:23:30 PM »
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070202/D8N1QMJ80.html

Here's an update on legislation in Texas. 
Like NoGreaterJoy?  Sign up on fellowshipdirectory.com to meet others like you.

Offline makingchanges

• Adept
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2007, 06:01:26 PM »
I am so mad. How can Gov. Perry by pass the legislatures!? Looks like Merek has been paying him off. How many other states will get big payoffs from Merek? Watch the money trail. We are being bought off in America. How sad.

Offline makingchanges

• Adept
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2007, 08:15:06 AM »
Texas is in an uproar over this vaccine. I get email's every day on our dictatorship in the form of our governor. The articles state that less than 2000 teenagers were even tested on the vaccine plus the girls who already received it have had side effects. It sounds like to me that Gov. Perry does not believe that we should be able to opt out because be opting out we will not get rid of the cancer. Oh how sad. Our freedom is being taken.

http://www.washtimes.com/business/20070202-100152-9747r.htm
http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20070209/cm_usatoday/myorderprotectslife

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2007, 01:34:08 PM »
Texas is in an uproar over this vaccine. I get email's every day on our dictatorship in the form of our governor. The articles state that less than 2000 teenagers were even tested on the vaccine plus the girls who already received it have had side effects. It sounds like to me that Gov. Perry does not believe that we should be able to opt out because be opting out we will not get rid of the cancer. Oh how sad. Our freedom is being taken.

http://www.washtimes.com/business/20070202-100152-9747r.htm
http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20070209/cm_usatoday/myorderprotectslife
Cancer is not contagious, so why should the government care if we opt out?  $$$$$$ :-[
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline makingchanges

• Adept
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2007, 06:01:54 PM »
I agree. I think it is called people wanting their cake and eat it to. We want to sin and have no consequences. He thinks the shot will eradicate the cancer. Yeh, about like chicken pox is gone. Of course, pap smears can catch the HPV anyway. I am afraid TX has set the standard for more states to come.

Offline miff aka Missi

• Adept
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2007, 07:46:08 PM »
Well, ladies.  I have to say that I am a bit perplexed here.  Some posts indicate that HVP is a sexually transmitted disease.  (My understanding.)  And some other posts say that it is very easy to pick up... sexually pure people can get it... maybe get it from a toilet seat...  (I'd never heard any of this before.) 

Can someone help out here?  Is this an STD or an airborne disease or a hand-shake transmitted disease? 

I would really like to have some web sites, book titles, magazine articles, something... to go along with the posts that say that this is a casually transmitted virus.  I have not read anything that backs this up and I really would like to. 

Maybe this is a very easy virus to catch and you don't have to be sexually unpure to get it.  Wouldn't that make a difference in determining if it should be a manditory vaccination?  (Can opt out just like any other.)  Wouldn't that make a difference to those folks who do vaccinate?  Maybe they would want to vaccinate against HVP if they KNEW that it wasn't just sexually transmitted.

Missi 

Offline SC

• Guru
  • Ephesians 5:2
    • Lexington Slim
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2007, 04:36:54 AM »
I've not seen any documentation on HPV being anything but sexually transmitted. I've only seen others speculate that there are other forms of transmission on this thread.
I'm no doctor . . .             I'm not even a Post hole Digger! ;)
See what works for me at LexingtonSlim.com

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2007, 05:57:36 AM »
I'm not sure this is relevant here.  If HPV cervical cancer? or they just think the one leads to the other?  My sister has been married 17 yrs.  About 3 yrs ago she started having abnormal paps. (she took bc pills during a lot of that time)  The docs told her she was just at risk for cancer and would need to have tests more otfen.  She wasn't satisfied with that researched and went off the pill.  The result?  two more babies ages almost 4 and almost 2 and normal paps.    ;D ;D