Author Topic: Human Papillomavirus [HPV] & GARDASIL [Cervical Cancer Vaccine]  (Read 69550 times)

JoyInHim

Re: Human Papillomavirus [HPV] & GARDASIL [Cervical Cancer Vaccine]
« Reply #120 on: April 24, 2007, 09:15:52 AM »
Hi Healthybratt -

Again - my opinion on this was formed by my previous studies and interviews with one OB, an RN and an ENT doctor.  I then presented to our curriculum selection committee.  I did not retain my notes from 4 years ago, but I was sufficiently convinced that HPV is most likely not limited to sexual contact alone, but most of the time it is transmitted that way.

If you'd like further specific information regarding non-sexual transmission you  might want to Google-search 'fomite' along with 'HPV'.  A 'fomite' is a scientific term for an object that germs can live on and possibly transmit to another person (toilet seat, razor blade, towel, etc.)    I did a quick search with those 2 words just now, and found a couple articles that looked like they addressed HPV non-sexual or fomite transmission. 

HTH

Regarding transmission of HPV -

You will find a couple suggested links earlier in this thread.  I did my research 4 years ago (less was known about transmission, I would suspect, and MDs and nurses confirmed that) during my 2 year stint on a reproductive health curriculum (sex ed) committee with our school board.  I won't repeat myself, but simply google 'transmission' with 'HPV' or similar for additional links.

I was hoping to get your source for the information.  If you've already done the research, maybe you would be kind enough to show us where it came from.

I read the link you provided and found nothing in the article to suggest that you can get HPV from anything other than sexual contact.  I also wasn't able to find anything to support this from Google , except in cases where an infant contracts it from birth from a mother who was already infected. 

Thanks

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2007, 09:41:12 AM »
Thanks.  ;D
  My favorite herb book!!

JoyInHim

« Reply #122 on: April 25, 2007, 03:08:28 AM »
You are more than welcome!  ;D

Thanks.  ;D

Offline herbalmama

• Adept
« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2007, 01:31:54 PM »
I find this thread very interesting.I dont know about other states but in Virginia it is actually very simple to get a religious exemption for vaccinations.We just went down to the local health the department and picked up the form for religious exemptions from vaccinations that one must have for public schools (we homeschool btw )we made copies and had two notarized fro each child.One copy is then kept in a safe place with birth certificates and other important papers, the others are kept in a waterproof sleeve(like for a scrapbook) in my purse so I have them with me at all times. We have never been assumed by any doctor to belong to any cult such as the Witnesses or Scientologists, as a matter of fact we are generally assumed to be Catholic as hard core pro lifers dont accept vaccines for that religious reason.But if there is evr a question all you need is a letter from your pastor and perhaps a couple a people in your church stating that they know you well as fellow Believers and know your strong religious convictions for not receiving vaccinations and the reasons behind those convictions .Alot of hassle ? perhaps but not really when you consider you are standing up for what you and Dh believe is to be appropriate in following the Lord ,especially if you value the sanctity of life, not to mention the helath and well being of the children God has blessed you with .

JoyInHim

« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2007, 06:58:22 AM »
I will if you will!   ;D

Then carry anti-bacterial wipes, so other's who *have* to sit after you won't catch your germs.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2007, 07:05:47 AM »
The discussion on public toilets has been moved here.

Hygiene and Sanitation in Public Restrooms
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline africamissy

• Adept
« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2007, 03:43:20 PM »
Just so you know, the vaccine is only good for five years.

But I was wondering--it seems there are numerous strains of HPV.  Plantars warts (which can be transmitted by wearing garage sale shoes) and cold soars are caused by HPV I believe.   Is the vaccine only effective against the strain that causes cervical cancer or would it also protect against genital warts?  I was wondering if anyone knew.  Can you get genital warts from a toilet seat?  What strain of HPV could you get from a toilet seat? 

Offline miff aka Missi

• Adept
« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2007, 05:14:59 PM »
But I was wondering--it seems there are numerous strains of HPV.  Plantars warts (which can be transmitted by wearing garage sale shoes) and cold soars are caused by HPV I believe.   Is the vaccine only effective against the strain that causes cervical cancer or would it also protect against genital warts?  I was wondering if anyone knew.  Can you get genital warts from a toilet seat?  What strain of HPV could you get from a toilet seat? 
Cold sores are one of the strains of Herpes.

There are lots of strains of HPV.  Several of those can lead to cervical cancer.  Others cause warts.  The vaccination that is out is for SOME of the strains that can cause cervical cancer.  (Not all.)  The vaccine is not for any of the strains that cause warts. 

Missi

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2007, 05:21:30 PM »
Just so you know, the vaccine is only good for five years.

i have been told NO you can't get it from a toilet seat.  there was an awesome article in Mothering Magazine in the recent issue.  i would love to link you to it, but am unable to find it.  she covered everything about the vaccine, the strains, etc.  check it out!  it's the May/June issue the article is called Guard against Gardasil.  also, there was a little section in there about the money trail.  it further cemented my reasoning NOT to have anything to do with it!  HTH.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline africamissy

• Adept
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2007, 11:29:04 AM »
Thank you, I think I am a little less confused on the whole STD thing.  I never worried about it or had reason to worry about it--at least that's what I thought.  Just a little concerned about catching something from a toilet seat, but that seems highly unlikely.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2007, 04:09:25 PM »
This thread is a discussion on HPV vaccines only.  The replies related to doctors and vaccinations have been merged with another topic here.

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,697.0.html
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline p31mama

• Learning
« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2007, 03:49:13 AM »
I found this entire thread VERY interesting.  I live in TX and our state legislature did repeal Gov. Perry's RIDICULOUS mandate.  Praise the Lord!!!!!!
I was outraged when I heard of the mandate on the news- being a mom of 3 DD (5,2, and 6 mos.).  It was really funny though on the day that our house voted on the bill- one of our homeschool moms sent out an email with all our reps names and phone #s and said they're voting at "X" time, please call them.  I did and by the time I got to the end of the list, some of the secretaries were answering "I'll tell him/her you called (sigh)"  Not suprised to see he got $ from Merck prior to the exec order..... >:(

Offline p31mama

• Learning
« Reply #132 on: August 10, 2007, 04:00:04 AM »
Went to one of the links posted on the thread about Guardasil-- found this interesting in light of all the confusion about how it is transmitted....

HPV affects both women and men.
•    Anyone who has any kind of sexual activity involving genital contact with an infected person can get HPV—-intercourse isn't necessary.
•    Many people who may have HPV may not show any signs or symptoms, so they can pass the virus on without even knowing it.
HPV is easily transmitted. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that 20 million people in the United States already had HPV in 2005.
According to the CDC, the only way you can totally protect yourself against HPV is to avoid any sexual activity that involves genital contact. HPV Types 6, 11, 16, and 18 account for the majority of HPV-related clinical diseases.

May God grant each of us wisdom as we care for those He entrusted to us!

Offline AbbaJava

• Adept
« Reply #133 on: January 30, 2008, 10:45:03 PM »
Yes, I believe that the companies have an "alternative" ambition to this type of vaccine.  I think the sterility is a good connection to it. 
You won't get HPV if you are not sleeping around, so if you have a daughter who is abstinent, then why get the vaccine?
I was diagnosed with HPV while pregnant with my daughter, as a single mom.  I found out I was pregnant on Aug. 10, 1997 and two days later I got saved. Unfortunately, I had made my "rounds" as an unsaved female, but the blood of the Lamb has cleansed me from all my sin.  I have had regular pap tests and they have always came back negative.  It is possible to be diagnosed with it and have it in "remission" to the point that you will never get cancer.  Or, you can get saved and have the opportunity for the Lord to heal you like he did to me.  Just my thoughts.
Wow, I have a similar testimony.  The Lord healed me from HPV as well.  My doc was trying to cut the outer layer of my cervix off and I ignored her for a year.  I told her I was trying to fight it nutritionally.  (I just started taking Supermoms)  She mocked my idea, but I was the one with the last laugh when I came out with a normal pap.  Everyone should just give their little girls garlic instead, or supermoms!

Offline Mama Bear

• Adept
« Reply #134 on: October 06, 2008, 09:32:38 AM »
Dd went to pediatrician this a.m. for physical...Dr recommends this shot for all girls...I am not convinced....DD is NOT sexually active...but Dr says that the shot is not just for sexually active people, that is a preventative for certain cervical cancers...any thoughts??
DH, I know will leave this decision up to me, since it is a 'female' subject...I really don't want to do ANYTHING to harm my daughter...

Offline mauimom

• Adept
« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2008, 12:25:24 PM »
Here is some information I received in an e-mail from an herbalist friend.   It is really long, so HB, if it needs to be somewhere else, please move it.   It was even longer, but I shortened it.  There is enough here to get the idea.

HTH,
mauimom

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GARDASIL Vaccine: The Damage Continues
by Barbara Loe Fisher
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The vaccine reaction reports keep coming into the National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) from mothers describing how they took their healthy teenage girls into a pediatrician or gynecologist's office where they were given a GARDASIL shot and, then, nothing was ever the same again. The reports of HPV vaccine reactions, injuries and deaths continue to roll in, not only to NVIC but also to the federal Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (Search HPV4 at http://www.medalerts.org/ vaersdb/index.html) newspapers, and television stations. And the only response that comes from officials at the CDC, FDA and drug companies when perfectly healthy teenage girls collapse into unconsciousness, suffer a massive seizure, get paralyzed or die suddenly after being injected with GARDASIL is the zombie mantra: "It is a coincidence."

Last week a nurse who is an administrator in the outpatient department for a group of hospitals in California called and asked if NVIC had been getting reports of unusual collapse after GARDASIL vaccination. I said, yes, we are getting those reports and she said "A lot of our patients are collapsing after the shot is given. It happens with GARDASIL more frequently than with any other vaccine we give." That same week, NVIC received a report from the mother of a 15 year old daughter who got her first GARDASIIL shot last month. Within 10 minutes of being injected, she collapsed and had her first grand mal seizure, became incontinent, temporarily lost vision in her right eye, suffered uncontrolled vomiting and had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital. Another report to NVIC that week also involved first-time seizures in a 15 year old girl after she got a GARDASIL shot.

Through June 30, 2008, there have been reports that at least 17 to 20 deaths have occurred following GARDASIL and were filed with the federal Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS), although the FDA has yet to admit even one death is causally related to the vaccine, suggesting that the girls would have died that day even if no vaccine had been given. Many of the teenage girls ,who die suddenly after vaccination without explanation, were among the brightest and the best and in top physician condition. This was true for 17 year old Jessica Ericzon, a New York softball player, snowboarder and honor roll student who dropped dead within 48 hours of getting a GARDASIL shot. A coroner could find no cause for her death after an autopsy.

There have been so many reports of reactions, injuries and deaths following GARDASIL vaccination (20-25 percent of all vaccine adverse event reports being filed with VAERS are for GARDASIL vaccine reactions) that the FDA and CDC issued a statement defending the vaccine's safety on July 22.

But one of the vaccine's developers has urged caution and offers practical advice about the need for continued use of Pap screening to prevent cervical cancer rather than relying on the vaccine to do the job. " If you are at all concerned, then don't have the vaccine - have regular Pap smears and you will be equally protected from cervical cancer....Pap screening is still the only proven method we have for cervical cancer prevention," said Professor Diane Harper, Ph.D. "We don't know how long the vaccine will protect a woman from HPV infection, and the vaccine does not protect against all types of HPV infection that cause cervical cancer."

The "coincidence" defense mounted by doctors and drug company officials every time a vaccination is followed by injury and death is as old as it is unscientific. It is amazing that they have been able to get away with it for so long. Babies can't talk and babies can't walk so who they will become is still a dream. But young girls and women have already become much of who they will be and, on the cusp of fulfilling the dream, their vaccine deaths and injuries are much more difficult to sweep under the carpet.

It is immoral for doctors in government and industry to continue to look away from the damage done when vaccines cut down the brightest and most physically fit among us. The suggestion that these healthy, high functioning girls were biologically compromised and would have died or been injured that day even if no vaccine had been given is ludicrous. If those in government responsible for protecting the public health and safety look the other way when healthy individuals die and are injured by pharmaceutical products pronounced by government as "safe" for public use, then we cannot be assured that any licensed drug or vaccine is safe.

Last year, the head of the FDA in China was executed for allowing toxic pharmaceutical products to be licensed and released for public use that ended up killing and crippling people.
"I just kept thinking about the good outcomes rather than what could actually happen." What happened to Crystal Olivera was arm pain so severe that it left her unconscious immediately after a Gardasil shot, something she had never experienced with her hepatitis and meningitis vaccines. "The next thing I know I am on the floor in the fetal position." Had she known more about Gardasil - "I wish I'd waited a little until it was out in the public more and also that they did more research about the negative side effects." - Jamie Colby, Fox News (July 11, 2008) SEE VIDEO at http://www.foxnews.com/video2/ video08.html? maven_referralObject=2233990& maven_referralPlayli stId=&sRevUrl=http://www. foxnews.com/health/index.ht ml

"Jessica Ericzon, 17, was "an all- American teenager," as described by one of her upstate LaFargeville teachers. Last February, she was working on her softball pitches, getting ready for a class trip to Universal Studios in Florida and hitting the slopes to snowboard with her older brother. Then one day, the blond, blue-eyed honors student collapsed dead in her bathroom. It started with a pain in the back of her head. On the advice of her family doctor, Jessie had taken a series of three Gardasil shots. The vaccine, marketed for females ages 9 to 26, is the first found to ward off strains of the sexually transmitted human papillomavirus, or HPV, which can cause cervical cancer. Jessie got the first injection in July 2007. After her second shot in September, she complained of a pain in the back of her head, fatigue and soreness in some joints, said her mom, Lisa. On Feb. 20, while on winter break from school, she got her third and final dose of the vaccine. The next night, "she told me the spot on the back of her head was bothering her again," her mom said. The next morning, Feb. 22, Lisa, a hospital technician, left for work just after 5 a.m., leaving Jessie asleep. Jessie never showed up for the class she was taking at Jefferson Community College. When her mom got home at 3:20 p.m., she found Jessie sprawled on her back on the bathroom floor, with blood spots on her head where it had hit a flowerpot. Jefferson County Medical Examiner Samuel Livingstone is stumped. "She was essentially dead by the time she hit the floor. Whatever it was, it was instantaneous," Livingstone said. His autopsy found no cause." - Susan Edelman, New York Post (July 20, 2008)
http://www.nypost.com/seven/ 0720200 8/news/regionalnews/my_girl_ died_as_guinea_pig_fo r_gardasil_120737.htm

" Katherine Kimzey got her first injection of Gardasil along with a Hepatitis-A vaccine and a chicken pox booster. She got the second injection two months later, along with the D-TaP vaccination. Six weeks after the second injection of Gardasil, Katherine passed out. "I tried to get up and my neck was stiff, and I couldn't move it," the teenager explained. "I couldn't move at all." Katherine spent five days in the hospital......Shannon Nelson, 18, from the Chicago area, got the Gardasil shot and two other vaccines-- at the same time. Within a week the soccer star could barely move. "When I went into the hospital I couldn't walk at all. I had to have a wheelchair. It just got worse each day," she explained. Nelson spent 23 days in the hospital and while she's better now the teenager believes one of the vaccines she received is responsible for her illness and her neurologist says it's certainly possible. Katherine Kimzey is back on the soccer field in North Texas. But she still has occasional pain and doesn't know what the future will hold. Thinking about her past experience she says she still worries and so does her mom. Michelle Kimzey says next time; she won't be so quick to jump on the new vaccine bandwagon. "I think the connection is huge," she said.....In a statement to CBS 11 News, Merck -- the maker of Gardasil -- said it has analyzed the reports of paralysis and death, and believes: no safety issue related to the vaccine has been identified." - Ginger Allen, CBS News 11 - Dallas (July 21, 2008) http://cbs11tv.com/health/ Gardasil.ce rvical.cancer.2.776277.html

"Consumer concerns over safety have not been assuaged by "reassurances from the government," said Barbara Loe Fisher, cofounder of the National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC). "We have heard reassurances about safety before - for example, with the whole-cell pertussis (diphtheria- pertussis-tetanus [DPT]) vaccine in the 1980s," she said, noting that this was subsequently withdrawn and replaced by an acellular version in the United States in the 1990s. Ms. Fisher has a son whom she believes was damaged by the DPT vaccine 28 years ago, and she has worked ever since as an activist in the vaccine safety field in various capacities, including a 4- year stint as a consumer member of the FDA Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee.....In addition, the NVIC has been running its own private vaccine reaction registry for the past 26 years, and it currently has about 140 reports on Gardasil, Ms. Fisher said. "These include reports of injury and death, and we are seeing a pattern of what we have termed 'atypical collapse,' " she commented. "These include cases where a girl suddenly passes into unconsciousness either immediately or within 24 hours of vaccination and then revives feeling weak and unable to speak properly or exhibiting other neurological signs. What we are concerned about is that girls are not aware of this possibility and could be crossing the road or driving a car and suddenly pass out." Ms. Fisher also outlined concerns about how Gardasil has been studied. She pointed out that very few of the participants in the clinical trials were aged 11 to 12 years, which is the recommended target age for the vaccine. The New York Times reported in 2006 that of the 20,000 trial participants, 1200 were younger than 16 years." - Zosia Chustecka, Medscape Medical News (August 8, 2008) http://www.medscape.com/ viewarticle/578110

MY GIRL DIED AS 'GUINEA PIG' FOR GARDASIL
TRAGIC: Jessica Ericzon collapsed dead days after receiving a shot of the cervical-cancer vaccine Gardasil.
New York Post         July 20, 2008          By SUSAN EDELMAN

She loved SpaghettiO's, pepperoni, lilies, listening to her iPod and making her pals laugh.
In her senior yearbook, she wrote, "The best things in life aren't things, they're friends."
Now that's the quote chiseled into her gravestone.
Jessica Ericzon, 17, was "an all-American teenager," as described by one of her upstate LaFargeville teachers.
Last February, she was working on her softball pitches, getting ready for a class trip to Universal Studios in Florida and hitting the slopes to snowboard with her older brother.
Then one day, the blond, blue-eyed honors student collapsed dead in her bathroom.
It started with a pain in the back of her head.
On the advice of her family doctor, Jessie had taken a series of three Gardasil shots.
The vaccine, marketed for females ages 9 to 26, is the first found to ward off strains of the sexually transmitted human papillomavirus, or HPV, which can cause cervical cancer.
Jessie got the first injection in July 2007.

After her second shot in September, she complained of a pain in the back of her head, fatigue and soreness in some joints, said her mom, Lisa.
On Feb. 20, while on winter break from school, she got her third and final dose of the vaccine.
The next night, "she told me the spot on the back of her head was bothering her again," her mom said.
The next morning, Feb. 22, Lisa, a hospital technician, left for work just after 5 a.m., leaving Jessie asleep.
Jessie never showed up for the class she was taking at Jefferson Community College.
When her mom got home at 3:20 p.m., she found Jessie sprawled on her back on the bathroom floor, with blood spots on her head where it had hit a flowerpot.
Jefferson County Medical Examiner Samuel Livingstone is stumped.
"She was essentially dead by the time she hit the floor. Whatever it was, it was instantaneous," Livingstone said. His autopsy found no cause.
He speculates she suffered a cardiac arrhythmia, or irregular heartbeat, extremely rare in young people.
Jessie had been on birth-control pills for a year to treat acne, records show.
Livingstone reported Jessie's death to the federal Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System.
Run by the FDA and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, it has collected 8,000 reports of problems after Gardasil shots, including paralysis, seizures and miscarriages.
Seventeen other deaths following the vaccine have been reported since Merck & Co. introduced it in 2006.
Officials have confirmed 11 of the reported deaths so far, said CDC spokesman Curtis Allen.
They have found "no pattern or connection" to Gardasil in eight deaths and are still reviewing three, he said.
Lisa Ericzon now feels her daughter was "a guinea pig" for Gardasil, and is urging parents to research the vaccine before letting their daughters get it.
"I want other mothers to know," said Lisa, the first parent of a girl who died after Gardasil to speak publicly.
"I don't want them to go through what I went through."
Jessie planned to major in psychology at SUNY Plattsburgh and pursue her greatest ambition - to become a New York state trooper.
Just six days before she died, she got to ride along with a trooper canine unit. She was ecstatic.
Her family started the Jessica Ericzon Memorial Fund to award scholarships to her classmates.

Adverse Reactions Reported After Gardasil Shots
CBS 11 News (Dallas)
Ginger Allen, Reporting

July 21, 2008
http://cbs11tv.com/health/ Gardasil.ce rvical.cancer.2.776277.html
DALLAS (CBS 11 News) ¯ The cervical cancer vaccine called Gardasil has been on the market for about two years. Thousands of girls and women across the country, who've received the series of shots, have reported painful and scary side effects and one Dallas family is going through a similar ordeal.
Seizures, temporary paralysis and excruciating pain - those are a few of the symptoms some have reported after taking Gardasil. It took months for a North Texas teen to recover and her family says the Gardasil shots are the only explanation that makes sense.
Dallas mother Michelle Kimzey saw the ads and heard all of the positive news about Gardasil and how it could help prevent cervical cancer. So when she took her 13-year-old daughter, Katherine, to the doctor, getting the vaccine was a 'no-brainer'.
"I thought, wow! When we left the office, I said, I just protected her from one more disease!"
Katherine got her first injection of Gardasil along with a Hepatitis-A vaccine and a chicken pox booster. She got the second injection two months later, along with the D-TaP vaccination.
Six weeks after the second injection of Gardasil, Katherine passed out. "I tried to get up and my neck was stiff, and I couldn't move it," the teenager explained. "I couldn't move at all."

Katherine spent five days in the hospital.
Before the Gardasil vaccine, Katherine was a healthy teen. Her mother suspected Gardasil had something to do with the sudden illness, but doctors ran every test they could think of and couldn't make the connection.
"The most definitive answer was, that's not it," Michelle Kimzey said. "We can't tell you what's wrong, but that's not it."
Barbara Loe Fisher is president of the National Vaccine Information Center, an independent, non- profit clearinghouse for information on vaccines and disease. She says nearly 100 parents, including Katherine's, have contacted the organization believing their daughters have suffered an adverse reaction following a Gardasil shot - at times- given in combination with other vaccines.
Fisher says the reports of complication have caused a real 'crisis of trust' in the hearts and minds of parents.
Since Gardasil won FDA approval, eight million shots have been given. Officials with the Centers for Disease Control say more than 9,000 adverse reactions have been reported. But only six-percent of those are considered serious and that's less than half of what is reported for most vaccines.
Dallas OBGYN Dr. Sheila Chhutani says half of all women will be infected with HPV at some point during their lives. She believes the small number of adverse reactions is far outweighed by the vaccine's benefits.
"So when you look at those numbers and compare them to the numbers of adverse affects with the Gardasil....to me, right now, there is still no comparison."
Dr. Chhutani offers Gardasil to patients between the ages of nine and 26. She will not however give the injection at the same time as other vaccines. Dr. Chhutani says there should be more investigation into whether Gardasil -- given in combination with other vaccines -- could cause an adverse reaction.
Shannon Nelson, 18, from the Chicago area, got the Gardasil shot and two other vaccines-- at the same time. Within a week the soccer star could barely move.
"When I went into the hospital I couldn't walk at all. I had to have a wheelchair. It just got worse each day," she explained.
Nelson spent 23 days in the hospital and while she's better now the teenager believes one of the vaccines she received is responsible for her illness and her neurologist says it's certainly possible.
Katherine Kimzey is back on the soccer field in North Texas. But she still has occasional pain and doesn't know what the future will hold. Thinking about her past experience she says she still worries and so does her mom.
Michelle Kimzey says next time; she won't be so quick to jump on the new vaccine bandwagon. "I think the connection is huge," she said.
The CDC is also looking into 17 reported deaths but doesn't believe Gardasil is to blame.
In a statement to CBS 11 News, Merck -- the maker of Gardasil -- said it has analyzed the reports of paralysis and death, and believes: no safety issue related to the vaccine has been identified.

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2008, 12:54:29 PM »
This will probably be merged with the other HPV thread, but I got this from the CDC's website:  http://www.cdc.gov/std/Hpv/STDFact-HPV-vaccine.htm#why
Will sexually active females benefit from the vaccine?
Ideally females should get the vaccine before they become sexually active, when they may be exposed to HPV. Females who are sexually active may also benefit from the vaccine, but they may get less benefit from it. This is because they may have already gotten an HPV type targeted by the vaccine. Few sexually active young women are infected with all HPV types covered by the vaccine so they would still get protection from those types they have not yet gotten. Currently, there is no test available to tell if a girl/woman has had HPV in the past, or which types.

AND
What does the vaccine not protect against?
The vaccine does not protect against all types of HPV— so it will not prevent all cases of cervical cancer. About 30% of cervical cancers will not be prevented by the vaccine, so it will be important for women to continue getting screened for cervical cancer (regular Pap tests). Also, the vaccine does not prevent other sexually transmitted infections (STIs). So it will still be important for sexually active persons to lower their risk for other STIs.

This, IMO, is a vaccine against STD's.  I personally didn't bother with it when a MD recommended giving it to my then 9 year old, and I'm not planning on allowing her to have it while she's a child.  While I would hope that she would make the choice to not need it, I am leaving the choice to her for when she is an adult.

Offline southmom2k

• Adept
« Reply #137 on: October 07, 2008, 06:52:11 AM »
This is also required for every female immigrant who wants to apply and become a US Permanent resident or citizen.
Quote from USCIS.GOV

Question: There is some concern among both CBOs and civil surgeons regarding the new requirement on the I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, to receive the HPV vaccine. Is the HPV vaccine recommended or required? If required, who is required to take the vaccine? Also, are applicants required to just take the initial dose for the purposes of the I-693, or must they complete the series?

Response: The human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine is one of several new age-specific required vaccinations that have been added to the Technical Instructions for Vaccination for civil surgeons conducting medical examinations of aliens. These newly added vaccination requirements, effective July 1, 2008, were a result of recommendations from the U.S. Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) and are required for persons to be medically cleared for adjustment of status. As a reminder, Health and Human Services/Centers for Disease Control have the regulatory authority to set therequirements for our medical exams and we are bound to these requirements. As such, any vaccination recommendation made by the ACIP for persons living within the U.S. becomes a requirement for immigrants.
The HPV vaccine is required for females ages 11 through 26 years of age. As with all the vaccinations, because completion of a vaccine series often takes several months, applicants are currently not required to complete a series before being medically cleared to proceed with adjustment of status. They must, however, complete as many doses as was medically appropriate at the time the medical exam was conducted and are encouraged to follow-up with their primary physicians at a later date to finish any series. Further information and updates on the required medical exam and vaccines can be accessed at
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/health.htm

Its very sad.
I am a permanent resident Greencard holder and I am SO thankful I missed this. I would NOT have taken it and stayed in my country if I were to be forced to do such a thing.
Want to SAVE $5 on your first order at iherb.com??
Enter KAN020 at checkout!

Check out my etsy shop!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/southmom3kids

Offline milmuth

• Adept
« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2009, 02:32:06 AM »
Spain withdrew its cervical cancer shot after two girls were hositalized within hours of receiving it...in ICU, not just a little sick!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090210/hl_afp/spainhealthcancervaccine

Offline khix

• Master
  • Forever changed, forever Yours!
« Reply #139 on: September 29, 2009, 01:23:41 AM »
http://news.aol.com/article/british-schoolgirl-dies-after-cervical/690970?icid=main|main|dl1|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.com%2Farticle%2Fbritish-schoolgirl-dies-after-cervical%2F690970

(Sept. 28) - A 14-year-old British schoolgirl died Monday, shortly after receiving a cervical cancer vaccination. Local health authorities launched an "urgent" investigation but say a link between the death and the drug has not been established.

The teenager was administered Cervarix, a vaccine for the human papillomavirus (HPV), at her school in Conventry, England. She became sick soon after and was sent to a hospital where she died.

"No link can be made between the death and the vaccine until all the facts are known and a post-mortem takes place," said Dr Caron Grainger, the joint director of public health for NHS (National Health Service) Coventry. "We are conducting an urgent and full investigation into the events surrounding this tragedy."

At least three other girls at the school who received the shot also reported mild symptoms, such as dizziness and nausea, but were not hospitalized.

The batch of Cervarix vaccine used at the school has been quarantined.
Cervarix, manufactured by UK-headquartered GlaxoSmithKline, has been used for the past year in Britain's national immunization program. It is estimated that about a million girls have already safely received the vaccine. It defends against two HPV strains which cause about 70 percent of cervical cancer cases.

In the United States, a panel of vaccine experts at the FDA voted overwhelmingly earlier this month that Cervarix appears safe and effective for girls and women ages 10 to 25. If the FDA follows the group's advice, as it usually does, Glaxo would begin competing against Merck's Gardasil, which has controlled the U.S. market since 2006.

2009 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2009 The Associated Press.
Save $5 on your first order at www.iHerb.com!  Use referral code HIC104.

www.campaignforliberty.com

Offline Mama Sita

• Adept
« Reply #140 on: September 29, 2009, 03:13:40 AM »
How very sad! How many adverse reactions and deaths does it take to get Gardasil off the market?!?

I just wanted to post here and say that there is a very effective weapon against HPV--it's silver! Nature's Sunshine has been very instrumental in developing their Silver Shield products (liquid and gel) that wipe out (like within 1 hour) stuff that even antibiotics can't touch--MRSA, VRE, mycobacteria, and viruses, including HPV.

To treat HPV specifically, use 1/2 bottle of Silver Sol as a douch and hold it for 10 minutes. You'll need to do this for 5 days straight (so you'll need at least 3 bottles), plus use an all-natural tampon with a small amount of the silver gel on it. This treatment is VERY effective at killing HPV--there are several testimonies out there on it.
Here a couple of links to back it up:
 http://www.altmd.com/Specialists/Graham-Natural-Health/Blog/Amazing-Silver-Shield-from-Natures-Sunshine

http://www.motherknowsbest.net/a-natural-alternative-treatment-for-human-papillomavirus-for-women/

I just ordered a bunch of the gel, and if you'd like some, please PM me. Thanks :)
"No one stands as tall as a Christian on his knees."
Get $5 off your first iHerb.com order: Code ISA141