Author Topic: Weight Loss Support/Accountability Group  (Read 38503 times)

Offline herbs girl

• Master
Re: Weight Loss Support/Accountability Group
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2007, 04:11:16 PM »
I don't know if I am too late or not but it would be fun to find a wieght loss  partner.  I am trying to lose 66 pounds!!  I have already lost 8 1/2 and it has not been a week scince I started.  I am 5' 6" and was 155 when I got married, but I am shooting for 140 lbs.  I have had 3 kids, and this is on my list (lose weight) before I think about having another child!!   I am doing the weigh down diet tuesday through sunday every week and a cleansing detox fast for monday and tuesday every week.  I lost 8 i/2 pounds the first fast I've ever did in my life.  I think it really helped to detox me, and I think it will keep my weight loss from hitting plateaus.  It is a fast drink that you can buy at wal-mart...the hollywood diet drink.  I would like to reply back and forth through personal messages , if anyone is interested.

Offline DaddysHelpmeet

• Tanya
  • Learning
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2007, 11:57:39 AM »
Just for your information, finding an accountability partner has been such a wonderful thing. I have enjoyed the emails that we send to one another. Once we were comfortable with the emails and reporting to one another, we added pictures to the names and now I have been able to put a face to my partner and she has been a blessing. Encouragement has come in every form. We make sure to email each other once a week and we will send some during the week if something special happens or we reach a milestone.  I encourage everyone to have an accountability partner. Such a fun thing.. ;D

Tanya
Proud wife of 12 years and mother of 5 beautiful children. Esther 10 yo, Ezra 9 yo, Anna Grace 7 yo, Nekoda Joy 6 yo, Noah Faith 4 yo...No greater Job on the earth..

Offline meow77

• Learning
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2007, 05:34:52 AM »
me, me, me!!!! i wanna play! i need to lose about 80 pounds! i have a treadmill. just started working in some jogging with the walking. flopping fat is painful. no pain no gain (or should i say "no loss").  :P
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 05:36:29 AM by meow77 »

Offline Maria/NHM

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2007, 08:14:00 AM »
How about Exercise accountablility?

Anyone interested?

I could use an accountability partner to help me with my daily exercise routine, encouragement, suggestions - am newly married and don't want to get out of shape - you know all those jokes you hear about growing wider after marriage.   :P 

I am a young, newly married country gal in the midwest. 

I could use an exercise parter.  I'm not trying to loose weight but after three children I could use some serious toning ;D I'm a sorta young ;) married almost six years, always moving(we live in a fifth wheel) don't really know where I live  ;D Mama.

I haven't noticed any widening but gravity ain't a joke >:(

« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 04:57:16 AM by tjmjfamily »
My Blog
http://naturallyhealthymommy.blogspot.com/
Learning and sharing about nutrition and herbs
My user name used to be Ella :)

Offline thatgirl

• Learning
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2007, 09:52:38 AM »
Wow do I need help. I am thinking of starting a low-carb diet next week and would like to hear from any of you who have tried it and have had success. If so... what do you recommend diet and exercise-wise. I have at least 40 lbs. to lose after having baby #1, so I need all the help I can get  ::).

Thanks!

Offline amazonmama2five

• Adept
    • Amazonmamasadventures
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2007, 12:15:26 PM »
Wow do I need help. I am thinking of starting a low-carb diet next week and would like to hear from any of you who have tried it and have had success. If so... what do you recommend diet and exercise-wise. I have at least 40 lbs. to lose after having baby #1, so I need all the help I can get  ::).

Thanks!

Hey Thatgirl,
I started the low-carb thing Sat. and have already lost 7lbs!  I can hardly believe it.  I am totally cutting carbs for the first two weeks and then reintroducing them back slowly.  I believe the key is to eat good fats and lots of greens.  I am having an omelet w/cheese and diced tomato, onion, green pepper, and avocado fried in butter for breakfast; salad of bok choy and/or leaf lettuce, tomatoes, green pepper, cukes, red and green cabbage, very little shredded carrot, some kind of meat cooked with lots of garlic and sea salt and dressing for lunch.  Supper is a little meat with veggies or scrambled eggs w/cheese or like tonight nothing!  I am full from a late lunch.
I am also taking globe artichoke w/boldo for liver support and cleansing.
PM me if you want to chat!
Lisa
He is no fool that gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.~Jim Elliot
My Intro
Visit our site!

Offline its_me518

• Adept
  • Check out GenuineAid.com for Natural Health info.
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2007, 03:00:34 PM »
I'm so glad this subject got bumped up!!  I just had my 4th baby 2 mos ago and I need to lose weight  :-\
I'm 5'7 and about 175lbs.  I was 155 when I got pg and so I would like to lose 20 lbs to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight but my ultimate goal would be my wedding weight which was 130lbs.  
I don't know how realistic that is after having 4 kids, but after I get to 155 I'd like to take it in 5lb increments and see where my body feels is a healthy weight.  
I'm nursing and homeschooling and a registered chocoholic!  I have a treadmill here at home which just stares me down and is a constant source of guilt!  
Anyone else in a similiar place who would like to partner with me??  Or anyone from the previous posts that would let me join your group??
BTW, how is everyone from the previous posts doing in their weight loss journey??
Also, I should let you know that I'm a horrible dieter   ::)

Hey Mamasboys! I just thought I'd let you know that you sound like me ;) I just had my 3rd, am 5'9" and right now weight 171... My pre-pregnancy weight is 169, so I got 2 pds to lose to get there and thank God it's only been 5 weeks since my baby was born!! I don't EVER remember being less than 158... but my goal is to get to 145 and then see how I like it. I read somewhere that you should weight 100 pds for the 1st 5 feet, and another 5 pds per inch after that... so that would put me at 145.... I would love to be "skinny" by summer, but I don't know if that is realistic!!

Here's  something else though... I have really heavy bones.... so I don't know if I'll ever weight 145. I have a cousin who weights as much as me, except she is probably 3 times my size.... I think that's weird, but that just proves that I have heavy bones.

Anyway, right now my form of exercise is walking really fast on the treadmill (speed 4.2) every weekday for 40 minutes.. that's at lease 2.5 miles a day... I eat pretty healthy, not to much junk, and have really tried to cut out sugars.... I like to try to skip meals... it makes me feek like I eat less that way. And when I get too hungry too soon after eating, instead of eating again I try to fill my stomach with a large cup of tea.. (usually Mama's Red Raspberry tea) that seems to help A LOT!!

I've been wanting to write here for a while, but I was pregnant and knew I couldn't lose weight... But now I finally can!! Would love to hear from you.... by the way, do you have 4 boys?

http://www.GenuineAid.com is the Natural Health Blog for Nutrients and Benefits of Fruits, Vegetables, Berries, Nuts, Meats, Dairy, Herbs, and other Foods.

Offline his.silly.wife

• Master
  • Psalm 100:5
« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2007, 03:31:23 PM »
please please please do NOT drink any diet soda.
My children don't know the science behind it, but they have learned that we don't drink DIET drinks.  We were at a community gathering and they all searched the table for the non-diet drinks available.  That is really unusual around here, because almost everyone is overweight and dieting.  I've tried to explain that one has real sugar and the other has fake sugar, and even though sugar isn't very good for you, you'd be better off with the real stuff than the fake.
Now if only there was a way I could teach them to be subtle...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 03:35:24 PM by ps100vs5 »
Like NoGreaterJoy?  Sign up on fellowshipdirectory.com to meet others like you.

Offline amy3js

• Master
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2007, 09:43:22 PM »
Hi! I'm not sure if anyone is ever on this thread anymore, but I hope so as I could really use some weight loss support.  I have been trying for 6 months now and I have only lost 7 pounds, which is very minor in comparison to how much I need to lose.  :-[

I am really good about exercising. I walk for one hour (3 miles) 5 times a week. But my eating is still horrid and I need some help to stay on track. I am currently trying to cut out all refined sugars and eat as many veggies as possible. Also, I am learning portion control and real serving sizes, which has been difficult as it involves self control and I tend to be more free spirited about things. So if anyone would like to help me stay on track and would need some help of their own, let me know!  :)
You get what you get, what matters is what you do with it.

Offline AbbaJava

• Adept
« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2007, 02:49:55 AM »
I feel the same weigh!  :D I have only lost 1 pound in the past 3 months!  I am really up and down and I am trying.  I just keep praying for the strength to resist food.  I will pray for you as well.  Godspeed!

Offline amy3js

• Master
« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2007, 04:53:40 AM »
Thank you!  I will pray for you also. Are you doing anything in particular, or just cutting calories?

Offline mom24boys

• Adept
« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2007, 12:24:25 PM »
. I am currently trying to cut out all refined sugars and eat as many veggies as possible. Also, I am learning portion control and real serving sizes, which has been difficult as it involves self control and I tend to be more free spirited about things. So if anyone would like to help me stay on track and would need some help of their own, let me know!  :)

I have been doing an Atkins-style diet since December.  I have lost around 50#.  I have not formally added exercise.  I am saving that for when I hit a stubborn platue. (which is about now but I haven't added that exercise yet... mmm).

Anyway, I just wanted to say that the thing I really learned and gave me the most success with Atkins is that I started with making food choices but ate to fullness and didn't really limit calories.  Then, as I began getting used to what I could and couldn't eat, I could start giving good attention to portion size.

Also, for some people, they need a lot more protein to lose weight than the average person.  I have 100# more to lose, so I am pretty big.  I need a minimum of 21 grams of protein per meal and another 10-15 grams as snack during the day to keep losing.  Otherwise, I just stall out, even if I am only eating veggies!

I could use some sister-hood support in this as well.  I'll try to keep checking in.

Offline amy3js

• Master
« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2007, 05:20:08 PM »
. I am currently trying to cut out all refined sugars and eat as many veggies as possible. Also, I am learning portion control and real serving sizes, which has been difficult as it involves self control and I tend to be more free spirited about things. So if anyone would like to help me stay on track and would need some help of their own, let me know!  :)

I have been doing an Atkins-style diet since December.  I have lost around 50#.  I have not formally added exercise.  I am saving that for when I hit a stubborn platue. (which is about now but I haven't added that exercise yet... mmm).

Anyway, I just wanted to say that the thing I really learned and gave me the most success with Atkins is that I started with making food choices but ate to fullness and didn't really limit calories.  Then, as I began getting used to what I could and couldn't eat, I could start giving good attention to portion size.

Also, for some people, they need a lot more protein to lose weight than the average person.  I have 100# more to lose, so I am pretty big.  I need a minimum of 21 grams of protein per meal and another 10-15 grams as snack during the day to keep losing.  Otherwise, I just stall out, even if I am only eating veggies!

I could use some sister-hood support in this as well.  I'll try to keep checking in.

I like your idea of making better choices but eating untill fullness. And I probably do need more protein. Sometimes all the info about what to do or not do is so overwhelming! And I have far to go as well, I need to lose the same as you, but your already 50 down and thats awesome! Are you following something specific or just a lose variation of atkins?

Offline Roehrmomma

• Master
    • Polished cornerstones
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2007, 03:17:09 PM »
Ok I have been this same weight since my 2 yr old was born.I have lost 5 LBS here and 10 LBS there.Only to turn around and see it almost instantly.  I am so tired of not knowing the right way to go and what would be the best lasting. It is hard cause I have children with allergies that have to eliminate foods for and still keep my husband pleased with the foods.( not sure that is really happening at the moment   ::)  )Seems I just keep  getting more and more hungry. And now I am thinking it is causing other problems in my health.
   I am 5 ft and 160 LBS. :P  Where should I start? ::)

Em

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2007, 03:59:51 PM »
You know how sometimes you pray for something and then you have to kinda laugh at how God answered for you?? 
I have really been praying about my weight, or more specifically jump-starting weight loss as I was up 20 pounds from were I need to be.  I had been having a hard time getting/keeping motivation, until...... last weekend when we, who are never sick, actually had a horrible time with a stomach bug... I lost 5 pounds in the first 24 hours and now a week later still have no appetite and the pounds are still off.

But back to the point, my plan is to start the master cleanse on Wednesday and continue it for at least 10 days if possible.  I feel that right now is a good mental and physical time for this.  I had been able to start exercising again over the past month and my goal for that is to do at least 4 days a week for at least an hour of either cardio or ttapp...especially the dreaded tempo lower body :P with cardio.
After completing the master cleanse my plan is:
breakfast: kefir smoothie with fruit and protein powder
lunch: whole wheat pita with tuna or chicken salad with lots of fresh/raw veggies
snack: nuts or cheese
dinner: small amount of whatever's for dinner.. protein and veggies mainly
at least 3 liters of water thru out the day.
I know that I can do this, I've just got to stick with it.  I also know that my body will respond to this plan. 
I've set a goal of Feb 2 to have at least 6-10 more pounds off.  We are going on a big vacation the first week of Feb, and I can worry about the last 5 pounds after we get back.
I am concerned about the MC as I started it last year and lasted only 2 days.... can I help that I really love to eat?  I am really just wanting to stay focused. 
I almost forgot... i have been drinking green tea blends lately thru out the day.  I think that it has also really helped.  We use the rise and shine recipe from bhs and I made up my own "stress busters" based upon their recipe, but also add in some licorice root for adrenal support.
Well... this is my plan at any rate,  I'm working the next 2 days, and then off for several with no school to do  :D   .... am I actually ever supposed to have a day off??

Offline skelliott2

• Adept
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2007, 04:08:02 PM »
Ok I have been this same weight since my 2 yr old was born.I have lost 5 LBS here and 10 LBS there.Only to turn around and see it almost instantly.  I am so tired of not knowing the right way to go and what would be the best lasting. It is hard cause I have children with allergies that have to eliminate foods for and still keep my husband pleased with the foods.( not sure that is really happening at the moment   ::)  )Seems I just keep  getting more and more hungry. And now I am thinking it is causing other problems in my health.

Em

I did the same thing after my fourth baby.  I would lose 5, gain 5 a LOT.  So, I decided to join weight watchers.  That was six months ago.  I lost 17 pounds in 3 months!!!  I've eaten for the last three months anything I want, including Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving, and a 10 day trip to Europe.  I've only gained four pounds back, so the weight I lost there was permanent. 

Here's why I think it works.  I have to write everything down.  If you eat, write it down.  Don't cheat.  If you nibble, write it down.  Keep your calories to 1200-1400 a day.  Drink 6 glasses of water.  Plan your food for the day in the morning, and stick to it.  Check in every week with a friend, your husband, or WTM.  It does work, as long as you write it down, and have to give results to someone else once a week.  Go for it!  You can do it!!

Offline Roehrmomma

• Master
    • Polished cornerstones
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2007, 04:14:35 PM »

Em

I did the same thing after my fourth baby.  I would lose 5, gain 5 a LOT.  So, I decided to join weight watchers.  That was six months ago.  I lost 17 pounds in 3 months!!!  I've eaten for the last three months anything I want, including Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving, and a 10 day trip to Europe.  I've only gained four pounds back, so the weight I lost there was permanent. 

Here's why I think it works.  I have to write everything down.  If you eat, write it down.  Don't cheat.  If you nibble, write it down.  Keep your calories to 1200-1400 a day.  Drink 6 glasses of water.  Plan your food for the day in the morning, and stick to it.  Check in every week with a friend, your husband, or WTM.  It does work, as long as you write it down, and have to give results to someone else once a week.  Go for it!  You can do it!!

That would be pretty easy as far as diets would go I would say.I would just need to be careful to get nutrient dense foods to help my hunger.What would a few be that are low calories yet high in needs for my body.
  Now to be happy with less than instant results. ::)  Yes I am a big quitter.I will lose for a week then nothing for 2 days and I am gone and done with it. :-[

Em

Offline Sparkys9

• Adept
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2007, 05:49:09 PM »
 I agree with writing it down. I have been doing that this pg, after eating. I really don't like writing down," 4 squares of fudge with walnuts, 550 calories, 1 gr protein". It helps me to be honest with myself about where I am "spending" my calories and make sure I am getting enough protein. I'm not too sure how you'd do on the calorie amt she mentioned. I tried going down to 1600/ day and didn't do too well. It's that hypoglycemia thing. If you have those types of problems I think you'd probably want to have a higher calorie count and just take more time losing it. I think somewhere on Hillbilly Housewife there's a link to a website that helps you figure out how many calories to consume based on your present weight and activity level, as well as the time frame to lose the weight in. Obviously this does not make up for a dr.'s advice, but it would give you a starting point.HTH. AMy
I can do all things through Christ which strentheneth me. Phillipians 4:13

Offline amy3js

• Master
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2007, 06:45:14 PM »
I also agree with the writing it down. Every time I get really serious about losing weight (which I should be now  ::)) I write it down and it really really helps. It makes me too embarrassed to eat certain things and then I make better food choices.

In fact I'm gonna start again. In fact I will go do it now! Ok, I'm glad I read this thread. Thanks for kicking me in the rear!  :D

Offline iluvmyboyz

• Learning
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2008, 08:32:34 PM »
I agree with the writing it down thing.  The problem I have is that I need to have to tell someone.  That way I will actually be embarrassed about it. LOL  I am looking to lose ALOT of weight.  I want to get pregnant again, but not until I get myself under control.  I have two boys 1 and 2 and am always busy.  If anyone is interested in having someone to talk to about it, I am looking.  Thanx  :D

Offline amy3js

• Master
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2008, 01:15:51 AM »
I agree with the writing it down thing.  The problem I have is that I need to have to tell someone.  That way I will actually be embarrassed about it. LOL  I am looking to lose ALOT of weight.  I want to get pregnant again, but not until I get myself under control.  I have two boys 1 and 2 and am always busy.  If anyone is interested in having someone to talk to about it, I am looking.  Thanx  :D

Me me! *jumping up with hand raised*  ;D I would like someone to keep me accountable too. And I am currently trying to get pregnant and have a lot of weight to lose. PM me of your interested.  ;)

Offline Bev

• Adept
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2008, 09:59:40 PM »
I really need a weight loss partner as well. Would anyone like to be mine? I need to lose 30 pounds.  Someone else need to lose about that much weight?  The writing done idea is a really good one.

Offline AndysJess

• Adept
  • blessed to be my husband's wife
« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2008, 06:06:16 AM »
I really need a weight loss partner as well. Would anyone like to be mine? I need to lose 30 pounds.  Someone else need to lose about that much weight?  The writing done idea is a really good one.

I would like to lose about 30 lbs...PM me if you would like to partner with me.  I had a baby a month ago.  My first step is to cut sugar out for 30 days.
Helpmeet to Andy for over 10 years.  Mama to Drew, Dylan, Cullen & Avery...new baby due in May 2010

Offline girly

• Adept
« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2008, 06:10:50 AM »
I have plenty of weight that I need to lose.  I'd be interested in an partnering up with someone else for accountability and encouragement.  I live in MI so someone in this area would be great just because that individual could likely relate to the challenges we face here with winter keeping us in and such.  I have a treadmill and I enjoy using it but getting on that thing is the really hard part ::)  I am just trying to pray my way through my habit of overindulging.  I don't eat terribly poorly - we don't keep snack on hand for the most part.  I have come to believe that my issue is 50% sugar addiction.  I am addicted to sweets like a user is to drugs.  I don't need candy so much but if I'm not careful I'd eat a bunch of bananas in a day and drink a carton of oj.  I have a habit of missing meals because I'm busy.  I am having a terrible time kicking this need for "sweet".  And, I have just allowed this to happen to me.  With my last 3 babies I didn't seem to lose any weight in between them - it's terrible how my body got so out of whack!  I'd like to buckle down but I'm a total quitter and I need help. My husband, bless his heart, has terrible eating habits and I'm afraid I've been turning into him.  I'm not saying that to insult him - he's a great guy - but I've developed his unhealthy habits in my desire to be with him and do things with him. 

Offline called2Bhelp

• mommy of 2 beautiful children, wife to the most wonderful man I know.
  • Learning
« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2010, 05:19:20 AM »
Hi there,
I was wondering is there was anyone who would like an accountability partner. :)
I am a young mother of 2 and am trying to loose 15 pounds. I have just started running again, and thought it would be fun to have someone else to to be accountable with. ;)
I live in North west Montana, its really chilly here, but I am getting use to running in the cold. I am pretty determined to loose this extra baggage and get back to my pre prego weight. If anyone is interested pm me. ;D
Thanks
Molli

Offline JohnsDaughter

• Learning
    • Literary Maidens Publishing
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2010, 04:21:21 PM »
Hi Molli,

I tried going to your profile (to find out how to PM you) but it wouldn't let me.  ???

I also need to lose 15 lbs (maybe close on 20!) and I am also trying to figure out how I can start *running.*  :D  Have you been running for a while?  How did you start?  How did you get yourself to get out in the c-o-l-d and run?  I live in North Texas and we've had an unusual amount of snow and below freezing temperatures. (Imagine that...  ;D)

I would love to have you as partner and get this weight off once and for all (I'm aiming for mid-May to be done).

In Him,

Christy