Author Topic: Weight Loss Support/Accountability Group  (Read 38493 times)

Offline Christal

• Adept
Re: Weight Loss Support/Accountability Group
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2006, 03:12:20 AM »
I want to pair up too.  I want to do an aggressive yeast kill diet too but so far haven't found the energy to plan around my grains.  I bake my own bread and the DH and DC eat a lot of it.  I have never been able to resist temptation.  :-\

I am 5'3" and 170 lbs.  I want to be 130-135.  I have always been muscular and was 150 during high school even during basketball season.  I got to 145 for my wedding day by running two miles a day but it was hard on my knees.  I know I could have lost more because I had a pudge in the middle but I wasn't eating whole grain or unprocessed foods at that time. 

I would like to do light weights and stretches to lengthen my muscles (this has helped in the past make me look slimmer since I am muscular already), and walk a couple miles five days a week.  This regimen always makes me start looking slimmer but I get off track before I loose any weight.

joychild24seven sounds like we are somewhat similar so maybe we could start a sugar fighting group of muscular women.  ;D
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through Me."  John 14v6

Offline WithLoveAndJoy

• Master
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2006, 03:18:27 AM »
Ok, let me be a little bit more specific about my situation, and maybe one of you would be willing to pair up with me?

I am 5'8 and only need to lose 20 lbs to be satisfied but have difficulty resisting junk food and sweets.  I believe I have a yeast overgrowth.  Food is almost an addiction for me because I turn to it when I am bored, lonely, or need comforting.  It is just always there.  I learned this behavior from watching family members struggle with their weight and body image all their life.  I believe it has rubbed off on me significantly.

Is there anyone else out there in a similar situation who might be willing to pair up with me?
Visit my blog and see my deals for the week :)

http://homemakersresource.blogspot.com/

Offline Christal

• Adept
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2006, 03:29:09 AM »
Joyfullyhis, I PM you about pairing up.  I know what you mean about the yeast and needing sugar for comfort.  Story of my life.  However, the yeast is getting worst and causing skin issues that are not only painful but embarrassing (dandruff, hair comes out by handfuls, rough cracked hands).  :-[
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through Me."  John 14v6

Offline WithLoveAndJoy

• Master
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2006, 03:44:30 AM »
I am paired up with Christal.  Who will pair up with Pennie?  I want to make sure that everyone who wants a partner gets one.

Offline seeker

• Adept
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2006, 04:21:24 AM »
I will be glad to pair up with Pennie. Sounds like we have similar circumstances - still nursing a baby and tired. Pennie, do you have a partner for this yet?

Offline WithLoveAndJoy

• Master
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2006, 04:29:26 AM »
It sounds like we are getting some progress with pairing up.  Does anyone who wants a partner not have one yet?

I still would like us to post an update on this thread, so that we can keep motivated, but I believe that the pairing up will be great too.

Offline mamanabb

• Learning
    • purelightsoap.com
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2006, 04:40:05 AM »
I would like to pair up with someone as well,

my situation

5'7 184lbs  would like to lose 20 more 

mother of 5 and nursing

similar sugar and yeast ssues that I feel like I have overcome

We started Purelight Soap Company out of frustration over the detergent-laden and synthetic soap products you’ll find at your local supermarket.
Treat yourself to Pure...Light...Soap!

Offline GarlicMomma

• Adept
  • My dd took this one in late summer in TN.
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2006, 04:50:37 AM »
Yes, I would like a partner!

I posted before (on page 1), but briefly I am 37, 5'6", and weighed 222 this morning.

I lost 24 pounds last year and saw the scale say below 200 for the first time in 14 years. Then moved in May and have regained it all back! Aargh!

So I am restarting my program today! Woo hoo! I do plan to take Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Eve off.

I would definitely be interested in a partner in a similar situation.

Offline mamanabb

• Learning
    • purelightsoap.com
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2006, 04:56:59 AM »
Garlicmomma I would like to partner with you if you'd like. 
We started Purelight Soap Company out of frustration over the detergent-laden and synthetic soap products you’ll find at your local supermarket.

Offline GarlicMomma

• Adept
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2006, 05:30:16 AM »
Sure mamanabb.... I will partner with you! I just sent you a message to your e-mail. Tell me if you got it or not.

Way to go everyone!  :)

Offline crystal

• Adept
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2006, 05:33:07 AM »
Hi!

Would like to join, also.  Anyone else out there needing a partner?  I am 39, mother of three, homeschooler, have lost 25-30 pounds in the last year and a half with Weight Watchers.  Am wavering majorly as of late.  I still have 20 that I want off of the bod.  How about it?

Crystal

Offline GarlicMomma

• Adept
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2006, 05:42:08 AM »
Can we have two partners, kind of a three way? Say mamanabb, Crystal, and myself? Would that be okay?

Mamanabb and Crystal ....what do you think?

Offline WithLoveAndJoy

• Master
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2006, 05:52:17 AM »
If you guys want to have a partnership of three, I say go for it.  Whatever works best for you guys!

Offline crystal

• Adept
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2006, 05:58:20 AM »
Can we have two partners, kind of a three way? Say mamanabb, Crystal, and myself? Would that be okay?

Mamanabb and Crystal ....what do you think?

That would be great!  In reviewing page one of this thread, I do see some people that posted that it doesn't appear have partners, yet?  I just want to make certain that everyone is taken care of that wants to be involved.  So, GarlicMomma and mamanabb, I would be honored to partner with you if there is no one else in need of someone.  Crystal

Offline GarlicMomma

• Adept
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2006, 05:59:44 AM »
Well I will leave it up to mamanabb and Crystal. I have similarities between the two. I am like mamanabb in that bad carbahydrates have an unresistable draw for me (definite addiction these last few months). And I am like Crystal in some ways too.

I have already PM mamanabb, but not Crystal yet.

It is a beautiful day to take a walk, a bit chilly, but pretty outside. (Or at least that is what I keep telling myself  ::) )

Offline patp

• Learning
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2006, 09:22:09 AM »

I'm available to partner with.  Anyone still needing a partner? 

Offline crystal

• Adept
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2006, 09:57:57 AM »

I'm available to partner with.  Anyone still needing a partner? 
Yes, I will partner with you.  GarlicMomma and mamanabb, I hope you are ok with that.  I just figured that there would be enough of us out there to partner up in twos.  Thanks for being willing to take me in with you.  patp, I will email you or if you get to me first, that's great!  Blessings to you all.  I thank God for this site and all of you.  I have learned SOOOO much!

Crystal

Offline joychild24seven

• Adept
    • Cloth Alternatives for Women
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2006, 10:24:16 AM »
joychild24seven sounds like we are somewhat similar so maybe we could start a sugar fighting group of muscular women.  ;D

:D I'd really like a partner as well... any more "sugar fighting muscular women" out there?
Every Day You Save My Life

Offline mrsnoah

• Adept
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2006, 07:54:06 AM »
Hi all. I would like to pair with some of you who have alot to lose! I am 5' 4 and weigh 250 lbs. HELP! I want to yeast cleanse and get at it. I have battled this all my life but mostly after taking birth control pills 6 years ago. I know better now and would like to lose 100 lbs. Anybody want to pair up?
m~

Offline jammy

• Adept
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2006, 08:26:58 AM »
Hi all, I'm a lil late to the mix, but I NEED this as well!  I'm 5'7" and 270 last I checked, size 22 and sick of it!  I've been walking 2 miles per day, 5 days per week, for the last month.  Trying to remember to push that water, and would like to concentrate on real and pure foods, nothing low-fat or with fake sugar etc,...  I'd like to be more consistent with portion sizes. 
Jenn :D

Offline momof4boys

• Adept
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2006, 09:21:00 AM »
WOW, maybe this is just what I need.  I have been struggling to lose some extra weight I have found along the way  :o  don'tcha just hate that!  Anyway, I am 34 year old homeschooling mom of 4 boys.  I am about 5'6 and 158lbs.  I would love to lose 30lbs but would be happy with 20.  I just seem to be a nibbler all day.  I have started the water cure but haven't made my whole amount yet.  Just can't get it all down :-[.  I live too far from town to walk the park and here where we live the street is way to busy for me.  I do walk it some but really don't like to.  I need to find a work out routine for me.  Anyone who would like to partner with me would be wonderful.  Thanks, Deanna
Faith does not deny the reality of the difficulty.
Faith declares the POWER of God in the face of it.

Offline Tanya

• Learning
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2006, 09:33:21 AM »

Hey there Girls, I am going to be vulnerable and say this out loud. I am 5'9 and weight 276 pounds that drag me down. My body has really been telling me something must be done. I have been on the water cure for the past two weeks and just started walking again. I am feeling better but would love to join you in your journey to recovery. I want to lose 100 pounds and never see them again. I want my health back. I am getting ready to do a liver flush in a couple of days. The first I have ever tried. I can literally feel stones in there. I had my gallbladder removed years ago so I know this is necessary. I have two little children who love being active and I would like to join them. I would also like to have more children. I am 38 and feel kind of old. Any takers?
Tanya

Offline WithLoveAndJoy

• Master
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2006, 02:50:23 AM »
Ok, now is time for my weekly update.  I stuck to my plan pretty closely, only deviated twice, having lunch with coworkers yesterday (but I brought my own salade to eat with the chicken lunch).  And I had one small piece of cake with my dinner a couple of days ago.

I was able to excercise three out of the four days I planned to.  I am discouraged though, because the scale has not budged a single pound.  I must persevere.

Offline Simply Kristen

• My weekly podcast that explores all aspects of healthy living.
  • Master
    • SimplyKristen Blog
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2006, 04:58:15 AM »
I am discouraged though, because the scale has not budged a single pound.  I must persevere.

Getting healthy/losing weight is so exciting.
I haven't read the whole post.... but I have a suggestion.

How about measuring inches instead of pounds? Better yet BOTH! Inches (I believe) are a better way to see how much you are exactly losing and where.  Remember that muscle weighs more than fat!

Keep at it ladies! Good Job!

Offline mamanabb

• Learning
    • purelightsoap.com
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2006, 09:25:43 AM »
Crystal I am so glad you found a partner.  Does everyone have a partner now? 

If any one is interested in an encouraging book check out Lose It For Life by Stephen Arterburn.  It deals with our relationship with God and why we eat, how we sabatoge our own weight loss with things we need to lay before the Lord.  He doesn't preach a "diet" or any particular exercise program but he does have recommendations if you are using Atkins or Weight Watchers.  I found it motivating and useful to really take a look at why and what I am eating. 

As for my check in I am not doing as well as I would like.  Mostly my attitude is lousy.  I haven't had a chance to exercise and my eating has been off the mark.  When those two things don't line up it seems like my attitude goes down the drain.  And my darling children and husband seem to pay for it.  Something I must lay down before the Lord!

Thanks all for this forum I am excited to hear/read about all of your successes!
mamanabb

Offline DaddysHelpmeet

• Tanya
  • Learning
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2006, 04:00:18 PM »
I am in desperate need of a partner..Someone to which I have to give an account to. I am horrible when it comes to making some time to exercise. I am 5'3 and weigh 170 pounds. I feel horrible most of the time. I have no energy and with 5 children that is unacceptable. Any help and encouragement I could get would absolutely be a God Send...Thanks already

Tanya
Proud wife of 12 years and mother of 5 beautiful children. Esther 10 yo, Ezra 9 yo, Anna Grace 7 yo, Nekoda Joy 6 yo, Noah Faith 4 yo...No greater Job on the earth..

Offline kentuckymommy

• KentuckyMommy
  • Adept
    • The Path Less Traveled
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2006, 04:21:29 PM »
Hi ladies!
I just signed on to give an account of my week and saw that everyone is pairing up! Any one left needing someone? I am trying to lose 35-40 lbs. and nursing. I am trying to beat the sugar beast!!!! PM if you'd like to pair up!
Ashley, sweetheart to Jesse and mamabear to five little babes...Emily Grace (10), Jeremiah David (8.5), Joshua Caleb (6), Bethany Joy (3.5), and Jonathan Paul (14 months)!

Dear hubby scared Miah when we was 18 months and Miah told Daddy," You carin' me dad, you care!" Very cute!

Offline joychild24seven

• Adept
    • Cloth Alternatives for Women
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2006, 09:03:41 AM »
Hi Everyone!!!

It looks like there may still be people who do not have a partner. If you want a partner and do NOT have one then please just post a "bump" message. When you do partner up with someone please post this so we know it has been taken care of. This way everyone who wants to stay accountable will be able to.

Thanks. ;D
Every Day You Save My Life

Offline Christal

• Adept
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2006, 09:35:39 AM »
Time for my weekly check in.  I guess I haven't been binging, so that is good, but I haven't stuck to my plan either.  I keep saying tomorrow will be better.  We have just had so much going on and I have been neglecting my child training duties so we have to do some specific focusing there.  Things are looking up though so maybe next week I can post some successes.

Offline WithLoveAndJoy

• Master
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2006, 07:56:50 AM »
I hear you there, Pennie, I keep losing and gaining the same three pounds.  I guess I should be happy I am not just gaining!