Author Topic: McDonald's - never again!  (Read 26514 times)

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• Guru
  • I SEE YOU
    • BJ_BOBBI_JO blog
Re: McDonald's - never again!
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2007, 10:54:48 AM »
I did not see this posted here a fried just emailed this to me and I thought maybe some of you would be intrested in looking at it.  They are really trying to kill us.

http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=n958m4e44u

God Bless,
Angie

After watching the above vedio and seeing how  some of those big macs were close to 20 years old and still looked almost the same made me think that Mcdonalds needs to go into the bussiness of making anti-aging face/body cream.

If they can make a dead cow patty last 20 years and still look young then they certainly can make some anti-aging creams. LOL.

Offline DHW

• Adept
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2007, 12:02:41 PM »
Um, don't you mean a dead hamburger patty?  A cow patty is usually found out in the pasture...maybe healthier, though.  :D

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2007, 12:03:57 PM »
Hm, I mostly saw bread in all his displays.  Was the meat there and I just didn't see it?

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• Guru
  • I SEE YOU
    • BJ_BOBBI_JO blog
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2007, 12:48:12 PM »
:D Yep I meant dead cow meat. I forgot cow poop piles are called pattys. EWWWWWWWWWWWW

LOL

Offline Isaacsmama

• Adept
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2007, 05:10:34 PM »
Yuck!  I think I heard something about this before.  Wasnt it in NT somewhere about fast food burgers.  thanks goodness we are anti-fast food.  I havent had McDonalds food for about 8 years now.  And our boy has Never been to a fast food place.  thanks for the clip, that was good.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2007, 09:27:28 AM »
We just saw the SuperSize Me movie last night as part of a presentation. WOW! A healthy guy and the 3 doctors say that a diet of Mac food isn't going to change him much and in 2 weeks they are telling him to quit because his blood tests, etc show that his body is DYING :o  Interesting documentary although I would advise caution in veiwing... It's not quite up to our standards of a good movie.
A book to read is Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser.

I agree we will never CHOOSE MacDonalds or fast food again. BTW we already felt that way before the movie :D
I'm currently reading this book.  I'm about half way through it and I'm so totally disgusted with what I'm learning from this book.  I think everyone should read it.  It will give you a whole new perspective on the food industry in America. 

PS  It's not just about what they put in the food, it's about the lack of morality, scruples and compassion that it takes to get a McDonald's Big Mac and fries into your hands at a very low cost.

A must read!   >:(
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Redheadedmama

• Learning
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2012, 10:46:44 AM »
Thank Goodness we do not eat at McDonalds nomore. If we do eat out , its at a restaurant where I know they cook everything from scratch.( A mexican place we know that does that.)  and my kids prefer Subway. That's our favorite fast food now.