Author Topic: Oral Chelation: How, When, Why & How Much  (Read 37999 times)

Offline gabi

• Adept
Oral Chelation: How, When, Why & How Much
« on: April 23, 2006, 05:11:27 PM »
Hi there...
Can anyone tell me the best time to do oral chelation in reference to starting The Master Cleanse? (I'm going to begin w/ a parasite cleanse, then liver, a 2 wk juice fast, liver again then finally the Master Cleanse)---but where can I  fit in a heavy metal detox--before, during, after? Yes, it all sounds very ambitious, I know...But for the sake of having a "Master PLAN" ;) does anyone have any suggestions?

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
Re: Oral Chelation: How, When, Why & How Much
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 01:39:24 PM »
My son has SID and they are testing him for toxic metals.  They will want to do chelation therapy if he has this problem.  Anyone have good or bad info on the topic?  I'm very confused and need some help!  I know what it is, just want to know if it is safe or not.  Thanks ;D
Wife for 11 years, Mommy to 3 rambunctious boys!!  :)  Lover of Jesus, my hubby, my kids, and learning!
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://glutenfreegoose.blogspot.com/

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 02:51:15 PM »
I was going to have it done if my heavy metals test came back too high.  My aluminum was high, but not as drastic as my daughters.  Mine was about 30 and my daughters was around 80.  I do know that it just feels like an IV would feel.  They insert DHEA into your bloodstream which bonds to the heavy metals and draws them out.  Depending how much is in your system will depend on how many times you will need to go.  How old is your son?  Is this something that he will be able to sit through? 
If you are looking for someone that does it, usually a health food store or a local chiropractor will have information of someone in your area who does it.  If you do decide to do it, let me know how it goes.  I am considering it for my daughter.

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 03:27:37 PM »
He is 4.  But they wouldn't do it with an IV.  They give you oral medication.  I've heard the kids can end up having to take the meds for 1-2 years depending on the severity of the toxic metals.  I haven't gotten his test results back yet, but want to be prepared if they come back high.  I've just heard such contradicting info on it. I'm definently going to ask my chiropractor next time we see him what he thinks.  He usually had good insight.  I'll let you know if I find anything else out and hopefully others will respond on this thread. ;D
Wife for 11 years, Mommy to 3 rambunctious boys!!  :)  Lover of Jesus, my hubby, my kids, and learning!

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 03:30:52 PM »
I have never heard of it orally.  I wonder what is in it.  Especially, if it is considered a medicine.  What about what everyone is saying about spirulina?  If the oral chelation turns out to be bad, perhaps, that is a more natural way of doing things.  Let me know.  I am curious about the oral kind of chelation, too.

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 03:46:39 PM »
In order to give my opinion, I need to know a little more...

What is his toxicity from? MMR shots, amalgam fillings???

What "kind" of doctor are you seeing? Has he performed this type of chelation before? How often? On what age range? What kind of success or failure rate does he have in this area? 

How is your son's health in general?

How high are his heavy metal levels?

Can he swallow a capsule? Is he able to drink "gross" liquids?

Rebekah
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 08:08:36 PM »
Is he able to drink "gross" liquids?

There you go with that "tech speak" again.  ;D
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 12:04:36 AM »
His toxicity is probably from vaccines.  We haven't gotten the test results back yet so I don't know the levels.  He is seeing a DAN practitioner who has worked with autism spectrum kids since 1990 (or around there!).  I think she has experiece with the chelation on these types of children since that time also.  But that is something I would DEFINENTLY ask, along with asking the success/failure rate.  He doesn't have any fillings.  They did a toxic metal blood test and sent us home to collect urine for the toxic metals urine test.  They gave us DMSA (is that right?)  to give him before the test.  It's supposed to bind the metals to it and then allow him to excrete them out in his urine so they can test it.  The oral chelation is done with something called EDTA or another one called ALA.  (Actually, I'll check that to make sure I got the letters right :o)  Anyway, what do you think?  Does spirulina actually get rid of metals?

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 12:07:24 AM »
Oh, also, his health in general is good.  We see a chiropractor often and he doesn't ever go to a regular doctor or take meds.  Although, he does have major yeast issues we are getting ready to treat.  That's another test we are waiting for  :-\

Offline CinCapri

• Adept
    • Knights and Maidens Gathering
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 07:14:00 PM »
My son has SID and they are testing him for toxic metals.  They will want to do chelation therapy if he has this problem.  Anyone have good or bad info on the topic?  I'm very confused and need some help!  I know what it is, just want to know if it is safe or not.  Thanks ;D

I have the perfect people for you to talk to. A set of parents who have successfully done and are doing chelation therapy. They are good friends of ours that live in California. They also use a DAN Dr. and have researched this extensively since their 4yo was diagnosed with autism.

If you are interested in talking to him email me and I'll give you their email address.

~Cinnamon
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 08:42:44 PM by CinCapri »

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 03:49:46 PM »
You should ask them if they've heard of Natural Cellular Defense.  I'm hearing great things about it and that it works better then the other chelating agents and it has less side effects.  We're going to check it out.  The success stories I've read are really great.  I've also heard it is cheaper.

Offline ByHisGrace

• Learning
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 11:49:29 PM »
Hello. My Noah is 4.  I am currently looking into all of DAN's alternative meds. for autism.  There are effective and less expensive ways to detox the body.  Vitamin C is one.  It aids in freeing the body from mercury.  The suggested dose for autism is 40 to 52 mg./lb./day. We haven't reached our goal, yet. I have introed the vit. slowly to see its full effect. We currently are using Lil Critters (GFCF) you can purchase at Wal-Mart.  I am looking into the Vit. C at Kirkmanlabs.com.  It is a bit cheaper and is a combo. of ascorbic acid and sodium ascorbate.  The 2 combined aren't as acidic.  Kirkman also has a multi-vit. that will not effect the other sensitivities that come with autism, as well.  Another alternative is the liquid clay bath which you can buy at a health/herb store.  Just a few drop in the bath will draw toxins.  Until you can make the purchace try epsom salt baths.  It works, too, but not as effective.  I am also looking into a children's cleanser to help free toxins in the liver. I once read that the beginning of healing is through the bowel.
Are you currently doing the GFCF diet? It has done wonders for my Noah.  He went from making no eye contact, slurred speech and a distasteful dispositoin to a pure delight with eyes of love.  Just last night he was sitting in my husbands lap, and for him sitting still is a biggy, and said, "Mama, I want a cup."  We were thrilled with his progress and he knew it. He replied, "Daddy, I talked to mama."  Before it would have been, "Cup. Juice. Now."  See the difference?  :)
Sorry for the lengthy responce.  I just want to be a help.  The Lord has shown us so much and I give him all the glory.  I encourage all you mothers to go on that "motherly instinct" God has  given us.  I can say God gave us the diagnoses and solution through prayer and research before any doc. could.  It is ByHisGrace we are where we are today. "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." James 1:5 KJV
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 11:58:40 PM by ByHisGrace »

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 02:24:55 AM »
We do GFCF.  Our oldest (also on the spectrum) has shown good improvements, but our middle guy hasn't changed much since the diet.  In fact, he just got ahold of some regular spaghetti noodles and I was expecting horrible results - but he was no worse than he normally is.  We also avoid corn, dyes, preservatives, nitrites and nitrates.  We are getting ready to start a yeast treatment, which I've heard can make a huge difference.  Maybe that's why he isn't responding to the diet very well, due to his major yeast problem.  Our DAN practitioner is very good.  I've thought about the epsom salt and clay baths, but want to see what his test results say first.  That way I'll at least know what I'm dealing with.  I'm definently going to look into Natural Cellular Defense b/c it sounds incredible!  And it's natural.  Our diagnosis was also an answer to prayer.  It would take me three pages to write all the amazing things the Lord has done since we started this journey!!  He is merciful, loving, and is continuously reminding us that He is still "steering this ship!" ;D  It sure is amazing to be in the middle of total stress, but feel priveleged to see God work the way He does.  It's very humbling ::)

Offline ByHisGrace

• Learning
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2006, 05:49:21 AM »
Yes. We did the yeast med. too.  Kirkman has an all natural yeast med./supp. for kids.  Does not contain sugar that most prescriptions do.  The sugar will work against the yeast control feeding the yeast.  My boy had grainy like stools and had a runny nose that left a white grainy substance as well.  Your boy may feel bad for a few days during detox. I beleive you will see improvement.  God bless.

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2007, 06:14:21 AM »
I just found an amazing website, guys, check this out!

http://www.clayforautism.com/
"Write your hurts in the sand
and grave your blessings in stone."

Offline SC

• Guru
  • Ephesians 5:2
    • Lexington Slim
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2007, 06:29:13 AM »
I just found an amazing website, guys, check this out!

http://www.clayforautism.com/
What a great site! I think I'll try this with bentonite clay that I have on hand. I trust the source I purchased from (BHS), so I'm not worried about its content.

Thanks for passing this information along.
I'm no doctor . . .             I'm not even a Post hole Digger! ;)
See what works for me at LexingtonSlim.com

Offline prairiechild

• Adept
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2007, 07:07:26 AM »
I too was looking for info on NCD (zeolite) as I heard some good things about it.
Then I found this thread about it. http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=503645&highlight=zeolite

If you go down to post #74, someone posted and said their clinic deals mostly with kids on the autistic spectrum and that zeolite seems to be helping about 15-20% of the kids and that their informal studies seemed to indicate that zeolite is not actually a chelator based on their studies on excretion. Very interesting and yes confusing.

FWIW, I hear zeolite is only sold as a MLM deal.

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 08:00:24 AM »
Hmmm, that is confusing.  Servantgirl uses NCD and has alot of success with it.  I'm wondering if I could do the clay baths AND the NCD and see how it goes.  Thanks for the site Dara!  ;D

abbilynn

Offline quicksilver

• Learning
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2007, 11:33:35 AM »
As a mommy with years of chelation experience with my heavy-metal poisoned son (dx of "autism"), I've come to trust the advice and the chelation protocol of Andy Cutler (www.noamalgam.com).  Yahoo has a group called Autism-Mercury and you will find help, support and advice there.  Never use IV chelation.  Chelation is a marathon, not a race and it may take some time to fully remove heavy metals.  However, you will know within one month if Cutler's protocol is benefitting your child due to improved behavior and attention span.  Having a hair test taken (very simple - explanation in Mercury-Autism files) will confirm which metals are a problem so you can remove the sources.  The hair test will also tell you if there is a mineral transport problem which most always indicates mercury poisoning. 

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2007, 11:59:15 AM »
Forgot to mention that the Clayforautism site also sells (relatively) cheap home tests!

Offline prairiechild

• Adept
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 03:44:12 PM »
I ran across a small study today about probiotics and autism.

http://www.autism-study.com/

Offline ByHisGrace

• Learning
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2007, 03:09:07 AM »
Dara, thanks for your input about the web site.  Have you read anything about chlorella? I am about to start some research.  Has anything been posted about chlorella? ???
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 03:12:26 AM by ByHisGrace »

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2007, 06:55:19 AM »
SC - where did you get your bentonite clay?  I checked the Bulk Herb Store and didn't see that they sold it.  Is it similar to the clay on the website Dara posted?

abbilynn

Offline mexmarr

• Master
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2007, 07:01:17 AM »
SC - where did you get your bentonite clay?  I checked the Bulk Herb Store and didn't see that they sold it.  Is it similar to the clay on the website Dara posted?

abbilynn

I'm not SC, but... here are a few quotes from the Bentonite clay thread.

I have been wanting to get bentonite clay.  A month or so ago, they had it at the Bulk Herb Store.  I just got on again, and it is not listed anymore.

Does anybody know where else I could get it? I wanted to get it from a trusted source.

http://www.herbalcom.com/store.php3?list=cats&alpha=yes&lett=a-dA-D&session=b34f9c438f54f51750ce62c237f5eb5a

1lb is 4.50

From herbalcom:
The herbs are free of pesticides and herbicides, and are not fumigated or irradiated. Lab tested, 100% pure. We also offer USDA Certified Organic herbs. Alternative medicine makers come to us for quality herbs.

eta: Shipping & handling is a flat 5.25 no matter how much you order. I have always been very pleased with herbalcom. I just got a box from them this morning! 

Hope this helps!

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2007, 07:09:53 AM »
Gotta really look for it...
http://www.bulkherbstore.com/BCP

Offline mexmarr

• Master
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2007, 07:13:51 AM »

I don't get it.  I searched for it just yesterday....  ??? It doesn't show up in the list of products, and it doesn;t show up in the search page.  It was there last months, though.  Did you just find the page that you posted, or is it one that you had opened previously?  I assumed that they used to carry it, and didn't anymore.  Now... I don;t know...

Offline mexmarr

• Master
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2007, 07:36:45 AM »

I don't get it.  I searched for it just yesterday....  ??? It doesn't show up in the list of products, and it doesn;t show up in the search page.  It was there last months, though.  Did you just find the page that you posted, or is it one that you had opened previously?  I assumed that they used to carry it, and didn't anymore.  Now... I don;t know...

"Bentonite Clay Powder" does not exist on the BulkHerbStore site, according to the search bar.  I just tried to find it.  However, when I open the page that you linked, I can add it to my shopping cart!  I am hoping that I can actually get it!

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2007, 07:54:26 AM »
The word Bentonite is highlighted in the Did You Know section. I just clicked on it. My friend said she just got some from there, so I'm pretty sure they still have it.
http://www.bulkherbstore.com/products

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2007, 10:34:12 AM »
So have any of you tried the zeolites?and if you have would you post the original condition and any improvements noted..Please!  I was planning on trying the liquid zeolites for mercury chelation but it has never made it into the budget ...yet. ::) I know there is debate on whether it actually works and how... but there are sooo many success stories. Just wish I could find out how many of the people that came improvement are distributors  :-\.

I had a hair analysis done as part of a pck. deal and am wondering where the cheapest place is to get one done on my own. Any comments? other than comparing hair analysis (es) how can I find out what my current mercury levels are?

Offline prairiechild

• Adept
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2007, 10:50:21 AM »
Here is a cheap place to bentonite clay if you buy in bulk. I bought a small amount from them and was very pleased with it.

Mountain Rose Herbs

If you read about zeolite, it sounds like the mechanism of action is very much like bentonite clay.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 02:03:56 PM by healthybratt »