Author Topic: Cleansing [ Detoxing ] While Breastfeeding [ Nursing ]  (Read 73541 times)

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
Re: Cleansing [ Detoxing ] While Breastfeeding [ Nursing ]
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2010, 05:29:34 AM »
hi all, i just talked to the gal at the BHS about Detox + while nursing. she said the clay/charcoal will not absorb all the toxins and the excess will get dumped into the breastmilk.  it sounded to me from what she said, that it would not be a good idea to do the Detox + while nursing.

anyway, i just thought i'd let everyone know what she said.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 09:08:30 AM by 4myhoonie »
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline bboytim

• Learning
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2010, 06:58:18 PM »
Funny I find this again! I wrote a while back when baby was 3 months old and I was having some major liver issues. Baby will be 1 year old now on the 23rd and he is still nursing! Thank the Lord - he is the first baby in the last 4 that I have gotten to a year. Well, now I am a good 60+ pounds overweight and still have that liver issue. I know I should "not worry" about the extra weight right now - but the reality of it is I could very well get preg. again at this weight (over 200 right now). I HAVE to get this weight off, not just for vainity - but it is a real health issue - not to mention the liver issues are still there. I purchased the Dr Schulze 30 day cleanse and am looking very hard at starting it soon... I dont want to wean the baby right now - I really enjoy nursing him.. but I keep putting on the weight. I know Dr. Schulze replied to a lady recently about calories in vs calories out and that if you were truly taking in 1000 calories a day and working out hard for at least an hour a day you WILL lose weight (and that if you claimed you were doing those things and not losing weight you were a liar) - but I have been working out with a trainer now for 6 weeks and working out at home and eating a high raw diet (until the trainer told me to eat lots of protein - which I am not enjoying) and still not losing a bit - gaining in fact....
I just dont know what else to do and I am getting desperate. I just want to be better and right now, even though I am still breastfeeding - I am not being a good mommy to my 5 children. I am always tired, grumpy, and they always hear "mommy does not feel good today".

Has anyone personally done the Schulze cleanse while nursing? His comment is "the body is designed correctly - we have certain avenues of elimination and the breast is not one of them" - while I can see that maybe the breast will not dump toxins - I do know that the herbs themselves will go into the breastmilk and wonder if that will start baby detoxing.. he has problems anytime I eat bread or things with yeast - he gets a bad diaper rash. Just one sandwich with gluten containing bread and he is a mess.

Thanks for any thoughts or anyone that has done the cleanse themselves.. I want to be myself again!

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2010, 05:50:51 AM »
are you talking about the liver detox or the incurables? 

i would like to think that dr. Schulze is right, but there is so much conflicting info everywhere.  on this thread one mom said her baby was definitely affected by cleansing while nursing.  i really can't tell myself if it's an offensive food, or if he is cleaning something out of his system too.  i did 2 doses (6 pills each) of the #2 bowel (charcoal with herbs) and he had a big stinky poop.  also, i did primal defense powder with my 4th baby, and i remember her pooping a lot while i was taking it and nursing her.  she was 9 mo. 

honestly if you are that bad off, i would just wean now, get your liver fixed up & begin to lose weight.  it seems to me you should be very careful not to get pregnant til you get yourself straightened out.  (speaking from experience, i'm planning to wean at 12 mo because i am that bad off, he is my last baby)

how do you know that it is your liver?  what are your symptoms?  probiotics would probably be helpful to your baby if bothered by carb foods.  i use these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NE9CT8/ref=s9_simh_gw_p121_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0K9PMQQDQ11VG6ZHQRCP&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

was instructed by the dr. to use 1/2 to 1 capsule per day.  i dump a little on a plate, wet my pinky and feed it to him til it's gone.  it has made this baby so enjoyable.  a total answer to prayer.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline bboytim

• Learning
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2010, 09:41:18 AM »
I have the 30 day detox - not as much as the incurable, but it is a full body cleanse including the liver.
I have a hunch he is right about toxins being dumped, but I do think that baby gets the herbs and it probably starts cleaning them out too - just thinking on it, they have been "eating" all the junk we have, so it makes sense that their system would start cleaning out also...
Awhile back I watched this about toxins in breastmilk[url][http://renegadehealth.com/blog/2009/10/01/is-it-safe-to-switch-to-raw-foods-while-breastfeeding//url]

I have had my liver enzymes tested and was told (by a very naturally minded MD - he recommended the schulze cleanse) that I have the liver of a 60 year old (and a 60 year old that has a very bad liver). He told me that I HAVE to get my liver operating normally again before I get preg. as that could be very bad for me and baby - my liver may just not handle it again.

I did start the formula #1 last night and plan on doing that for a week first  before I move to #2

Thanks for your help! The baby eats lots of things with good probiotics - he likes fermented veggies :)

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2010, 04:39:50 AM »
thanks for the link!  yikes! i hope you get your liver straightened out soon!  keep us posted on your results!

Offline bboytim

• Learning
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2010, 04:36:58 AM »
On day 4 of the colon cleanse and really up in the air over doing the liver cleanse... since I am eating and juicing with the colon cleanse I was not too worried, but the liver cleanse has 3 days of juice fasting and I worry about a concentrated amount of herbs going to baby... he is still nursing between 2-3 times a day....

Offline k30

• Wide Eyed
Taking Pau d arco while breastfeeding
« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2012, 02:27:29 PM »
I was wondering if it is ok to take Pau d arco herb while breastfeeding.  I recently was diagnosed with mastitis and I am now taking antibiotics.  I really don't want to get a yeast infection or the baby to get thrush.  I have started taking probiotics and putting a little probiotic powder in a milk bottle for baby.  Pau d arco is supposed to be a good herb at reducing yeast in the system right?  Every site I go to it says not to take this herb while breastfeeding, but fails to tell why.  Does anyone have some advice on the matter?

Offline MyTwoCents

• Learning
« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2012, 04:33:44 PM »
I'm not sure about Pau d arco, but I was just gonna say that I've always had mastitis with each child (5) but only the last one that I used Activated Charcoal Powder, I just drank a few cups of the gray water throughout the day and it did the trick each time. With the other children I had to go on antibiotics and yes the children would get thrush :( Not this one and no need to get sick! Just drink a cup or two at the first sign of infection and it goes away. For me it did anyway! HTH

Offline ladyhen

• Master
Re: Taking Pau d arco while breastfeeding
« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2012, 06:09:39 AM »
I was wondering if it is ok to take Pau d arco herb while breastfeeding.  I recently was diagnosed with mastitis and I am now taking antibiotics.  I really don't want to get a yeast infection or the baby to get thrush.  I have started taking probiotics and putting a little probiotic powder in a milk bottle for baby.  Pau d arco is supposed to be a good herb at reducing yeast in the system right?  Every site I go to it says not to take this herb while breastfeeding, but fails to tell why.  Does anyone have some advice on the matter?

HERE is some information on the herb at a site called herbs2000.  There are cautions listed here about components in pau d arco causing bleeding, nausea, and vomiting.   That would explain why it is cautioned against using while pregnant/breastfeeding.
I would think about taking something else if it were me.
Have you tried garlic?  Fresh garlic, eaten several times throughout the day, is extremely effective for fighting yeast.  And, like the previous post said, charcoal is wonderful for treating the infection.
Many women, too, find that carefully monitoring their diet and activity level while nursing can prevent mastitis. 
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13