Author Topic: Where to Buy [Purchase] the Best [Cheapest] Essential Oils  (Read 21236 times)

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
Re: Where to Buy [Purchase] the Best [Cheapest] Essential Oils
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2010, 09:34:09 AM »
SweetEden, I would recommend networking with other soapers if you are using amounts for crafting.
Unfortunately the group I used to coop with has experienced some.... ::) "upheaval" and I can no longer recommend them. Currently my source wishes to be a private coop, if that changes I'll be glad to announce it.

I know that they were not  the only group out there to do coops, so you might explore a bit to find one to join. In a coop you pay wholesale price per lb, plus bottle fees. Some charge a hostess fee to cover the work of rebottling, and others just throw it in as a bonus. I'd average the savings at 30% discount per lb of EO on the cheapest online sources. 

Offline SweetEden

• Learning
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2010, 03:55:12 AM »
SweetEden, I would recommend networking with other soapers if you are using amounts for crafting.
Unfortunately the group I used to coop with has experienced some.... ::) "upheaval" and I can no longer recommend them. Currently my source wishes to be a private coop, if that changes I'll be glad to announce it.

I know that they were not  the only group out there to do coops, so you might explore a bit to find one to join. In a coop you pay wholesale price per lb, plus bottle fees. Some charge a hostess fee to cover the work of rebottling, and others just throw it in as a bonus. I'd average the savings at 30% discount per lb of EO on the cheapest online sources. 

Wow, a Coop sounds like it would be awesome! I think I'll try papanature for now. If anyone hears of a soaper network looking for another good person please let me know. I have not had luck finding a coop around me. Thanks again!

Offline smileyface

• Adept
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2010, 06:56:35 PM »

I'm a member of a yahoo co-op group. We mostly do fabric, but we also do essential oils quite often. And we just finished up a Mountain Rose Herbs and a seed co-op. There is an essential oil co-op open right now, I think it closes in a few days. Kelly is the one that runs it, and she does an awesome job. I've been getting things through her for a couple years now, so I totally recommend her. :) And the essential oil prices are amazing! Here's the link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BuyTheYard-N-More2/
~Andrea
Wife to a wonderful Mr. Command, and mommy to 5 sweet little ones!

Visit http://hyenacart.com/SunnyDayBabies/ where I sell cloth diapers and more!
WTM members recieve 10% off with the code WTM0409!

Offline SweetEden

• Learning
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2010, 04:13:40 AM »
Andrea, thanks so much for this post! I joined and look forward to being a part of the group!!!!! ;)
Thanks so much!
Inga

Offline ERP

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2013, 11:04:21 AM »
Our family loves our doTERRA essential oils.  We'd used some from Whole Foods for years, and we can definitely tell a difference in brands.  I also love that we can take most of doTERRA's oils internally if we chose which tells me that the purity is exceptional (as opposed to all the brands at Whole Foods that say "do not ingest"!)
We're learning so much about EOs that I decided to blog our experiences at:  www.rediscoveringessentialoils.blogspot.com