Author Topic: Problems with Astigmatism: Contacts vs. Eyeglasses  (Read 26465 times)

Offline adamslove

• Learning
Re: Problems with Astigmatism: Contacts vs. Eyeglasses
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2008, 08:24:57 AM »
I wear gas permeable lenses (have for years), am a -8 in one eye and a -8.5 in the other, with an astigmatism in the left.  Okay, so I've got eye problems!  :o)  But I can live with bad eyesight.  The thing I'd like to change is how red my eyes get with my contacts.  I tried soft/toric lenses for a while and the redness went away, but they are more expensive in the long run, so I had to ditch the vanity for frugality's sake.  Now that I'm back in gperms again, the redness is back in full force.  I hate to be tied to applying eye drops constantly (that's how often I'd have to), so I was wondering if this is a deficiency of some sort, or if I could supplement with something to get rid of the red.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Offline K.Sarah

• Adept
Re: Problems with Astigmatism: Contacts vs. Eyeglasses
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2008, 10:30:52 AM »
Just had to top all you people on bad contact numbers -- I have -9 in one eye and -8.5 in the other!  Nobody ever carries samples of my contacts in the office -- have to order them.
Happily married to my kind of guy, mama to 4 great  kiddos here and one little beauty with our Father.