Author Topic: Constipation  (Read 2020 times)

Offline juanitamwilliams

• Learning
Constipation
« on: November 10, 2013, 07:00:37 AM »
Hello everyone!  My husband broke his back and is home recovering. He is on narcotics for pain and is hasn't had a bm in a week. I'd love some help with herbs to help him heal, reduce his pain, and help him poop!  Any help is greatly appreciated!  Thanks.

Offline Lady of the Wood

• Learning
Re: Constipation
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 10:25:28 AM »
I don't know much about herbs, but I do know this; prunes and prune juice daily will get rid of constipation. I assume to find out the dosage you would just experiment with the amounts to find out how much he would need, because it's not an herb, so it wouldn't hurt you if you overdosed. (it would just make you go to the bathroom more often) ;)

-Lady
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

Joshua 1:9

Offline goatgirl

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 04:23:01 PM »
aloe vera juice,vitamin c in high doses, but you would want to start out slowly to prevent stomach cramping, lots of water, diatomacious earth, chlorella, and after his bowels get moving he could do psyllium husk but he would have to drink sufficient amounts of water also.

Offline Sewbusy

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 04:18:09 PM »
Magnesium is essential and often overlooked. I had problems with constipation until I started taking this.

This article http://articles.beeyoutiful.com/2010/11/19/a-magnificent-solution-for-colon-health-fall-2010-catalog/  Gives the run down and hows and whys