Author Topic: Cod Liver Oil Is Yucky  (Read 3058 times)

Offline floridapets

• Wide Eyed
Cod Liver Oil Is Yucky
« on: October 05, 2014, 03:50:23 PM »
   My family is now taking a teaspoon of cod liver oil during breakfast. No big deal, except I notice a fishy/metallic flavor on my tongue for the rest of the day.   I commented about my tongue during dinner and our daughter agreed.
   Our CLO is orange "flavor" and smells very orangey.  However, it tastes like CLO.  Does anyone know what we can do/drink/eat to get the "taste" off of our tongue?  Or, is there a preferred brand?  We need to continue this supplement and I would like it to be a better experience for our family. 

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Cod Liver Oil Is Yucky
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 03:17:49 AM »
I would try a different brand, flavor or gelcaps.  Or maybe follow up with something acidic (lemon, vinegar, coffee, etc.).
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline steadygirl

• Adept
    • My church home page
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 03:51:46 PM »
Try taking it at night and see if that helps.

Offline Redheadedmama

• Learning
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 02:53:07 PM »
What is the best brand to take?

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 03:11:18 AM »
What is the best brand to take?

http://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/cod-liver-oil-basics-and-recommendations/#brands

This is where I took my recommendations from.  I've tried Carlson, NOW and Swanson.  I like NOW the best.  Swanson a close second.  Carlson is ok but costs more and doesn't seem to work as well in the gelcaps.  The liquid might be different, but I've never tried it.

A good friend of mine has tried the fermented stuff, both for herself and her kids and she recommends against it.  Too costly and doesn't seem to do any better, might even be worse than your regular cod liver oil.

I take 4 of the NOW gelcaps daily and I double this if I am suffering from sort of injury (torn ligament, twisted ankle, etc..)
  My favorite herb book!!