Author Topic: Aloe Leaf Drink  (Read 4336 times)

Offline mishy

• Master
Aloe Leaf Drink
« on: October 05, 2006, 07:35:24 PM »
I have been reading a lot of recommendations on here for drinking Aloe.  So at the store today I found the some.  It has fructose in it.  In the cans there were sugar.  What ingredients does yours have in it?  I remember Gabe saying to "find a high quality aloe" drink.  How do I know it is high quality?  I did buy the one with fructose and the kids and I like it.  Just wondered about the sugar.....  Thanks!

Offline Kati*did

• Master
Re: Aloe Leaf Drink
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 02:35:52 AM »
Nature's Way has one that is pure and organic, and no sweetner.  Since I can't have sugar, I had to find something without fructose or other sweetners.  I was looking into aloe vera juice, too -- and a little bit confused.  I came across this article.  It's long, but it tells you what you're looking for when shopping for an aloe juice. 

http://www.positivehealth.com/permit/Articles/Aloe%20Vera/plask20.htm
"...plain Kate, and bonny Kate, and sometimes Kate the curst..."

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 02:42:27 AM »
We were buying Fruit of the Earth in the gallon jugs and it was aloe juice and ascorbic acid.  But I found some Lily of the Desert on a good sale, at our local health food store, and it is aloe with pulp and it is mixed with other fruit purees.  It tastes a lot more refreshing mixed with other juices.  But if you can stomach pure aloe juice(kinda tastes like an "off" lemonade), then go for the big jugs.

Offline mishy

• Master
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 10:00:25 PM »
I was wondering what it tasted like without sweetning.  I have gotten a taste in some of my many uses with aloe and BLLLLLLLLECH!  :) 
Thanks for the info! 

Offline natural

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 09:14:20 AM »
There are two that i have heard of and one my mom sells through Market America..that is a really good one --it is WHOLE LEAF and very yummy tasting Strawberry and Kiwi is the best..not sure how much sugar i would guess little to none. This stuff is spendy--I think her cost is like $18.00 per 32 oz :-[

My health food store sells it for 9.95/32 oz  it is whole leaf she (healthfood lady) said it doesn't taste good at all but it is whole leaf and potent.

Just encourage you to look for the stuff that says "whole leaf". It is easy to find cheap versions that taste good but don;t do the job and may even contain chemicals, etc.
and other bad effects.
4 yo Maciah: Mamma I am scared the wind is howling.
Me: Go to sleep Jesus will protect you.
4 yo Maciah: (stretching his chin to chest) But, but I can't see Jesus my head can't reach into my heart.

Offline mishy

• Master
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 01:59:24 PM »
So.....has anyone tried to MAKE their own aloe leaf drink?  THe only stuff at the store here has sugar or fructose.  But I have a aloe plant and a food processor.  So what do you think?  Blend it up and chug chug??   :D

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 03:14:37 PM »
Yeah, I made some off of the recipe on the NGJ herbal section on their website.  It didn't taste anywhere near even good.  Hubby can take just about anything without gagging, but he threw this up real fast and said:  "Gosh, it tastes like snot"!  :P So, let me know what yours taste like.

Offline mishy

• Master
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 07:29:08 PM »
Ok, I just went and read the ngj, but what about the leaf part?  Natural, you said make sure to get the whole leaf one, so should I include the whole leaf in my brew?? 

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 04:30:17 AM »
Sorry if someone already asked this but I can't find it.  How much aloe vera juice can you give kids?  I have a 2yr old, 4yrold, and 7yrold and I want to give them (mostly the older two but little guy too) aloe vera to treat yeast.  So, how much can they have per day?  Thanks  ;D
Wife for 11 years, Mommy to 3 rambunctious boys!!  :)  Lover of Jesus, my hubby, my kids, and learning!
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://glutenfreegoose.blogspot.com/

Offline Melie

• Master
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 06:37:27 AM »
The brand recommended to me was Gift of Nature/ Aloe Life.  It is Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Concentrate. It is cold pressed and organic.  I first bought the unflavored one because I thought that it would be cost-effective, no wasted space on flavoring.  I drank it all but it was awful.  Tasted like rotten tomatoes!  YUCK!  I now have the cherry berry flavor and it is much better.  Almost, sort of, good.  It has natural cherry and cranberry juices in it.  There was a free and very informative booklet that I picked up before I bought it.  I can't find it but it did have info on uses, children's dosing, what to look for in Aloe Juice and other informative info.  I bet you could find the same info on their web page  www.aloelife.com

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 08:54:36 AM »
hhmom - Thanks for the link!  I'm going to see if our local HFS carries that stuff, if not, I'll just order it online.   ;D
Wife for 11 years, Mommy to 3 rambunctious boys!!  :)  Lover of Jesus, my hubby, my kids, and learning!

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 09:50:39 AM »
Just wondering, is it okay to give aloe vera juice at the same time I give the kids GSE?  Will they interfere with each other?

Thanks  :)