Natural Health > Training & Development

Toddler doesn't show any affection

(1/1)

Soffi:
Hi

My daughter is just coming up to 15 months old. She doesn't show affection and she will not allow me to hug or snuggle her or to shower affection on her. She likes to be played with rather than entertaining herself and she likes 1:1 attention..... but when I try to hug her, even when she has fallen and bumped her head or is upset over something, she puts her little hands on my head and pushes me away. Is this unaffectionate demeanor normal?? I try to cuddle her during her 2 bottle feedings/day and otherwise give her (attempt to give her) lots of hugs and kisses throughout the day but it is never, ever returned. She is very strong willed, determined, go-to-girl type personality but does that account for this behaviour? Will she grow out of it? DH and i are very mellow and super affectionate type people so don't know where she gets it from!  :o

Soffi

IowaDove:
Well I have few questions first....has she always been like this or has it been more recently? Does she make eye contact with you? Is she communicative? Is she smiley? Does she ever reach for you? Do you tend to meet all her needs before she can ask for anything? If she's strong willed then you have to watch out for becoming her servant-she needs to need you and be thankful, not control you. It could be a controlling thing or it could be something deeper (like food allergies) which is why I'm asking so many questions...maybe someone else would have some other thoughts/advice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version