Author Topic: Activated Charcoal Doses  (Read 1942 times)

Offline James

• Wide Eyed
Activated Charcoal Doses
« on: April 26, 2013, 05:47:49 AM »
Hello, I'm new to the site and hoping I'm posting this question in the right area.

I'm wondering is 2 tablespoons a day of activated charcoal is too much. I've read that it can be taken in that amount spread throughout the day but, unfortunately,  I take prescription pills and it would interfere with the way those worked if I drank the AC too soon or too after taking the prescribed meds.  However, I am very interested in the benefits AC seems to have on the body.

So, is 2 tablespoons in one sitting per day dangerous? And can I still get the benefits from it?

Thanks for your time!   :)

Offline Libbyleigh

• Learning
Re: Activated Charcoal Doses
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 01:09:15 PM »
Personally, I only take AC when I have a stomach ache, and I take about a tablespoon in a glass of water.
You need to wait at least two hours after taking prescription medication, to take the charcoal. However, the length of time that the prescription stays in the blood stream, depends on the prescription, so I would talk to your pharmacist about that.
I don't believe that 2 tablespoons would be dangerous. If that is how much it takes to help you feel better, then that is probably a good dosage, however, I would start at 1 tablespoon, and see how that work first. Unless part of a cleansing program, I wouldn't take it every day, since it could do more harm then good by absorbing the nutrients from your food, along with the bad stuff.
If you are interested in a cleanse, my dad has had wonderful results from the Detox+ cleanse from the Bulk Herb Store, it has AC included in its ingredients, along with some other herbs to help clear the toxins out of your colon, after the AC has absorbed it.
I hope that answers your question!