Author Topic: panic attack prevents milk let down-- help!!  (Read 2848 times)

Offline jrd922

• Learning
panic attack prevents milk let down-- help!!
« on: March 21, 2013, 02:01:06 PM »
I really don't want to address this issue as I'm trying to defeat  the devil and don't want to give him any space in my life, but I'm just hoping someone in welltellme land can give me some hope and encouragement:) I'm facing a unique battle that with all my 9 babies before never experienced. With no. 10 baby, little Jubilee Faith, I suffered much depression , baby blues and nervousness. Now at 6 mo. old thank God I can say we've come a long way!! But to my shame, I hate to admit it, but I let fear of milk letdown overtake me a lot of times. Now, praise God during the day, the battle is won, but at night most times its still very real. When baby stirs, and I waken, my body goes into panic mode, sweats, and doubtful thoughts of milk letdown want to control me. I repeat Bible verses, pray, read, anything to get my mind off myself and when no milk comes after waiting and waiting and waiting, I resort to a bottle, which she takes very well. But I want to overcome and nurse peacefully - yet I want to be submissive to God's will-- its just so hard -- I tend to condemn myself for all this trouble and have cried many tears:(  My dh tries to help as much as he can. I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced any such thing??

Thanks and God bless you

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
Re: panic attack prevents milk let down-- help!!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 12:58:38 PM »
I would suggest you research adrenal fatigue and methods of overcoming it here on the forum or other places. Your case sounds like a classic case of physical issues causing mental and emotional upset. I have certainly been in similar shape and it's a tough spot.

Adrenal Fatigue: A 21st Century Stress Syndrome is a book with some helpful explanations and to-do lists for recovery.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: panic attack prevents milk let down-- help!!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 04:04:00 AM »
Magnesium deficiency might be something else to look into.
  My favorite herb book!!