Author Topic: How long can I take vitex  (Read 1865 times)

Offline bakermom

• Adept
How long can I take vitex
« on: February 01, 2013, 09:06:03 AM »
I took vitex two different times the last few years for about 9 months each time.  That makes 18 months total but they were in two different years.  I had gotten pregnant and stopped it and then later after a miscarriage took it to stop the spotting I was having.  I have not taken it for 9 months now. 
I would like to go back on it again due to pms and mood swings.  Is there a problem with that?  The internet only says to use it for up to 18 mo.  It doesn't say whether you can take it for multiple sections of life. Any thoughts on that?  Today is day 6 and the day I should start if I am going to this cycle. 
OH, also, I am 47 if that makes any difference at all. 

Offline ladyhen

• Master
Re: How long can I take vitex
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 10:19:20 AM »
I took vitex for many years at my health care provider's recommendation for heavy flow and for premenopause & during menopause without any problems.  It certainly helped a lot!

The information HERE advises taking it for a period of 12 - 18 months in cases of infertility or lack of cycles, but I don't see any warning about limiting it for other uses.  And there are no side effects listed for it.   Note that it usually takes a few months of regular use before you will see benefits of taking vitex.
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13