Author Topic: Anyone take Jessie Hawkins herb classes?  (Read 5550 times)

Offline eatyourveggies

• Learning
Anyone take Jessie Hawkins herb classes?
« on: February 01, 2009, 07:38:34 PM »
Firstly I apologize if this question has already been answered here. Since the search box has been temporarily disabled I don't have time to sit for hours skimming hundreds of posts.

I was curious if anyone here has taken her Family Herbalist or Master Herbalist program? If so what did you like, or not, like about it? Useful? Worth the $$?  We don't have alot of money to be tossing around so I need to investigate before I make decisions.

Thank you so much! : )

Offline lewisquiverfull

• Adept
Re: Anyone take Jessie Hawkins herb classes?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 11:38:16 AM »
I am currently taking the Family Herbalist class. I have 8 more chapters to finish. I love it. I would definitely recommend this class to anyone wanting to get some information in this field. If you want more info you can pm me.
It has actually saved me money, if we have an illness, I know how to fix it here, instead of using the dr.  yippee!!

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 01:24:07 PM »
Here's the thread on herbal classes. Likely HB will merge this thread into that one.

Herbal Education & Training Courses [Classes]

Offline eatyourveggies

• Learning
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 08:20:49 PM »
I am currently taking the Family Herbalist class. I have 8 more chapters to finish. I love it. I would definitely recommend this class to anyone wanting to get some information in this field. If you want more info you can pm me.
It has actually saved me money, if we have an illness, I know how to fix it here, instead of using the dr.  yippee!!

Hi! I'd love to ask some questions but I'm,assuming since I'm a newbie, not allowed to PM currently.
Can I email you offsite?

Thanks!

Offline savedbygrace

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 08:43:54 PM »
Would someone mind putting a link to her website? I cant find it! I would love to check it out...Never Mind! I found it... ::)   HERE it is in case anyone else is interested.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 08:58:08 PM by savedbygrace »

Offline lewisquiverfull

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 05:02:17 AM »
I have been taking the class for 7-8 months, I hope to have completed it in one year. I would love to take the master herbalist, but I'm not sure if we'll have the money, dh had a job change, and we're pretty tight on funds.
Anyway, here is the basic info: http://www.vintageremedies.com/vr/index.php/family-herbalist
Here is the list of chapter:
http://www.vintageremedies.com/vr/index.php/family-herbalist-outline

The class is very well laid out, easy to understand and learn.

Offline eatyourveggies

• Learning
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 06:02:30 PM »
LQF,

Thanks for the links. I've gone through Jessies website and read everything. Will PM you.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 06:34:10 PM by eatyourveggies »

Offline amymci

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 04:27:34 AM »
I am taking the Natural Wellness introductory course to get my feet wet, but also have the Family Herbal course ordered so I can move into that one after I am completed with this other. I will say, it is slow going for me...trying to get back into the swing of test taking, study habits, etc. Aside from that, the materials are VERY informative  :) I plan to post more about things as I move along further with stuff.

BTW, I am a newbie on this list.

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 11:58:29 AM »
I am enrolled in the family herbalist course.  I had actually started researching alternative health back in 2005 and learned a lot on welltellme.  That said, I am finding that through the research I had done and reading here I know a large percentage of what they are teaching in the family herbalist course.  I have really only reinforced what I already knew.  I am struggling at keeping going because I want to learn new stuff.  I almost wish I had gone with dr. Christopher's course except I wasn't sure I could do that on my own time schedule which is really important to me.    Hope that helps a little.
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline angeljoy

• Learning
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 05:51:45 AM »
I am so grateful to get some feedback on Jessie's classes! I am anxious to at least start with Family Herbalist, as I want to focus my learning and I feel I'm "all over the place" right now.
Also, I would like to make sure that Jessie comes from a Christian world view. It's rather scary seeing some of the spiritualism that people attach along with herbalism!

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 12:03:59 PM »
Angeljoy.......you can r st easy that Jessie comes from a Christian world view.  I have not seen any weird stuff at all.  The one thing I really appreciate is that she doesn't .push. her ideas as the only way.  She presents facts and research.  It is actually a good course.
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side