Author Topic: Help for pregnant gallbladder sufferers  (Read 2391 times)

Offline abtowell

• Wide Eyed
Help for pregnant gallbladder sufferers
« on: December 29, 2012, 06:47:31 PM »
I wanted to share something I learned. I searched and searched for what to do while pregnant with my last child as I was having frequent gallbladder attacks, along with diarrhea and vomiting. I was miserable but everything I read was anti cleanse for pregnant people. I did end up at 16 weeks, doing an apple juice/ olive oil cleanse for 3 days I did expel quite a bit of stones but still had indigestion and a lot of discomfort if I ate anything that wasn't a vegetable. Another mom told me to take D- Limonene pills. I still take them to this day. I have only had one attack in 2 years ad I am pregnant again. I do avoid excessive cholesterol and fried things, like onion rings, or french fries, but otherwise I remain unscathed. I would like to do a colon cleanse at some point and another gallbladder cleanse but my nursing and pregnancy has interfered. So until then I thought I would post this to help other moms in the same situation. I have had gallstones since baby #6 although Ii didn't get a diagnosis til #7 and I am 31 weeks with baby# 8 so this is a long term solution if you can't try the alternatives. I really hope this helps someone, I know I wish I had found it sooner.
USAF wife and homeschooling mom to 7, part time dairy goat farmer