Author Topic: Internal Vaginal Itching, no odor or discharge  (Read 42043 times)

Offline larissakissa

• Adept
Internal Vaginal Itching, no odor or discharge
« on: December 08, 2012, 09:56:32 AM »
Hello ladies, I need your help.   Last week (on Sunday) I started to get what I thought was a yeast infection.   I bought a Monistat One and used that with no help for 2 days, so I used another dose.  The next day after the 2nd dose I inserted a clove of garlic during the day and one more at night. The whole time I was taking probiotics and cranberry pills (to avoid a UTI).  After the garlic I inserted a probiotic capsule but half a day later it came out undissolved, so I mixed a couple of capsules with water and used that like a douche.   The whole time it seemed like my symptoms (itching inside (when I pee it starts to itch a bit more) and a bit burning) won't go away. I called the Dr yesterday and she proscribed a one dose Diflucan, which I took. (my husband tells me do whatever it takes to get rid of it).  It seems to relieve the symptoms of the itching and I was happy but at night I woke up from needing to pee quite often.  I thought I am getting a UTI so I took a whole bunch of cranberry pills and went to bed.  In the morning the "I gotta pee every 5 mins" feeling is gone, but the itching is not.  I really don't know what else to do.  I sat in a bathtub filled with water and 1 cup of  Apple Cider Vinegar.  Not sure if it helped.   
I really don't know what else to do.  I'm not even sure if it's a yeast infection.  Could it be something else? What else can I try?  Sigh, I'm at a loss.  I haven't had a yeast infection for years before this one. :(

OH, forgot to add that after the 2nd clove of garlic I had a bit of pink when I wiped and the clove of garlic was also a bit pinkish.  Could I have done some damage to the inside, like maybe the garlic "ate away" some skin making it bleed? 

Offline DearlyLoved1

• Wide Eyed
Re: Internal Vaginal Itching, no odor or discharge
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 10:23:26 AM »
I am actually having similar problems, and would love some advice! I have been experiencing external vaginal itching and burning that is not getting any better, and just today noticed a white discharge as well. I've done some research and it appears to be a yeast infection, but I'm not sure of the best way to treat it naturally. Any help/advice would be appreciated!

@larissakissa - I'm sorry I can't offer any help since I've got the same questions! It's definitely no fun. :( Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for both of us.

Offline larissakissa

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 12:05:56 PM »
I hope so too!  :-\  Anyone???

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 09:04:33 PM »
It IS possible this is a UTI instead of a yeast infection.  Because the areas are so close together you can get bacterial spread into the vaginal region.  The BEST UTI treatment is d-mannose powder.  It is the same ingredient in cranberry capsules but MUCH stronger as it's more concentrated.  I use 1 tsp in applesauce 3x's a day for 3 days and then 1 tsp per day for 4 more days.  It only takes one or two doses to really feel better but my experience has been it's best to keep using it (almost like an antibiotic) for a few days to make sure it's gone.  Try this and see if it helps.  Otherwise you can try organic plain yogurt externally for the itch or when I'm desperate (and it's only external) I will use nystatin cream.   But this really sounds like you need mannose.
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 12:02:41 AM »
I agree, it could be a UTI & using the D-Mannose powder Mykidsmom recommends would probably be a good idea & wouldn't hurt you.

Another possibility is that yeast/fungus can cause water retention & the Diflucan by killing off yeast/fungus caused you to get rid of water retention. I have serious problems with yeast & have major problems with water retention. ANYTIME I start taking antifungals (anti yeast) again after not taking them for a while I know I will lose water weight. Time after time I have eaten LOTS of roasted garlic w/dinner (like half a bulb- gives me heartburn for a while but SOOOO.... good) & I spend half the night peeing- even when I don't think I'm retaining water. Here is a thread that explains a lot about it:

Ankle Pain and Swelling: I need help.

Pesonally, I would treat for both UTI & yeast/fungus at the same time in this case.

Here are some threads to learn more about yeast/fungus & the UTI thread:

UTI: Urinary Tract/Kidney/Bladder Infections

Leaky Gut:  The Cause of it All?
I Think I Have Candida and/or Leaky Gut:  What Now?
Candida / Yeast: Symptoms & Cures
Candida Cleanse Without Supplements
Foods to Eat While Fighting Candida
Natural Antifungals
Die-Off from Candida/Yeast: Causes, Effects, Risks & Reduction

HTH Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline larissakissa

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 06:34:03 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I'll check out the links you provided. I wanted to update.....went to the dr and after she checked me and did a culture test she said everything looks pretty normal and the test came back neg for yeast infection, so if I did have a yeast infection before the Diflucan/yeast cream killed it.  She said it's probably just irritation now that is causing the inside (way up there) itching.  Basically told me to give it a couple of more days with no sex and not to use any kind of creams, baths with baking soda, etc.
It's good that there is no infection but that doesn't help me with itching.  Sometimes it drives me crazy.   I noticed yesterday afternoon that I didn't have any symptoms and last night I thought it went away but after sex ( my husband kept asking me since he waited already ) I noticed the "itch" came back and been there the whole day.  (oh, and it was "itching" the whole time during intercourse)  (sorry for being so "open" :)  It seems like if I have sex it will come back, so what now, no sex???   I don't think that's gonna happen. LOL.
My dr said that baking soda baths will irritate it even more but I'm not so sure it's true.   I always thought they help to cure yeast infections  and restore the ph balance?  Am I wrong?  Do you think I should keep taking baking soda baths or try something else?  I really need to find a "cure" for this.  It's so frustrating!!!
Thanks for your help. :)

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 04:31:12 AM »
Try getting some homeopathic sulfur from the HFS in a 30X.  If they don't have that, a 30C will work as well.  If you get a 30X take 4 pellets then wait and see if the itch gets a bit better.  You can take that up to every 1/2hr for 1hr.  If you get the 30C take one dose and leave it be.  If the itch returns 3-4hrs later you can redose it.  The vial will say use 5 pellets.  DO NOT DO THIS.  It just takes ONE pellet.  Dump into the lid and straight into the mouth.  Do not touch homeopathics as the remedy is sprayed on the pellet (it is the carrier).  If you touch it you'll wash off the sulfur. 

If the sulfur doesn't work then a 30C borax would be my next suggestion.  It is also a homeopathic.
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.