Author Topic: Nasal polyps  (Read 4939 times)

Offline Joelswife

• Learning
Nasal polyps
« on: October 18, 2012, 09:15:04 PM »
I tried to do a search to find any info, but wasn't able to find any posts.....

I have struggled with nasal polyps for about 7 or 8 years. In my mid-twenties, out of the blue, I started having allergies. A year later, I was diagnosed with asthma. About the same time, I lost my sense of smell and couldn't use my nose to breathe at all. The dr told me I had polyps and would need surgery. I have had sinus surgery 3 times....once in 2006, again in 2007 and just had my third surgery two days ago to remove the polyps. They always tell me the same thing....they will come back. There is nothing I can do about it. Take the medications and deal as best you can, hold off the inevitable surgery as long as possible. I am sick of it. I don't want to lose my sense of smell again. How can I keep the polyps away? Inflammation from the allergies seems to be the cause, so I need to reduce the inflammation by reducing the allergies. I am planning on going on the GAPS diet asap.....or at least go gluten-free, maybe grain free. Any herbs or supplements that could help? Essential oils? I am prepared to do whatever it takes. I just need to be pointed in the right direction. Would love to know if anyone else has dealt with this successfully.

Thanks!

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
Re: Nasal polyps
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 04:26:32 PM »
Have you considered homeopathy?  There is a gal that used to post here all the time (don't think she does anymore) that totally lost her sense of taste and smell due to mold and she has it back now since using homeopathy.  A good constitutional homeopath can help your balance out so it will clear the polyps on its own and return your sense of smell.   
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline Joelswife

• Learning
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 03:08:28 PM »
I have not considered it. I have heard mixed reviews on homeopathy, but I would definitely be willing to consider it and do some research. Could you point me in the right direction?

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 03:45:59 AM »
sounds to me as if the polyps are a symptom of your allergies.  have you looked into healing, reversing or treating your allergies with diet change?  has this helped at all?

My favorite herb book!!

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 08:26:45 PM »
You would need to find a good constitutional homeopath.  If you can tell me what state you're in, or PM that to me I can see if I can help you find one.  A good homeopath is like a good doctor - few and far between.  :P  H-pathy depends on matching a remedy to the person's symptoms and constitution.  If not done right, it just won't work.  Won't hurt you, but also won't work.   One other advantage of h-pathy is it wouldn't just help your polyps, it would help your allergies and any other body imbalances as well. 
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline Joelswife

• Learning
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 04:15:24 PM »
At the moment we live in South Korea. My hubby is active duty military. I can't imagine that I would find a homeopath here.

HB-- I started what I call a quasi-GAPS diet about 3 months ago. We allowed rice and pinto/garbanzo beans and molasses, but I didn't get as much fermented foods or probiotics or bone broth as I should. Buying organic or grass-fed or raw anything is difficult to impossible. I can't read Korean in the Korean stores and our military store is a joke. We don't eat sugar or white flour anything or processed food. Have I noticed a difference? Well, not really. But, I am still taking the prescription meds (zyrtec and singular) daily which would mask any symptoms I would have/not have. Plus my polyps were so bad before the surgery that I would not have noticed any change. Taking Green Pastures Cod Liver Oil has helped.

I went to the DR for my two week post-op appointment and he said my polyps are already growing in there again. GRRRR!!!!! I am just so frustrated and discourage. I want to be able to breathe and smell....is that too much to ask?  ::)

Thinking that the polyps could be fungal related, I started taking Yeast Assassin. I am also taking Tummy Tune Up, the FCLO, Colostrum Transfer Factor. I use a Neti Pot daily.

Whatcha think? Anything I should try?

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 08:01:58 AM »
At the moment we live in South Korea. My hubby is active duty military. I can't imagine that I would find a homeopath here.

HB-- I started what I call a quasi-GAPS diet about 3 months ago. We allowed rice and pinto/garbanzo beans and molasses, but I didn't get as much fermented foods or probiotics or bone broth as I should. Buying organic or grass-fed or raw anything is difficult to impossible. I can't read Korean in the Korean stores and our military store is a joke. We don't eat sugar or white flour anything or processed food. Have I noticed a difference? Well, not really. But, I am still taking the prescription meds (zyrtec and singular) daily which would mask any symptoms I would have/not have. Plus my polyps were so bad before the surgery that I would not have noticed any change. Taking Green Pastures Cod Liver Oil has helped.

I went to the DR for my two week post-op appointment and he said my polyps are already growing in there again. GRRRR!!!!! I am just so frustrated and discourage. I want to be able to breathe and smell....is that too much to ask?  ::)

Thinking that the polyps could be fungal related, I started taking Yeast Assassin. I am also taking Tummy Tune Up, the FCLO, Colostrum Transfer Factor. I use a Neti Pot daily.

Whatcha think? Anything I should try?

I think I can find you someone.  Homeopathy in foreign countries is fairly common.  Give me a bit to check. 

patti

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 05:10:34 AM »

fermented foods???  in Korea???  eat kimchi!!  learn to make it and eat lots and lots of it.  there are all kinds of fermented foods in korea.  even their hot sauce is fermented.  find someone who is willing to sell you some homemade or learn to make it yourself.  the storebought stuff can contain things like corn starch, corn syrup and food dyes. 

if you can learn to eat the local cuisine, but avoid anything prepackaged, you'll probably be healthier than the rest of us.  i happen to be married to a korean man so i have a little bit of experience in that area, and i know that their diets are generally healthy.  there should be lots of fish and healthy oils to be had.  i'm glad the cod liver oil is working.  i don't have much research on nasal polyps, but i would surmise it's a reaction of your body to an allergy or some sort of toxin it's trying to get out of the body.

have you considered a cleanse?  something that is charcoal and/or bentonite clay based?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 05:13:18 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 08:54:18 PM »
I have been unable to find anyone in Korea for you.  Your next best bet would be working with someone in the US via phone.  I know of a couple of people that work internationally.  If you're interested, let me know.  The other option might be by phone with someone in England but I wonder if their English would make it difficult.  Let me know if you want a stateside person.  This is so fixable with homeopathy!  I really desire for you to connect with someone.