Author Topic: Cod Liver Oil Causing Gas  (Read 3317 times)

Offline juanitamwilliams

• Learning
Cod Liver Oil Causing Gas
« on: October 09, 2012, 07:49:17 AM »
Hello,
I started taking Super Mom, Cod Liver Oil, and Tummy Tune Up about a week and a half ago.  Since then, I have had horrible gas!  I have taken all but cod liver oil in the past with no problems.  Has anyone else had this issue with cod liver oil?  I am taking 3 Beeyoutiful liquid gels daily. 
Thanks for your input!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Cod Liver Oil Causing Gas
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 06:12:20 PM »
cod liver makes me burp fish sometimes, but i find this is less when i drink coffee.  caffeine causes the gallbladder to squirt bile which helps to break down fatty acids.  i think this might be why coffee helps to keep me from burping fish.  maybe you should try a cup of coffee or green tea with your gelcaps?
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline juanitamwilliams

• Learning
Re: Cod Liver Oil Causing Gas
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 08:22:27 AM »
I think I figured it out!  Bananas!  I have been eating 1-2 bananas every day to try to eat healthier.  I read somewhere to eat a piece of raw fruit or veges with each meal to aid in digestion and prevent bloating.  So, I would eat a banana after lunch.  Yesterday, I looked up if bananas caused gas and YES they do!  Especially if you eat them with other food!  Apparently, if bananas do not get to digest quickly, they will ferment and the starch and sugar in them will cause gas!  So, now I am banana free and hopefully on the mend!  I did look up some remedies and will try peppermint oil or tea and try to find a good enzyme supplement until one from Beeyoutiful can get here!