Author Topic: prenatals & prepregnancy advice...  (Read 1688 times)

Offline homesteadnutrition

• Wide Eyed
prenatals & prepregnancy advice...
« on: July 25, 2012, 09:54:25 AM »
I am getting married soon and I want to start taking prenatals because we won't be using any family planning to start with. We want kids!!  I've heard good things about Supermom vitamins, but I'm unclear as to if they actually are prenatals or not. Can anyone tell me if they are, or what they would suggest?

My fiance and I are both pretty healthy, we eat a whole foods diet and try to avoid sugar and most caffeine. I take fish oil and a womens multivitamin, and he does the same fish oil and mens multi, but other than that we don't do much supplements. What do y'all suggest? What should we be taking?

We were also  planning to do a liver cleanse also before the wedding, but I haven't made it yet and it takes three weeks to brew... our wedding is in 4 weeks and I should ovulate in 6. I assume that still give us time to do the liver cleanse?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciate! ;-)

Offline neilbeth

• Learning
Re: prenatals & prepregnancy advice...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 09:14:33 AM »
don't do the cleanse now!
you may get detoxed skin (zits!) and you'll feel moody as all that junk comes flying out of ya!
not a way to start the marriage : )

Offline homesteadnutrition

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 06:38:06 AM »
oh dear, certainly wouldn't want that! :-) Thanks for the tip. ;-)

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 05:04:16 PM »
Sounds like you are on the right track  :) I would also suggest adding a probiotic to your vitamin routine. I've also recently been reading about magnesium helping prevent morning sickness if you start taking it before pregnancy. Mountain Meadow Herbs has a liver cleanse tincture that is safe to take while pregnant and nursing, so you could look into that if you want to cleanse your liver maybe after you get married and settled, but don't have to worry about whether you're pregnant or not. I do highly recommend the Supermom multis (tho I take the Superdads bc I can't handle iron). I have noticed a huge difference while taking these and I took them as my prenatals too. If you are planning on getting pregnant soon then I would start taking a good B vitamin or Folic Acid as well. Another good prenatal my sister took and loved was Rainbow Lite. Sorry if this a bit sporatic, I just wrote things as they came to mind. Congratulations! I hope some of this info helps  :)