Author Topic: Balancing hormones while breastfeeding  (Read 6092 times)

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
Balancing hormones while breastfeeding
« on: July 17, 2012, 08:22:11 AM »
I wasn't sure where to post this or if it's been addressed already. My question is: is there a way to balance your hormones while breastfeeding? I'm pretty sure my hormones are off but I'm not sure what to do about it. My baby is 3 1/2 months old and nursing exclusively. I'm taking fish oils, EPO, adrenal support, and Superdads. We eat healthy-nothing treated with hormones etc. But I'm still struggling with my emotions and just feeling balanced and controlled. I've had PPD with my 2nd child (this is my 3rd now) but it's not the same, it's not really depression, just a feeling of being "off". I've thought about chaste tree berry because thats helped me before, but I've never used it nursing and read a lot of conflicting things about it. I'm not sure what else to do. Thanks for any suggestions!

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
Re: Balancing hormones while breastfeeding
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 10:49:58 AM »
Bump  :)

Offline skederbear

• Learning
    • facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 06:13:42 AM »
 I am curious to know too.I am not breastfeeding my daughter anymore,just started progesterone  cream. But have had something wrong since I had her. I had the worst insomnia for a few months postpartum.  And every week before my period,it comes back horrible. And I am one of those people who can't function on just a little sleep. also terrible foggy brain,trouble focusing and feel like I cant remember anything. These last few weeks,those things havnt been quite as bad,so praying its goin away,but culdnt sleep this last week.
  I have a friend who is still breastfeeding with hormone's really off too,so I wuld love some info to pass on too her(=

Offline jrd922

• Learning
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 07:54:43 AM »
not sure if this is the right place to post, as I am not really replying but adding to it.  How do you teach school when you are battling depression, nervousness, not able to focus, etc?????  Any helps on getting hormones back into place, like saliva testing maybe????  I"m just plain weary!! But trying to be thankful each day that this too shall pass:) :)

thanks
Joyce

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 10:49:18 AM »
An ND maybe able to walk you through hormone testing, Joyce, as well as thyroid, adrenal, and other common glandular depletions that can cause symptoms you describe.  No doubt, though, a good nourishing diet can be a good starting place. Pregnancy and breastfeeding, plus all the other unavoidable tasks that come with mothering can quickly deplete reserves. Often a good multivitamin, and a multimineral supplement or just a B complex along with a magnesium supplement will turn things around. You could do these on your own immediately while finding a practitioner to walk through the particulars of your health history. For myself I found a big increase in energy when I started taking B12 in sublingual methylcobalamin tablets. They cost about $4 for a two month supply, so it's a safe and inexpensive try at minimum. Hang in there. It does pass.