Author Topic: Peeling Finger Tips  (Read 3581 times)

Offline JMama

• Wide Eyed
Peeling Finger Tips
« on: July 16, 2012, 03:10:58 PM »
I've just noticed my 2 year olds finger tips are peeling. She doesn't seem bothered by them and she has no other symptoms. The other day it looked like every singe finger tip was burnt, but I don't remember anything happening and she never complained about anything. Now the skin is peeling off and the skin underneath is super red.

I've never heard or seen anything like this before and I don't know how worried to be. Everything I've researched online so far has suggested strep, hand, foot and mouth disease, fungus, or just dry skin. Those who took their toddlers to the Dr. said they were given topical creams, anti biotics, and even steroids. I'm thinking an allergic reaction to something, but I have no idea what.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this happening before? Any information would be awesome!!

Offline Sewbusy

• Adept
Re: Peeling Finger Tips
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 05:51:54 PM »
Probably not hand foot mouth. You will KNOW if you get that. (we had it this winter)

Offline kcb

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 04:16:17 AM »
I would suspect a toxin.  Is it possible she got into some lubricating oil, pesticide, cleaning solution, etc?  Even tap water in come places can cause similar problems.

Offline JMama

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 03:10:04 AM »
We had just picked blueberries, but I'm not sure what or if they were sprayed with something.

Offline kcb

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 06:09:02 AM »
That might be it.  Maybe the blueberry farm would be wiling to tell you what was sprayed on the blueberries.  Or maybe they are right next to another farm, where something was sprayed heavily.  So sad to suspect blueberry picking!

Offline donnapinaire

• Learning
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 08:55:01 AM »
Sew busy, my 2 yo grandson has a fever and spots on his tongue. My d-I-l suspected hand foot and mouth disease. What were the symptoms your family experienced?

Offline Sewbusy

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 01:21:17 PM »
hum... Been a while so I am trying to remember. I think I may have even deleted pictures. If you google it you should come up with a bunch of pictures. They looked a lot like poison ivy, blistery, sometimes clear fluid then red and sort of like eczema. They ended up with them around their mouth on the outside too and it went up to the upper arm on the toddlers. Inside their mouth was just riddled with what looked like canker sores.

At first we though chicken pox but they had all had that and it started on the arms not the tummy. I found the pics but they all have my kids faces and I won't post those for safety reasons so if I can figure out how to crop or blur parts of them I may post them as well. It gets worse pretty quickly so keep him home till you are sure it is/isn't. It's miserable stuff !

Offline goatgirl

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 07:36:11 AM »
my twelve year old daughter has this same problem. She says that when they peel they hurt sometimes and feel weird. If anyone has any ideas that would be great. I have tried researching on line with no answers. I always suspect yeast. Anyone familiar with this?