Author Topic: Rash on my 5 month old that seems to be spreading  (Read 2641 times)

Offline iamrichlyblessed

• Wide Eyed
Rash on my 5 month old that seems to be spreading
« on: June 22, 2012, 11:00:07 AM »
My 5 month old has had a small red spot on his neck every since he's been about 2 months old. I noticed that whenever I eat tomatoes it gets worse (usually red and then dries up). But just the last few weeks I noticed another spot on his neck and also on his leg. It never seemed to be itchy or bother him until this past week he started scratching it. He's not fussy at all but I really would like to know what the rash is and how to get rid of it since it's obviously spreading and not getting better. I've been using a chickweed salve and also Aveeno Natural Baby lotion. The salve dries it up sometimes but it's not curing it. Does anyone have advice?

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
Re: Rash on my 5 month old that seems to be spreading
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 09:03:18 PM »
He probably has eczema because he's allergic to what you're eating.  So, clearly, if he's rashing when you eat tomatoes then he's allergic to tomatoes.  And probably other foods as well, as food allergies rarely stand alone.  You may want to look at gluten dairy, tomatoes, potatoes, and bananas as possible culprits.   As far as healing it - you can try homeopathic sulfur in a 30X potency to see if that helps as it has an affinity for eczema rashes from food allergies. 
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline kcb

• Adept
Re: Rash on my 5 month old that seems to be spreading
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 03:37:14 AM »
My toddler had rash which looked like eczema or psoriasis.  I noticed that it goes away when he eats liver (pastured), and it spreads when he does not eat it.  I guess his body needs the nutrients found in the good liver.  Now I give liver to my whole family periodically.  If one needs it, I'm sure we all do!