Author Topic: How do I get rid of parasites while nursing?  (Read 4968 times)

Offline Strmis

• Wide Eyed
How do I get rid of parasites while nursing?
« on: June 13, 2012, 08:45:32 PM »
Totally brand New to this forum!  I see a similar thread but not getting the specifics im looking for.

I think I have parasites that are contributing to my digestion and overall health problems (bad gas, sometimes constipation, weird bruises, decreased immunity, itchy bottom at night) as well as contributing to my EBF 9 month old's eczema.

I keep getting mixed messages about parasitic cleanses while nursing (mostly the dangers of toxins released) but in my gut, literally and figuratively, I feel like I have to get rid of these bugs in order to fully help my daughter over her eczema and continue to breastfeed (as well as get my own health back)

I've read about taking papaya seeds, raw garlic, ACV, clove tea, and clay or charcoal (to absorb toxins released during die off).  All are supposed to be safe during nursing, but I don't know how long to do these or in what amounts, combinations and anything else that may need to be one n addition to what I've mentioned. Can anyone chime in?

Offline Sewbusy

• Adept
Re: How do I get rid of parasites while nursing?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 01:10:35 PM »
if I had to wait until I was not nursing or pregnant to start cleanings(and thereby healing) my body, I think I might die of one of the problems I have.  :)   I have done small amounts of detoxing/cleansing while nursing but I try and wait till baby is at least 6 months and do SMALL amounts at a time. TONS of water to helps flush things and keep those bowels moving! I have done a yeast cleanse and small amounts of heavy metal cleansing while nursing with no ill effect. Know YOUR body and baby and watch carefully.  I used DE while nursing for worms and such and let me tell you it was getting rid of them. I am not sure how well the DE works for actual parasites but it definitely got rid of some worms. And DE is really nourishing. Sometimes it is weighing options and finding the "lesser of two evils" as the saying goes. just my $.02 :)

Offline Strmis

• Wide Eyed
Re: How do I get rid of parasites while nursing?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 05:25:49 PM »
Thanks for the info. Yes, I feel like if I do nothing than the eczema will just persist and I'd like to nurse as long as possible. Do you have any helpful tips on this?

I'm thinking of going with alternating PB shakes and DE every other morning. Papaya seeds, pineapple, raw honey and papaya smoothie for breakfast , followed by some charcoal a couple hours later to absorb toxins. Lots of raw garlic throughout the day to help kill critters and help me get things moving down there, as well as maybe a capsule or two of fresh ground herbs and drinking lots and lots of water.

Does this sound relatively gentle and effective?

Also, what should I be eating? I have cut out all grains, gluten, eggs, dairy, some veggies, some fruits, all seeds, all nuts, and coconut anything due to my daughters intolerance of them via breastmilk.