Author Topic: My hair is black!!! Help me please.  (Read 1957 times)

Offline Bamagirl

• Learning
My hair is black!!! Help me please.
« on: June 11, 2012, 03:09:27 AM »
I had my hair dyed a light/medium red at the salon about two months ago.  Well my roots were growing out and I didn't have the time nor money to have it dyed again, so I went to the store and bought two bottles of Medium Ash Brown as this is a little lighter than my natural color.  Well now it's black and I hate it.  I have a pale white skin color and I now look like I was going for the goth look (I know later this is going to be so funny and I need to take a picture so I can laugh about it, but at the moment I can't seem to find the humor lol).  Anybody know of any way I can lighten it.  I've heard all the things that "fade" red hair (flat iron, dandruff shampoo ect...) and I think I am going to try every one.  Also, does anyone know why it went black?

Offline Sewbusy

• Adept
Re: My hair is black!!! Help me please.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 06:51:31 AM »
Be glad its not a hologramish greenish purple silver :o This happened to me once when I tried to dye mine. It had something to do with my hair being dyed too many times and being brittle and not having any "pigment". I had gone to a stylist because it wouldn't hold color. She added a "pigment" which was red (and I am ash not RED). Then she dyed it. All the color washed out and it ended up just RED. So then I had to bleach it several times to at least get it blond (closer to my color). Then I dyed it and thats when I ended up with all that ugly color. I ended up having to get it all cut SHORT. And just stopped dying it ;D It would seem that your hair absorbed too much color so washing it a few times might help fade it. I hope you find something that helps!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: My hair is black!!! Help me please.
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 04:41:04 AM »
yyou are lucky it didn't turn green.  ASH has green undertones.  leave it set as long as you can manage - 1 to 2 months if you can stand it and it will fade over time.  then you can get something else and dye it again OR you can go to the salon and have them fix it.  :/
  My favorite herb book!!