Author Topic: hyperthyroid  (Read 2567 times)

Offline marcy

• Wide Eyed
hyperthyroid
« on: May 06, 2012, 10:51:11 PM »
I just found out that I am pregnant, and I have a hyperthroid. Has anyone had a healthy pregnancy/and baby with a hyperthyroid? Everything on the net seems so grim.

Offline kcb

• Adept
Re: hyperthyroid
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 02:46:05 PM »
A regular dose of unrefined coconut oil can put thyroid and other hormones back in balance.  Refer to the books "Eat Fat Lose Fat" and "The Coconut Cure."  It takes 1 to 6 tablespoons coconut oil per day.  I like to make a coconut broth:  a mug of warm/hot water, a tablespoon or two of coconut oil, and plenty of sea salt to taste.  It has excellent side effects, like regulating weight, satisfying the appetite, softening skin, etc.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 07:09:41 AM »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 08:53:20 AM »
Find a good doc to work with on this one.  :-*

How high? what tests were used to determine the hyperthyroidism, and do you know that diagnostic name/or reason for your particular set of conditions-- such as Graves, Hashimotos, nodule, etc.

Lithium orotate is one natural supplement that can be used while pregnant and breastfeeding, but I could not advise self supplementation for this one. There are a few amino acids that are also safe and helpful, but you need indepth consultation to determine which you might be deficient in.

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 08:56:05 AM »
Also, as mentioned in the article healthybratt linked, Vit D is critical to autoimmune regulation should your hyperthyroidism be autoimmune based.