Author Topic: Using herbs twice?  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Joelswife

• Learning
Using herbs twice?
« on: July 01, 2012, 02:14:19 PM »
I tried to do a search but was getting an error message. So I apologize if this was answered somewhere.

Is it okay to use herbs twice? I brew a batch of nettles (as an infusion) each day for my allergies. I would like to make the herb stretch a bit farther and would like to re-brew it for another day....would I get good results?
Can I use herbs a second time as a general rule, in teas, infusions, tinctures, etc? Any rule of thumb for doing so?
Thank you for your help!
Jessica

Offline ladyhen

• Master
Re: Using herbs twice?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 06:54:19 PM »
It is not a very good idea to use herbs more than once as you have already extracted the best of the medicinal properties with the first use. 

Making Tinctures: Recipes, Tips & Tricks  - - - This is a long thread, but there is a wealth of information here.

The search function hasn't worked well for a while.   :-\   
However, you can search this site from google by entering welltellme.com > (search information)   Know what I mean?   
For instance, to find the above thread, I searched google with welltellme.com > making tinctures. 

Hope that is a help.  You can also search through the individual topic headings on the site's main page. 

Oh, and for allergies, I just can't recommend rooibos herb highly enough.   It will block allergic response.   Use the search information above and enter the wtm and then rooibos allergies. 
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13