Author Topic: Sarcoidosis (Boeck's or Besnier-Boeck) Symptoms & Causes, Treatments & Tips  (Read 2708 times)

Offline melissag

• Learning
It's for my husband but not directly a "men's health concern".  Also, I'm wondering what, if any, vitamins and supplements he might be able to take for this.  He was recently diagnosed with sarcoidosis.  If anyone knows what that is and how we can treat it I'd appreciate it.  We know what it is, but he is taking prednisone for 2 months and I'd really like to know what else we can do.  I'm going to talk to someone local soon but was hoping someone here could help us out.  Thanks!

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
Re: Not sure where to post sarcoidosis
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 03:34:39 PM »
It's for my husband but not directly a "men's health concern".  Also, I'm wondering what, if any, vitamins and supplements he might be able to take for this.  He was recently diagnosed with sarcoidosis.  If anyone knows what that is and how we can treat it I'd appreciate it.  We know what it is, but he is taking prednisone for 2 months and I'd really like to know what else we can do.  I'm going to talk to someone local soon but was hoping someone here could help us out.  Thanks!

I would highly recommend you look into classical constitutional homeopathy.  Our son was on prednisone and that stuff is NASTY.  Not to mention the long term effects of steroid use.  :(  I haven't found anything yet that constitutional homeopathy cannot help/cure.
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
Sarcoidosis is an inflammatory disease. Lymphocytes become over-active which results in granulomas.  These granulomas can show up most often in the lungs, but are also known to be found in the liver, lymph nodes, eyes, and on the skin. Pretty much any tissue in the body can be affected.

Based on the actual description of the disease I'd think the very first step would be to focus on ways reducing inflammation. This is as simple as changing his diet. (but not necessarily easy!  ;)) Reducing stress is also important, and of course there are numerous supplements and herbs that are specifically anti inflammatory.

Especially since the treatment prescribed is prednisone, I'd also approach it as an autoimmune disease. The natural path to healing autoimmunity is  very similar to healing inflammation....all the same antiinflammatory diet and lifestyle, and supporting antiinflammatory supplements.
I found some hints online that, at least in some cases of lung sarcoidosis, there is a viral component. That would make sense as often there is a pathogen that triggers autoimmunity. In that case, some herbs with antiviral, antibacterial, antiparasitical properties might help.

Offline melissag

• Learning
For some reason I didn't ever get notified that there were responses...I think it's set up to do so.   :-\  So, thank you very much for the responses.  I appreciate it and will share them with my husband.