Author Topic: week long ovulation?  (Read 2749 times)

Offline neilbeth

• Learning
week long ovulation?
« on: April 02, 2012, 03:45:15 PM »
is it possible to ovulate a couple times in one week? i've had 2 periods since my 7 mos old was born and the time frame and "signs" of ovulation are lasting far longer than 24-48 hrs.

before becoming pregnant with one son, i know i ovulated twice in one month (of course he was made on the second ovulation : )
but this is different. the symptom (clear thin, stretchy muscus) is lasting a LONG time.

thanks, e

Offline Homeschool_Newbie

• Adept
  • The best of summer...
Re: week long ovulation?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 06:08:31 AM »
It is actually not possible to ovulate twice in one month, unless it is the type of ovulation where your body releases 2 different eggs within a short time frame...( 24 hours if I remember correctly) Other than that, it is not possible to get pregnant on Sunday and then again on Saturday. I think what you are experiencing is your body's attempt to ovulate. It has to reach a certain hormonal level before it can actually ovulate. This is very very typical after the birth of a child and can be very confusing. What you are describing sounds very normal to me. I actually got pregnant (without a period) about 15 months after the birth of my last baby. The date of the baby's conception was a huge mystery. (The pregnancy actually ended in a miscarriage, which is probably totally unrelated) Anyway, this is a pretty fascinating topic, and you can find lots of good info. in the book " Taking Charge Of Your Fertility". I have read parts of the book off and on for years, and still find that I would probably need to take a class to *fully* understand all of the info. Either take a class or read the book veeeeeeeery slowly. (LOL)

*** edited to add: I just re-read your post and noticed that you've had 2 periods since your baby was born. I was thinking that your periods had not returned yet. Anyway- there are different variables that can change an ovulation... One of them is stress. Stress can delay ovulation and cause a woman to think her period is "late", when in fact it was her ovuation that was late. I suspect, too, that if you are breastfeeding it can make your ovualtion less predictable even if your periods have returned. Your baby is still pretty young and your body may not be totally back on track just yet.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 06:56:02 AM by Homeschool_Newbie »
Blessed wife and mom of 5, going on 6 great kiddos... with more babies I can't wait to meet in heaven.