Author Topic: Diaper rash salve/cream recipe  (Read 2519 times)

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
Diaper rash salve/cream recipe
« on: March 29, 2012, 11:57:54 AM »
I'm sorry if this is already somewhere else, but does anyone have any recipes for baby rash cream or salve? I'm thinking more salve as I have the ingredients: Beeswax, Calendula, Plantain, coconut oil, lavender etc. But I don't want to waste any of these ingredients by making a flop as I have done in the past with other salve recipes, plus I wanted to give some as gifts to some other mamas to be so I want it to turn out nice. Thank you!  :D

Offline MyTwoCents

• Learning
Re: Diaper rash salve/cream recipe
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 06:54:49 PM »
I made a green salve with plantain, compfrey, calendula, bay leaves, arnica flowers, echinacea and rosemary and also one with just compfrey and I really like both for diaper rash and almost anything else such as cuts, scrapes yeast infection itch (someone I gave this to tried it). A friend of mine used it for a swollen ankle and it even helped that alot. IMO you can't go wrong with comprey.

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 06:21:54 AM »
Thank you, I have comfrey too! How does this salve smell? I made a salve with comfrey and other herbs and it smells, well like herbs-not very babyish. I don't want to turn people off to homemade salves if I give it as a gift lol  ;D  Maybe Lavender will give it a nice smell?

Offline MyTwoCents

• Learning
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 11:35:31 AM »
I did put lavender in it but it still smells like herbs. I don't mind it but I think I will try a different smell next time. Hope it works out for you.   

Offline grannysgoo

• Learning
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 01:03:47 PM »
if you add spearmint leaf toyour salve when you make it, it will cancel out the herb small and actually make it pretty unscented.  Still working on a nice smell, but i would think maybe rose petals would be a nice addition.  I'll let you know when I have a chance to try it.