Author Topic: Vasectomy: Long Term Side Effects  (Read 2998 times)

Offline Sewbusy

• Adept
Vasectomy: Long Term Side Effects
« on: March 21, 2012, 06:16:49 PM »
DH and I are going to have to do something after this baby comes and are looking at ALL our options. Basically we've narrowed it down to 2. Vasectomy or NFP.  We would go with NFP hands down but pregnancy is not an option. So we lean toward vas BUT are concerned about the long term affects. SO all you out there that have gone this route can you please tell me if you have had long term (I'm thinking REALLY long term) affects. Like 20 and 30,40,50 years. Concerns are but not limited to : prostate cancer, impotency, on going pain,pregnancy risk. I have read all 21 pages of the birth control thread so I am looking for any new info. And please don't blast me with your "spiritual" answers. Just facts please.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 04:34:03 AM by healthybratt »

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
Re: Vasectomy: Long Term Side Effects
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 04:36:24 PM »
From actual people I know and their reports.

- no side effects noticed 2 and 5 years post surgery
- on going pain 3 years
-ongoing pain 6 years
-10 years on going pain and ED beginning 2 years post surgery

Offline Homeschool_Newbie

• Adept
  • The best of summer...
Re: Vasectomy: Long Term Side Effects
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 12:19:16 PM »
You know, I really like the book " Taking Charge Of Your Fertility", but I think that a person needs to take a class to *fully* understand every aspect of the book. If you are really committed to it, the failure rate is extremely low. The only thing I would add is that it may be tricky during breastfeeding and menopause.
Blessed wife and mom of 5, going on 6 great kiddos... with more babies I can't wait to meet in heaven.