Author Topic: Anybody used Dr. Natura Colonix system?  (Read 48771 times)

Offline morningglory

• Adept
Re: Anybody used Dr. Natura Colonix system?
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2008, 04:30:47 PM »
Just a tip with the tea: if it's not working, steep it in non-boiling water until it's cool, then steep it again in fresh water, and drink both cups.

Offline Chadycake

• Adept
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2008, 10:35:42 AM »
 ;D WOOHOO!!! ;D

I finally got some dark rubbery yuck out!! 8)  Sorry if that's TMI, but I'm so relieved!  (heehee  ::))

Oh, and it was "hidden" inside normal looking stuff.  I haven't been looking through it consistently, but this morning I just felt lighter & better after.  So I decided to investigate.  Hopefully, the dam has broken & the frustration is over!

I guess I misunderstood you, Twitterpated, about the tea.  Good to know I'm not overdoing it.  I'm steeping mine a loooong time & not getting any cramps.

I'll have to try your method tonight, Morningglory... are you saying that the water should not be boiling either time?

I guess I should do a better job of sticking to the correct amount of water.  Although yesterday I drank waaay too much & got great results this morning!  ???

So were they saying, Twitterpated that you should eliminate sugar, starches & red meat during the cleanse?  Or in general?

Thanks for the continued encouragement, Ladies!  I appreciate it mucho! :-*

:)~W

"Daddy, when we die, will we have eyes... so we can see God?" -Caleb, age 4

I'm blogging recipes and natural health info at http://concoctionsandwhatnot.blogspot.com/

Offline morningglory

• Adept
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2008, 10:47:35 AM »
With some herbs, boiling water will destroy the properties.  If you have to, use 2 tea bags to get things moving.  Sounds like you're doing great!  I wish I could have finished my cleanse, but I'm pregnant, so it'll have to wait.

Offline twitterpated4hubby

• Adept
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2008, 02:49:05 PM »
Oh...maybe thats why it says to use hot water..i figured boiling would be best. :-\ im afraid i will waist it is i use just hot though. I may email and ask them.

I think chadycake, that they mean to stop eating sugar, starches and red meat while on the cleanse but i can see why that would be a good thing to stop eating forever...but oh sooo hard. :D

When you saw the rubber, was it in small chunks or long peaces like the hose stuff? I am kinda digging too. :-[ I can say for sure that it looks different then normal stuff but im still not seeing worms or anything really nasty. How did your salt thing work? Did it clean ya out good and how do you do it exactly?
http://keepyourcloveson.blogspot.com/2008_10_01_archive.html

"...I found the one my heart loves. I held him and would not let him go..." -Song of Songs 3:4

Offline Chadycake

• Adept
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2008, 06:45:52 PM »
Thank you for explaining that morningglory.  I guess I've always thought tea = herbs + boiling water!  Not boiling it never occured to me.  ::) Congrats on your pregnancy!!! :)

How are you doing, twitterpated?

Regarding the rubber... the first one was a longish rope.  Actually, it must have been 2, cuz it did break into 2 pieces.  One section was maybe 6 inches long, the other about 4.  Other than that though, it wasn't coming apart!.  (I hope that stuff doesn't clog our septic system!)  Since then I've seen one other ropish thing, and several smaller chucks.  I've also seen little things that look like rice only flattened.  I'm not sure I want to dwell on what that could be. :-\ :P

The salt water flush got things moving that day.  I just put 1 tsp. of celtic sea salt in a 4 cup measuring bowl & then filled it with warm water.  Drank it as quick as I could.  Stay at home til you know you're done if you do this!

:)~W

I'm blogging recipes and natural health info at http://concoctionsandwhatnot.blogspot.com/

• Adept
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2008, 05:38:11 AM »
Well, im going about two times a day but i wish i could just flush my stomach out like the other colon cleanses do. I know this one is better but i just want to have that empty feeling for once. I have gained weight since i started this. Its probably not because of the cleanse but i just thought it would help me lose weight in my stomach area. Im not fat but i do have a poochy belly and im so upset that its not going down. I wonder if i should do a salt water flush. I only have sea salt...its not the kind you used though. Im sure it would still work.

"...I found the one my heart loves. I held him and would not let him go..." -Song of Songs 3:4

Offline Chadycake

• Adept
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2008, 10:07:50 AM »
Wow, you & I sound a lot alike, Twitterpated.

I'm feeling like I've gained a little weight too... mostly in the tummy. :( Although I don't have a scale, so I can't verify.

And I'm also wishing I could feel that empty feeling.  I really want to do a fast during this, but I'm having difficulty finding a good time to do it.

Have you tried the salt water flush yet?

Oh, & I was over scaning the liver flush thread, cuz I'm planning to do that too.  Have you done it yet?  I'm going to do it during the break from the paranil & kleritea, since you can't drink anything at night w/ the liver flush (except the oil & grapefruit juice).  I'll do it this monday.  I haven't done one in about 2 years & am a little nervous.

I'm still only going in the mornings, but it is several times in about an hour period.  And I was rereading the instructions last night & it does say that some people don't see results for 3 or 4 weeks, so it's not unheard of.

And I must report some good news ;D:
Ever since I got that rubbery stuff out last week, I've been able to exercise!!! ;D  I know that probably doesn't sound like a huge deal, so let me explain... I bought Ttapp for myself for my birthday last year.  At the time I was about a month & a half into a yeast cleanse.  I was able to do it almost every day.  Then we went on vacation, which meant the yeast diet went out the window & I wasn't sleeping very well.  A week after we got home hubby decided last minute that we were all going out of town again... another weekend of bad eating & even worse sleep.  By the end of that weekend I had some sort of crash (I think maybe adrenal related).  Anyway, I was in really bad shape for about 2 months then I slowly began to come out of it.  But, every time I would try to ttapp again, I would be shot for at least the rest of that day, if not longer.  I even tried doing only half the repitions & just couldn't hack it.  But now I've done it 5 days & I'm feeling good!  SORE, but good!  I'm sooo excited about this!! :) (BTW, the crash happened 8 months ago)

Are you still on half a scoop of the fiber?  Did they tell you how you would know when to go back up to a full scoop?

~W

• Adept
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2008, 04:50:01 AM »
Did you do the liver gallbladder cleanse yet? I wanna do it and it would be cool for us to do it together. I also have t tap and really want to get back into that too. We really should be poopie Buddy's. LOL!! Maybe we could motivate each other. ;D

Offline Chadycake

• Adept
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2008, 01:44:59 PM »
Did you do the liver gallbladder cleanse yet? I wanna do it and it would be cool for us to do it together. I also have t tap and really want to get back into that too. We really should be poopie Buddy's. LOL!! Maybe we could motivate each other. ;D

Oops!  Did the liver cleanse last night.  But I'm going into a Master Cleanse & will probably do another liver cleanse when I'm done with that.  Wanna join me for either of those?

~W

• Adept
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2008, 06:59:12 PM »
Sure!!! That would be awesome. I will definitely need you to motivate me cuz lately i have no self discipline with food. :-[

Nickole

« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2008, 04:37:12 PM »
Sure!!! That would be awesome. I will definitely need you to motivate me cuz lately i have no self discipline with food. :-[

I can just picture you two clinging together your glasses of olive oil/salt/juice concoctions and doing the liver flush toast.  ;D

I gained weight doing the colon cleanse kit too.   >:(

• Adept
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2008, 05:37:23 PM »
LOL!!! Thats so funny. :D

Why do you think we are gaining weight from this cleanse? Could it be the juice we mix with the fiber? It doesn't make since to me.

Offline morningglory

• Adept
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2008, 02:44:46 AM »
I lost weight, and my tummy looks flatter, too.  But that just makes my loose leftover prggo belly skin look looser. :-[

• Adept
« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2008, 05:10:30 AM »
Tell me what you did exactly to make this work for you because im going to the bathroom once...maybe twice a day but nothing is weird about it. I know there has got to be stuff in there. Did you move up in your fiber? Did you stop eating certain things? I really want this to work. I have one month left.  :(

Offline morningglory

• Adept
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2008, 05:51:34 AM »
I was really constipated initially, because I was yeast cleansing, and die-off always makes me constiapted.  I just stuck with it and started eating bowls full of blueberries to get things moving.  I only did it for 45 days before getting pregnant, and probably the first two weeks I didn't see much.  After a while being constiapted, I started donig enemas every night.  Once I did, I started to see fresh bowel movements (like food I ate the day before) in the mornings, and mucoid plaque/impacted fecal matter at night with the enemas.  I also started steeping my tea bags twice, or even using two tea bags at night.  It sounds like you're like me, and just have TONS of junk to get rid of.  After 45 days of enemas and doubling the fiber, the old nasty junk was increasing, so I know I had to be in bad shape.  Try the blueberries, and drink tons of water.  It's totally worth it, even if you run out of cleanse stuff before you're done.

Offline morningglory

• Adept
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2008, 05:57:29 AM »
And I know this is gross, but have you actually looked through your poop?  I thought that it looked normal until I started poking around in there, and it was NOT normal.  Just find a stick or something you can throw away. 

• Adept
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2008, 09:25:36 AM »
What kind of enemas did you do?

I didn't know blueberries would help with that. Can i use frozen? Im just scared i gonna make myself get addicted to this stuff and when I'm off of it not be able to go anymore. I see food from the day before already. I see poop that looks totally weird for sure but nothing like the hard rubber and no worms. Also, I'm still feeling like my tummy isn't going down. Im going every day but the BM's aren't that big. They are kinda normal but softer. I just thought it would be empty from going so much. I feel no different then i did when i started this. Its just frustrating. I steep my tea for no less then 30 min. I take one full scoop of fiber..sometimes i heap it a little. Maybe i need more fiber. I emailed the colonix ppl and they said not to do salt water flushes or enemas while i do this cleanse but the cleanse isn't working on its on. I KNOWWW i have that build up in me. I want it out so bad. :( Think about it....i did the gallbladder cleanse and it didnt even make me have to have a bm after all that Epsom salt. Thats crazy!! :o

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2008, 09:35:13 AM »
I am supposed to get mine on Friday.  I sure hope it helps my tummy go down.  I am tapping but I think my stomach is still big.  Like my skirts want to slide up still.  My husbands friend has been doing his about 3 weeks I think or maybe less.  Seems to be working well for him.  I heard him say he has lost 3 pounds on it.  course he has been doing WW and lost a bunch of weight down to what he should be.  He only weighs about 15 more pounds than me.  That is just wrong.  ::)

Offline morningglory

• Adept
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2008, 11:45:41 AM »
Yes, frozen blueberries are what I ate.  I just did warm water enemas, hold as long as you can while massaging your belly, then expel.  I would go ahead and try it, even if the Colonix people advised against it.  It won't hurt anything, and it may help to flush stuff out that's already been loosened up.  I also tried salt water flushes and Epsom salts, and neither of them worked.  The only thing that did were the enemas.  If you haven't dug around in the poop, then how do you know it's not working?  I'll bet if you poke around in it, you'll see that you are passing the ropes of mucoid plaque.  When I passed them, they were soft and looked normal, but they were really long and rubbery, but definitely not hard.  How long have you been on the cleanse?  I did it for 45 days, doing nightly enemas most of the time, and I didn't get dependent.  The day after I stopped I didn't go, and then everything went back to normal just fine on its own.

Don't be discouraged!  I've read testimonials from people who had to do it for more than the recommended 3 months to get totally cleaned out.  I'm sure it would take longer than that for me.  I've got years of eating bad, allergenic food and horrible constipation behind me, and I realize that it doesn't get resolved in a few weeks, or even a few months. 

• Adept
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2008, 06:04:16 PM »
Yea, i have dug around some. EWWW!! I did see some of those rope things but it was soft and you have to kind of dig to get the stuff to come apart so you can see that its not normal poo. LOL!!

DH just asked me what i was talking about and i told him. He looked at me like... :o ROTFL!!

Anyway...Like i said, im going to the bathroom but its just not enough for what this was supposed to be. I still have my belly poking out and i can tell its from not being empty or cleaned out inside. I dont understand why the rope things aren't hard and black. Did you ever have the hard black ones? This is my second month. This is my fith week on the cleanse. I still am on my fiber from the first month though because i was on half a scoop for so long. They told me one was to much for me because it was making the BM's hard. Now im wondering if maybe i just needed more water. Anyway...do you think one scoop is enough or maybe should i go to 1 and 1/2? 

K...im off to chow on some blueberries. :D

Offline kimberlee

• Adept
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2008, 06:35:11 AM »
twitterpated4hubby,

I am also doing the Colonix program. This is my 8th day. I started taking 2 scoops of the fiber a couple of days ago. They recommended one scoop in the morning and one in the afternoon. It seems to have made a difference for me.

Kim

• Adept
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2008, 09:26:08 AM »
I did 1 and 1/2 scoops today. I think i may go up to 2 scoops in the next few days if i dont see a change. Im doing the blueberries and i will start on the enemas tonight. If that doesn't work i think i need some dynamite. :D

Offline morningglory

• Adept
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2008, 09:44:43 AM »
Yea, i have dug around some. EWWW!! I did see some of those rope things but it was soft and you have to kind of dig to get the stuff to come apart so you can see that its not normal poo. LOL!!

DH just asked me what i was talking about and i told him. He looked at me like... :o ROTFL!!

Anyway...Like i said, im going to the bathroom but its just not enough for what this was supposed to be. I still have my belly poking out and i can tell its from not being empty or cleaned out inside. I dont understand why the rope things aren't hard and black. Did you ever have the hard black ones? This is my second month. This is my fith week on the cleanse. I still am on my fiber from the first month though because i was on half a scoop for so long. They told me one was to much for me because it was making the BM's hard. Now im wondering if maybe i just needed more water. Anyway...do you think one scoop is enough or maybe should i go to 1 and 1/2? 

K...im off to chow on some blueberries. :D

I never did get anything that was hard, just soft and ropey like you're describing.  They did get bigger after awhile, but still very soft.  I think that's why it's such a good cleanse.  It gradually loosens stuff and gets rid of it instead of one great unleashing! :o  After about a month I could tell my stomach got bigger during the day as the fiber did its thing, and my tummy was flatter at night after I did the enemas.  Now that you're getting results, try upping your fiber a little.  And the enemas really do help!

Offline Maria/NHM

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2008, 01:00:05 PM »
My husband is going to try this cleanse. He would like to take herbs to help his liver cleanse at the same time. We were thinking of making a tea with the herbs I have on hand.
Those herbs are......
Nettle
Dandelion
hops and peppermint added for taste.

I want to make sure none of these herbs would interfere or react with the colon cleanse. None of my herb books seem to have an answer. Anyone know? The main reason he is wanting to try this is because he has terrible seasonal allergies. He has seen his health really improve over the last couple of years from changing his eating habits but can't seem to kick his allergies. He is also planning on taking vitamin c to help with detox and drinking kefir and kombucha.

Here is a link to the ingredients in the colon cleanse.

http://www.drnatura.com/product_pic/colonix_program_pic.html?osCsid=f2438a60da714996d66fc98b4ec2b7b1
My Blog
http://naturallyhealthymommy.blogspot.com/
Learning and sharing about nutrition and herbs
My user name used to be Ella :)

Offline Chadycake

• Adept
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2008, 01:02:52 PM »
This morning I got some of this soft ropey stuff.  This is the first time for me that it's been soft, before that I got several really hard ropes. 

For me I think fasting is really helping.  The colonix doesn't have any new stuff to deal with so it can really work on loosening the old stuff!  That's my theory anyway. ;D

Heehee! :D My hubby thinks I'm crazy for making online friends based on our bowel habits! ::) :D

~W

• Adept
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2008, 06:27:44 AM »
Well i have moved to 1 1/2 scoops every morning and i eat blueberries, black beans and any kind of fibery foods i can add to my diet. Im really starting to see a change in how often i go now. Its at least 3 times a day now. Im so glad something is working. I still dont see any worms, and i still dont have the hard black rubber but i do have some of the soft strange stuff. I see the food from yesterday so i still dont see how its old poop. ???

Anyway..just thought i would update to share. ;D

Offline ArmyWife

• Adept
    • the Kirkland Family
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2008, 03:01:15 PM »
I thought I'd share my "home made" colon cleanse product that I've been using, as it seems to be working.  I've been reading through this thread and have been wanting to do a colon cleanse of some sort.  Well, I looked at the Nature's Sunshine cleanse, which consists of a drink packet and a capsule packet that you take morning and evening for 2 weeks.  I realized that I have almost everything on the drink mix list, and I have 1 of the 2 capsules of the other part.  So, I've been mixing my own cleanse, and have been seeing (yes, I've been doing some fishing around--gross  :P ) the same kinds of rubbery lining things that are shown on the Dr. Natura website.  Nothing huge, but definitely the same thing.  Here's what I'm doing: 1/4-1/2 tsp. bentonite clay (from morethanalive), 1 T. psyllium seed powder (from mta also; I would do closer to 2 T but I don't have much of it left)  I mix these with some apple juice and drink it (holding my nose--it seems to help  :P ) and then I follow that by drinking a glass of water with a splash (1 or 2 tsp. ?) of liquid chlorophyll (from Nature's Sunshine), and take 3 of the aloe vera gelcaps from beeyoutiful.  The only other ingred. on the drink packet list are potassium and stevia.
For the capsule part I did take 2 of the LBS (lower bowel stimulant) from NS, but only the first morning.  Not sure if I'll continue with that or not, as I seem to be going fine without it.  Anyways, I started it yesterday morning and saw results this morning.  I plan to keep up with it until I finish the psyllium that I have.  I guess I should post this on the colon cleanse thread too...  :)
BTW, if you're interested in anything from Nature's Sunshine, you can easily get things at the member cost--much more affordable that way.  pm me if you want my member #.
Feel free to visit our family blogspot!  http://toddandannakirkland.blogspot.com

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2008, 02:37:06 AM »
Hi all.  I should get my cleanse today in the mail.  I was wondering.....as INTERESTING  :D as it is reading what is coming OUT of everyone,  ;D I was wondering what other benefits you are seeing.  For instance hair and skin, more enegetic?  Any physical problems you have that have cleared up or anything?  I have a pretty clear complection but the last two or three days I have broken out.........I have no idea why.  Of course I want to start the cleanse right away when I get it but would it be okay to start tonight or should I wait until in the morning?  I am thinking I will eat fruit and salad the first week, fast the second and then just try to eat moderately the rest of the time.  Just to try and kick start.  I am so sick of the number on the scale....it's just not going down even with excercise.  I did get the 3 month one so.....guess I am in for the "long haul."

Offline morningglory

• Adept
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2008, 04:52:03 AM »
I started this cleanse again today.  I'm really curious how long it's going to take to get totally cleaned out.  I'm going to way up my fiber intake with fruits and vegetables.  I think I haven't had much luck with healing the leaky gut because my intestines can't heal in their present state.  So we shall see!

• Adept
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2008, 06:27:07 AM »
I haven't see anything different to tell the truth. My skin is pretty clear though. I dont eat right and i know it. Compared to most ppl i eat great but i know it could be much better. I eat sugar way to much. I try to stay away from white four as much as i can but lately i have had to eat it more often and i feel awful about that. It just seems like im always getting stuck eating dinner somewhere that i have no choice what i eat. Monday i will be in the same boat so i just may try to bring something that i can eat instead of settling for whats there.

The only thing this cleanse has done for me so far is to keep me regular and that does feel nice. I just really hoped for something more then that. :(

Will eating salads, fruit and veggies or fasting, really help the cleanse to work better?