Author Topic: Detoxing while TTC  (Read 1556 times)

Offline mmartin

• Wide Eyed
Detoxing while TTC
« on: January 09, 2012, 11:45:38 AM »
Hi   I'm new here, but I'll try. I have a 16 month and we've been TTC for about four months. I was on a low dose hormone birth control pill since 2 months post partum up til TTC. NEVER AGAIN!! I have been low on energy and trying to lose a couple of pounds ever since she was born. I just don;t feel good at all. I've been doing some research and would like to do some detoxing; but don't know what to do that would be safe in case I did get pregnant. Or should I just put off TTC til I do a cleanse or detox. What would you suggest?

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
Re: Detoxing while TTC
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 09:36:00 AM »
I personally would put off TTC and do some cleansing first. Not only will it increase your chances of conceiving by cleansing, but it could also make your future pregnancy much easier. Some cleanses you could look into are: Detox+ from bulkherbstore.com and the Master Cleanse which I've heard women conceive almost immediately after coming off that cleanse. You could also look into Castor Oil packs, I've been reading about those recently and how it can help female problems and increase fertility. Finally Chasteberry (also known as Vitex) is known for balancing out female issues and is especially good for women who are coming off any birth control. It pretty much gets your body back on track. They suggest taking it 6 months to a year before you'll see any results, but I noticed an immediate difference and conceived 2 months after starting it (my midwife says it is safe to take while pregnant and nursing, but I stopped after conceiving since I didn't feel I needed it anymore). You will have to research it yourself to see if that's something you need. I hope that helps you and hope you're able to feel better soon!  :)