Author Topic: Spot on foot & itchy genital area  (Read 2708 times)

Offline sunnychic

• Wide Eyed
Spot on foot & itchy genital area
« on: December 14, 2011, 08:34:16 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this.....my husband has a couple brownish spots on the surface of his skin on his right foot.  They have grown slightly bigger over the past several months.  He also is very itchy in his scrotum area and base of penis.  A few months back went to a natural doc in our area - he thought the spot was ringworm because that day it was rasied and bumpy around the edges but every other day since that is is flat and light brown color not raised or bumpy or anything.  He also said he had a yeast problem.  I'm just trying to determine if the two are related and if so if I am dealing with a fungal infection, yeast, or ringworm or something else or a combo of things?  His diet is decent - he could lay off the sugar a little more but for the most part we eat whole, organic foods.  He was on ALOT of antibiotics growing up before I met him but hasn't been on any for the past 6+ years.  We use natural remedies for our illnesses....

I'm going to call my midwife to see if she has any thoughts...but just figured I would put it out there to see if anyone has had any experience with this.  It has been going on way too long and we need to get to the bottom of it and get him better.  Thanks!

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
Re: Spot on foot & itchy genital area
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 08:47:35 AM »
Yeast is a fungal infection. It sounds like he does have a systemic fungal problem. Can your naturopath prescribe something for treatment?

You can do the typical diet restriction and tons of probiotics, but if the fungal infection is advanced and systemic it is hard to deal with on those treatments alone. It's like a big weed that has long, strong roots. Not very easy to crowd out with the probiotics and it has plenty of root to support itself even if you are starving it out with no sugar and low carbs. If you can get a prescription for an antifungal you can kill it off in 3 weeks or so, and then all the diet and probiotics will teke right up and fill in.
 Make sense?

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 08:49:44 AM »
Or there are herbs that work pretty well as anti-fungals, but you kind of have to determine what (or all)systems the fungus is infecting and pick your herbs to cover all the bases. Some work better in one system, some in another, and you really want to get it all, or it will pop right back up.

Offline sunnychic

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 04:40:27 PM »
Thnaks for the response.  Yah that makes sense.  I was thinking about putting him on black walnut tincture and large doses of garlic.  The naturopath gave us a probiotic and also a standard process Zymex for yeast (but SP products are low dosages) and he was taking the liver cleanse tincture from BHS but has stopped - needs to get back on that.  It's not getting any better but he hasn't been faithful with stuff the last couple months. 

I HATE the thoughts of a med but I am wondering if we would be better off that way to get rid of it for sure in a couple weeks and then just replenish his system with the good stuff.

Alot of what this naturopath does is by muscle testing with the legs/feet instead of the arms....still undecided on what I think about that???  I go back and forth. 

So you think my best bet is to get a prescription in addition to the probiotics, good diet, etc etc.  He is alos a pharmacist so I am sure he could prescribe something for him.