Author Topic: possible arthritis  (Read 2591 times)

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
possible arthritis
« on: December 07, 2011, 05:50:06 AM »
Hi.  I am having pain in my joints of my hands and a little even in my feet.  My father and aunt both have rheumatoid arthritis.  They both have the knots in their hands and my aunt has terribly disfigured hands.  I'm starting to get a knot in  at least one joint on my pinky.  My flexibility in my hands has decreased significantly over the past few months.  Really, since I weaned my toddler.  A little background info is that I do have several food allergies.  I went about 2 years without eating any of them and felt much better.  However, during first trimester queasiness, I gave in and started eating them.  Now almost 2 years later, I'm feeling the effects of eating allergic foods, with a return to the eczema that was completely cured while not eating allergic foods.  Also, I have been experiencing a lot of hair loss.  I feel like I was doing so well and now I'm falling apart...LOL  So here are my questions:
1)  Do you think my food allergies has anything to do with the joint pain/swelling?
2) What natural methods can I use to treat the swelling and joint pain?
3)  Would you go see a doctor about this?

Any thoughts or ideas would be most appreciated.

Jammie
Mrs. P

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
Re: possible arthritis
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 04:28:50 PM »
With your history it may be wise to go to the doc to get a baseline on other autoimmune issues like thyroid issues or diabetes that you really want to catch early. Ultimately the answer is to fix or support proper immune function. I'm learning this is a very individual issue. Obviously limiting your allergens now, eating only great foods, lots of probiotic foods and enzymes for good digestion and absorption, and managing stress can only be good. Getting a good baseline on your blood pressure, heart rate, temperature, and blood sugars can be done at home with some basic equipment. That might tell you alot.

There are things specific to the joints you might try. The site is very slow for me tonight, but I will try to link you some later this week. Keep a journal of food, lifestyle habits like sleep/wake times, weather and the condition of the pain/swelling.

Offline kcb

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 09:12:10 AM »
My father (60yo) had joint pain and swelling in one ankle/foot.  With Green Pasture cod liver oil / butter oil, and lots of broth made from bones (for the minerals!), he is doing *much* better.  Both of these will also help with food allergies. 

Have you studied the GAPS diet for attacking food allergies head-on?  GAPS stands for "Gut and Psychology Syndrome" since many people with gut/allergy problems also have psychological problems.  GAPS targets the healing of the gut, where food allergies tend to originate.

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 06:40:24 PM »
Thanks.  That gives me some things to think about. I have been reading about the GAPS diet recently. I will keep reading about it. I think I will definitely make an appointment for a yearly exam.  I'm overdue anyway and the hair loss kind of makes me think I have more than just food allergies going on.  I tried to search arthritis on here, but I think the search engine wasn't working.
Mrs. P

Offline noahjojoguru

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 11:17:12 PM »
Hi.  I am having pain in my joints of my hands and a little even in my feet.  My father and aunt both have rheumatoid arthritis.  They both have the knots in their hands and my aunt has terribly disfigured hands.  I'm starting to get a knot in  at least one joint on my pinky.  My flexibility in my hands has decreased significantly over the past few months.  Really, since I weaned my toddler.  A little background info is that I do have several food allergies.  I went about 2 years without eating any of them and felt much better.  However, during first trimester queasiness, I gave in and started eating them.  Now almost 2 years later, I'm feeling the effects of eating allergic foods, with a return to the eczema that was completely cured while not eating allergic foods.  Also, I have been experiencing a lot of hair loss.  I feel like I was doing so well and now I'm falling apart...LOL  So here are my questions:
1)  Do you think my food allergies has anything to do with the joint pain/swelling?
2) What natural methods can I use to treat the swelling and joint pain?
3)  Would you go see a doctor about this?

Any thoughts or ideas would be most appreciated.

Jammie

Hi Jammie, food allergies is slightly connected with arthritis. Visiting to Rheumatologist is better option.

Noah