Author Topic: Need to clear my throat all the time  (Read 4270 times)

Offline Cimmaron

• Adept
Need to clear my throat all the time
« on: November 29, 2011, 08:22:31 AM »
For years I have needed to clear my throat all the time and I am hoarse off and on. It is year round. I always thought that it was dairy but I have been off dairy for eight months and it is worse than ever. I have done all kinds of cleansing and detoxing for other reasons since last spring. I have other autoimmune disorders (diabetes and celiac), so I am tested for thyroid problems regularly and have always been fine. Any ideas?

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
Re: Need to clear my throat all the time
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 03:26:58 PM »
Do you have post-nasal drip or any issue with slightly irritated sinuses? Allergy reactions affecting your sinuses.
I did a brief search of the site and there are several references. It might trigger something helpful if you would search "throat clearing" and "postnasal" drip. You might notice a similarity to anther case and message them to see if anything has improved.

With the brief history you mentioned I would guess it's chronic inflammation of your throat that makes it rough and sensitive. Has any alternative practitioner ever suggested working to correct the way your immune system functions?

Offline kcb

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 09:22:30 AM »
My son (now 10yo) cleared his throat all the time, for months on end.  When we took him to a chiropractor (for something else), his little cough completely disappeared.  It had something to do with the nerves in his neck.  Occasionally, when his neck gets out of alignment, he starts clearing his throat and coughing again. 

Here is the link to the thread where I posted this before:
http://welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,15574.msg254899.html#msg254899

Offline Cimmaron

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 07:05:38 AM »
Thank you for your suggestions! No post nasal drip. I have looked around on the site and have not found anything that sounds like what I have. Something messed up in my neck is a possibility, though. My throat seems to improve a bit when I message it. My neck does pop a lot and is always a bit stiff or sore if I stop to think about it. No idea how long that has been going on, I did not realize it until I thought about it. Someone grabbed me by the shoulders last week and made a comment about my being very stiff, like I was really stressed out (I'm not, at least not that I know of! God is doing amazing things in my life and has blessed me so much there is nothing to be stressed out about!). I really don't want to go to a chiropractor. I do have a history of severe environmental allergies. It was almost year round for as long as I can remember until I moved to a drier climate a year and a half ago. Now it is just in the summer. The biggest triggers are cottonwood pollen and haying (I give my animals hay every day during the winter and don't notice anything, just when they are cutting and baling it in the summer.) I used to have to stay inside when someone was mowing the lawn, but that no longer bothers me.

I had a thread on here last spring about my immune problems: http://welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,28192.0.html
A naturopath who is a type 1 diabetic himself is trying to at least get my pancreas working again (did some tests and discovered that it is still pumping a tiny bit of insulin) so that I can get off insulin.

Offline kcb

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 04:19:56 AM »
If you don't want to go to a chiropractor, you might consider a self-alignment book like "Pain Free," by Pete Egoscue.  Your stiffness and popping may be more aggravating to your system than you think. 

I hope you can find some good solutions!  :-)

Offline Cimmaron

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 08:02:51 AM »
If you don't want to go to a chiropractor, you might consider a self-alignment book like "Pain Free," by Pete Egoscue.  Your stiffness and popping may be more aggravating to your system than you think. 

I hope you can find some good solutions!  :-)

Thanks - great idea!