Remedies & Therapies > Food Allergies / Intolerance

Nervous in the Netherlands

(1/1)

Polly:
Hi guys!

I am now a student at an intercultural Bible school in The Netherlands. It's been two and and half years since my stay in India where I got giardia, amoebic and bacterial dysentery and parasites. Since that time my gut experienced about every ailment possible, and the rest of my body also suffered (headaches, chronic fatigue, severe muscle aches, increased seasonal allergies). This year for about five months I was under the care of a Christian muscle tester therapist and got much better, to the point of feeling normal except for some gas most evenings and not quite normal stools.

I moved the Holland in August for school and did well for about a month, then started getting a bit of the elimination problems back. The last three weeks have escalated into diarrhea, abdominal pain, fatigue, and severe muscle pain--capped off with a terrific cold I'm just getting over.

It looks to me like leaky gut. My therapist already found a lot of systemic fungus which we treated a lot. Pretty much any food (and I'm a lot more careful now after all I learned from this treatment) seems to trigger an attack--I cannot trace it. Maybe sugar. (I've been off it for three weeks or so now again). When I eat anything, it goes in and rumbles around for a couple days, then finally comes out in diarrhea.

I know there are a lot of different areas to treat--too much for a super busy student to add to the stress level of Bible school. That's the problem. I don't want to quit and come home, which is practically what I would need to do in order to completely follow all the things needed as I read on here. Unfortunately, nice organic or fresh/"green" food is harder to find in Holland. They eat bread with chocolate spread and sprinkles for breakfast and supper! :)

So I wonder--are there a few key manageable areas that I can address mostly by supplements, (because it's difficult to cook for myself all the time) and not hopefully get weaker with cleansing (since I have to continue with classes)? Any ideas of a strategy?

Thanks for any help. You guys have been great in the past.

mykidsmom:

The only supplement I can see that might be any help at all is a STRONG probiotic.  Something in the area of 200 billion+ organisms in it.  One with 10 strains of bacteria would be good.  Other then that, do your very very best to avoid anything that is processed, even if it's not organic.  So if meat, bread, and vegetables is being served, skip the bread.  See if you can stick to a meat, fruit, vegetable diet and see if that helps at all.  But avoid processed foods (including sugar)  with everything you have in you.  That and a probiotic may be your best approach at the moment.   Beyond that, your health is way more important in the long run and "home" may be the next best thing for your health. 

patti

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version