Author Topic: Miscarriage: Concerns, Support, Encouragement & General Chat  (Read 204760 times)

Offline Homeschool_Newbie

• Adept
  • The best of summer...
Re: Miscarriage: Concerns, Support, Encouragement & General Chat
« Reply #660 on: December 26, 2011, 01:28:40 PM »
I am really hoping that someone can help me... I had a natural miscarriage on Dec. 1. ( It actually got going about 5 days before, but that was the main day) I never had a period prior to this pregnancy, as I am nursing my toddler. An ultrasound on Nov.21 said I was 5 weeks, 2 days. Anyway, after the miscarriage stopped, I only had about 5 or so days before I started spotting again. I am now experiencing off and on spotting that is bright red. It will stop for a day or two, and then I will see it again.. Just very light. I don't even need a pantyliner. Today is day 26 after the miscarriage. I have not had any blood tests, but I did take a pregnancy test last night, and thankfully it came back negative... so I am assuming my hcg numbers are low. The fact that the bledding is bright red almost makes me wonder if it is related to my hormones trying to kick back into gear. My body seems like it has been attempting to ovulate for well over a week now. I read that this is normal and that typically the body won't ovulate in the first cycle, it will just seem like it did... Does anyone have any guesses as to what is happening to me?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 01:31:17 PM by Homeschool_Newbie »
Blessed wife and mom of 5, going on 6 great kiddos... with more babies I can't wait to meet in heaven.

Offline tuffof7

• Learning
« Reply #661 on: February 08, 2012, 06:32:29 PM »
Homeschool_Newbie-Did you ever figure out what the spotting was????  I am going through the same thing..thanks for any advice..

• Adept
  • The best of summer...
« Reply #662 on: February 09, 2012, 03:17:53 PM »
Tuffof7-I never did find out what caused the spotting, but it did stop, and I got a period less than 2 weeks later. The only thing I can think of, is that my body was going nuts trying to correct itself. It was sending out signs of attempting to ovulate for about 8 days. It seemed like my body was going nuts... but like I said, it did kick back into gear. I don't know if this is helpful or not, but I do hope that things regulate for you...I got pregnant again in that first cycle- just found out 4 days ago, but now I am spotting again and suspect another miscarriage.  :(  Hoping to find some info here today.

Blessed wife and mom of 5, going on 6 great kiddos... with more babies I can't wait to meet in heaven.

Offline tuffof7

• Learning
« Reply #663 on: February 09, 2012, 07:35:04 PM »
Homeschool_Newbie
I just recently had a m/c was my third one in a year...I have been spotting and just got my period..I am sure it was just hormones being wacky after m/c but next cycle I am going to take progesterone...I am also taking maca (superfood) its suppose to help with balancing hormones...I hope the spotting stops for you, have you got your progesterone checked???  I am sorry you are going through this...

• Adept
  • The best of summer...
« Reply #664 on: February 13, 2012, 12:19:13 PM »
Tuffof7-
Thank you for your kindness. :)

I am definately having a miscarriage. I saw the sac today. :(  I am hoping that someone here might be able to answer a few questions for me. First off, I am almost 36 and have been blessed with 5 full term pregnancies in a row. No miscarriages at all until the first one in December, and now this 2nd one. I never had a true date for the first one since I never had a period before getting pregnant, but supposedly it was 5 weeks and 2 days. ( I felt like I was 7 weeks based on sickness) This 2nd one was super early. I tested on day 30, started spotting on day 33... so it was in the 4 week range. My main question is this: Is it alarming to have 2 early miscarriages in a row like this, or is it fairly typical, given my age? What do most doctors and midwives say about this? I know that 4 week miscarriages are fairly common, and most probably go undetected... It's the 2-in-a-row all of a sudden that makes me wonder what is going on. Miscarriage is kind of a hush-hush subject... Is it just really common for women in their later 30's who are having lots of babies, or is it more like something that might require some testing?

One other question, if you have made it this far... Since this recent m/c was only 4 weeks, will my hormones be out of whack, or does the body usually handle it like a normal period?

One last question, :) since I know that a lot of the posters here have large families :) When do most moms of large families have their last baby? Is 44-45 really pushing it, or do most have their last at 40-41? I ask this because it seems like the moms with larger families ( who continue having babies) have an increased fertility rate as opposed to those who get started in their 40's.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 12:36:47 PM by Homeschool_Newbie »

Offline herbs girl

• Master
« Reply #665 on: February 13, 2012, 02:57:17 PM »
I dont have all the answers for you, but I recomend TCOYF or Fertility Friend charting your cycle so you can see exactly what is going on. 

Ways to help prevent miscarraige:

1. Take B complex (Garden of Life, MegaFood is great. If you cant afford those, then B complex 100)
           This raises progesterone and helps prevent miscarraige

2.  Take Welcome Womb as soon as you have a positive test and continue through your 1st trimester. Many women on the TCOYF forums have used this and tell their story how they was able to have a full term pregnancy after miscarraiges

3. Sleep in the pitch dark.  This  helps your hormones to completely level themselves out, prevents miscarraige, rasises progesterone naturally. No alarm clock lights or anything.
http://community.fertilityflower.com/blog-home/lunaception-kill-the-lights-for-better-fertility/

http://onemoresoul.com/catalog/effects-of-light-on-the-menstrual-cycle-and-fertility-p316.html

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 04:26:34 PM by herbs girl »

• Adept
  • The best of summer...
« Reply #666 on: February 13, 2012, 04:37:33 PM »
Herbs girl,
Thank you so much for the information.  :) I actually just ordered B complex a few days ago, so I'll be good on that. Do you know where to buy the Welcome Womb? :)

Offline herbs girl

• Master
« Reply #667 on: February 14, 2012, 03:31:44 AM »
Welcome Womb can be got several places.  I think some women start it after they ovulate before they even get a positive test, then just discontinue it if they arent pregnant.... You can do that if you chart and know when you ovulate! They continue it if they get a positive test, then...

Links
http://www.tcoyf.com/forums/t/4716.aspx?PageIndex=1
http://archive.tcoyf.com/forums/t/4751.aspx
http://archive.tcoyf.com/forums/t/4869.aspx

places that carry it
http://www.1cascade.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=2860
http://www.preciousarrows.com/Welcome_Womb_p/41140.htm

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #668 on: February 16, 2012, 07:35:26 AM »
I can answer one part....yes, even an early miscarriage will create different hormones shifts than menstruation. It won't be as large of a swing as a later miscarriage though.

• Adept
  • The best of summer...
« Reply #669 on: February 16, 2012, 04:37:31 PM »
I can answer one part....yes, even an early miscarriage will create different hormones shifts than menstruation. It won't be as large of a swing as a later miscarriage though.

Thank you, Boysmama :) So I am guessing that this probably translates into a " late" period?

Offline JoyWillCome

• Wide Eyed
    • Joy Will Come
How long does it take?
« Reply #670 on: December 28, 2012, 11:00:57 AM »
Pregnant, about 7 1/2 weeks along, I started spotting on Christmas Eve - light pink and only when I used the bathroom.  Christmas morning I woke up and didn't spot at all.  I kinda suspected that I might have bruised or torn and didn't worry too much about it until I got some bright red spots.  I asked my husband to take me to the ER to get it checked out. (I've already had one very early miscarriage the month before this pregnancy.)  They did a bunch of tests and ultrasounds, and said that everything looked great as far as a healthy pregnancy goes, but that the baby was about the size it would be at 6 1/2 weeks and had no heartbeat.  We went and got a second opinion, and that OB-GYN said the same.  They sent us home to rest and wait for it to pass naturally.  I'm having a really hard time just resting and waiting for something to happen.  How long should it take?  :'(

Also, I'm wondering what you used to refresh your health after a miscarriage.
Joy Will Come in the Morning - www.weepingandjoy.blogspot.com

Offline Aaf3

• Learning
« Reply #671 on: April 19, 2013, 09:17:48 AM »
First off,
     My heart goes out to all of you for the pain and suffering you've all experienced and the ability to continue to be a joyful, helpful and loving family.  The love and concern you show toward one another is truly inspirational. 
     I have just suffered my second miscarriage.  I had one 10 months after the birth of my first son and I just suffered my second, 15 months after the birth of my second son.  Both occurred at right around 5 1/2 weeks.
     I have a question about abdominal bloating.  I started to miscarry on Monday, April 14 and passed what I believe to be the baby, along with a great deal of additional clots on the 15th.  I have continued to bleed bright red for the last couple of days as well.  Being that I was only 5 1/2 weeks when I miscarried, I wasn't "showing"at all.  However, for the last 3 days, my abdomen has been very round and it appears to me as though I am around 3 or 4 months pregnant.  It is heartbreaking to look and feel as though I am pregnant, but to know that I am not.  Is it normal for the abdomen to swell after an early miscarriage?  I don't remember experiencing anything like this between my first two live births.
     I have a family obligation tonight and am dreading going because I feel like I can't "disguise" my stomach. No one knows I was pregnant except my husband and mother.  I don't feel like I could take it if someone asked me if I was expecting tonight!
    FYI, my diet is clean and hasn't changed in the last several months.  I haven't gained weight according to a scale, but my stomach does appear pregnant.

Thank you, and I am sorry for all of your losses.  One day we will greet the little ones we never got to meet in heaven!

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
« Reply #672 on: April 24, 2013, 04:04:13 AM »
I am so sorry for your loss! Are you still experiencing the bloating? Mountain Meadow Herbs has two tinctures that may help called T&C and H&B, I beleive. Chlorophyll is also very good for bleeding. I passed the baby whan I miscarried at 8 weeks-I saw it in the sac and everything-it was very hard. I was bleeding bright red and had to stop everything and rest for about a week. I know that is hard and can be next to impossible when you have other children, but you need to treat it like you have had a live baby and rest, rest, rest! Maybe not for as long, but listen to your body. I think when we miscarry people (including ourselves) think we should just bounce back, no big deal, but you need to give your body time-it is going through a lot!
 I don't know what the bloating could be, but I did have some other thoughts. Were you starting to wean when you conceived? The only reason I ask is because I have lost a baby between each of my full term pregnancies-one before my first, then one at 8 weeks between my first and second, and then one at 4 weeks between my second and third. With the last two miscarriages I was weaning and my hormones were kinda going crazy and my body couldn't support a pregnancy, so I found a midwife who told me to take chasteberry when I'm starting to wean or if my hormones ever feel off. I took it after my last miscarriage and immediately noticed a difference, wasn't a hormonal mess and got pregnant on my next cycle and kept it. Now that I'm starting to wean again, I am starting my chasteberry and already feel so much better! I'm not trying to get pregnant (yet  ::) ) but I am hoping that this time around I won't miscarry if I do conceive. Anyway, I don't know if this is helpful at all since I don't know what you are doing already, but I just wanted to share because this has made such a huge difference in my life! HTH and again, I am sorry for what you are going through, I know what it's like.