Author Topic: Rosacea and Doxycycline  (Read 2192 times)

Offline momof2

• Learning
Rosacea and Doxycycline
« on: September 05, 2011, 06:37:23 PM »
I have read through several posts on the forum about cleansing, meds, rosacea, feet trouble, etc.  Now, I need some direction.  I am a rosacea sufferer.  I have been for a while.  Recently, I had some foot trouble that just would not go away.  I finally went to the podiatrist.  He found nothing on x-rays.  He ended up putting me on a mild steroid.  It was a 6 day pack. 

I debated for a few weeks as to whether or not I even wanted to take the steroids.  However, nothing was getting better.  I took them.  The result...the steroids cleared my face better than I have had it in several years....almost completely clear!  However, it did nothing for the foot issue...I will leave that for another topic.

After the steroids were complete, my rosacea has came back with a vengence.  I had read somewhere online that steroids sometimes have  aver adverse effect on Rosacea when you stop the steroid. I called the dermetologist and they told me to start doxy immediately.  I decided to wait and make sure I was going to have to take them because I really hate taking any type of antibiotic.  However, after waiting for a couple of days, the rosacea showed up really bad and burning.  I finally started the doxy last Friday. 

I was planning this week to do some sort of cleanse for my system.  I am sure I desperately need it as I have never done one.  I was going to start easing my way into a juice fast for this week or possibly a cleanse.  however, I am thinking it will do me no good if I have ot continue the doxy.  Is that correct.  I feel very ignorant when it comes to anything about this cleansing, etc.  I have read and read and read, but I sometimes feel very lacking in knowledge and it scares me into not doing it. 

anyway my question is am I wasting my time with the cleanse of any sort while on doxy? 

any recommendations would be helpful.  I will carefully consider them, and I would appreciate any help you can give me.  I feel like I have turned 37 and have just about fallen apart over the last few years. 

Karen

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Rosacea and Doxycycline
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 04:15:44 PM »
I don't think it would be fruitless.  If your condition responded to steroids, then I would think that a cleanse might be just the ticket.  If I had to choose, I think I would go for Dr. Sculze bowel cleanse or Detox+ from bulkherbstore.com.

Could you stop taking the Doxy during the cleanse?  Otherwise, you might not know if the cleanse is working.  If the cleanse works and you stop the Doxy indefinitely, then I would highly recommend probiotics for several weeks to several months after.

Check these two links for more info.

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php?topic=25690.0
http://bulkherbstore.blogspot.com/2009/11/dermographism-what-on-earth-is-that.html
  My favorite herb book!!