Author Topic: very scared and nervous/depressed :(  (Read 2962 times)

Offline dollface4

• Wide Eyed
very scared and nervous/depressed :(
« on: August 18, 2011, 07:45:21 AM »
I had an early miscarriage (at 6-7 weeks) 7 years ago when I was 19. I am now 26. My husband and I have been married for 4 years and recently decided to start trying. I have been on and off BC a few times over the past 4 years. I recently got off in May and went for a full check-up in June to make sure everything was okay.

Well I was expecting my period on August 9, but was late. On August 11, I took two pregnancy test and they came up with very faint positives. I decided to take a digital one and it also came up positive. I was very excited, but also very scared. Just to be cautious, on August 12, I took another digital test and it came up negative. I was so upset! I started bleeding a few hours later and had quite a painful period with several clots. I have been experiencing swollen breasts and severe moods. I have always been quite a moody person with depressive episodes, which have usually led me to believe that I may have a case of slight bi-polar disorder. These past few weeks I have also had sweats at night.

I recently saw my dr. who believes that I may have low progesterone and quite possible suffered a chemical pregnancy. She ordered me to have blood work done on day 26 of my cycle to see where I am at and plans to prescribe progesterone cream. I am nervous about that as she tells me to take it day 12-26 of my cycle. I do not want this to stop me from ovulating as I desperately want a child! She said she can prescribe me the cream for my obvious PMS symptoms, but that it unfortunately is common for a woman to have 3 miscarriages. I am confused as to what to do. I certainly feel I do suffer from a hormonal imbalance. My periods are very regular, every 30 days and have always been. I want to use the cream if it will help sustain my pregnancy early on, but am afraid it will stop me from ovulating which I do not want whatsoever!

Offline kcb

• Adept
Re: very scared and nervous/depressed :(
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 12:02:27 PM »
Hi,
Here are some threads about using progesterone.
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,2032.0.html
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,9684.0.html

I won't be much help, because I've never had a miscarriage.  Have you thought about improving diet, increasing fats, eliminating toxins, etc?  I hope you can get your hormones straightened out soon.  May the Holy Spirit point the way for you and give you peace.

Kim

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
Re: very scared and nervous/depressed :(
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 07:28:48 PM »
Progesterone cream will NOT stop you from ovulating.  If your progesterone is low, you will not be able to hold onto a pregnancy.  After ovulation, progesterone increases in anticipation of pregnancy.  Using it on day 12 until your cycle starts is the correct method.  When you are low enough to have miscarriages that early on you MUST have the progesterone on board in your body prior to ovulation so that if you do get pregnant you won't lose it.  A bio-identical progesterone cream is your very best bet for having a maintainable pregnancy at this point. 

hth
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.