Author Topic: Blood work mystery  (Read 1664 times)

Offline smfmommy

• Adept
Blood work mystery
« on: July 23, 2011, 06:01:55 AM »
My husband gave blood recently and was told that he came up positive for Hepatitus B but when further work was done it wasn't.  This happened more than a year ago but then they kept asking him to give blood and it happened again.

My question is this:  What virus/whatever would mimic Hepatitus?  He seems pretty healthy, no consistent issues.  He only gets sick once or twice a year and does have some allergies but doesn't take any medications for it.  Other than inconsistent vitamin taking and the occasional tylenol he doesn't take any medications.  We really want to keep him healthy so if there is anything we can do besides a full blood workup at the doctors (which we will do if necessary) that would be great.  Or if anyone knows typical culprits for this mystery I am happy to do more research.

I tried searching for this and the search engine was down.  If there is a thread already about this or a more aprorpriate place for this topic please let me know.

Thank you for all the wisdom on this board!  I don't post much but I read much.

;D
Wife to my best friend for 20 years.
Mommy to four little ladies, ages 15, 12, 8, 6 and twp little men, 4 and 2 yo.

Offline ladyhen

• Master
Re: Blood work mystery
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 07:02:17 AM »
Could be something in liver function; proteins, enzymes, etc., since Hepatitis affects liver.    Is there any way that you can ask what the test showed? 

As far as what to do about it, a great start would be a liver cleanse.  There are several threads on here about liver & cleansing. 

Here are directions for using google to search this site.
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline smfmommy

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 11:24:14 AM »
Thank you for the information.  I will start there and see what I can find.  I appreciate the help with the search function too.

;D
Wife to my best friend for 20 years.
Mommy to four little ladies, ages 15, 12, 8, 6 and twp little men, 4 and 2 yo.

Offline cre8tiv

• Learning
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 12:51:47 PM »
I always get copies of all tests for both my husband and myself; you should too.
It is not at all unusual for a test to show a false positive.  Hep B could also show up from various kinds of lab contamination, slides, etc. too.  Toxic overload in your system can whack out tests.  The immune system working on various things can give off all sorts of toxins, which sometimes can confuse tests.