Author Topic: Sore heels  (Read 1519 times)

Offline spacemonkey15

• Learning
Sore heels
« on: June 28, 2011, 08:11:06 AM »
I've had heel pain my entire life. When I was a kid my arches hurt as well but now I think I was just growing as arch supports didn't help, they hurt more. I went barefoot a lot or at least wearing socks during the cold months. Now I'm grown and in Florida I'm barefoot or in flip flops constantly. But still, no matter what shoes I wear or don't wear my heels always hurt after I'm out walking a lot, or any kind of movement really for long periods of time, say 2 to 3 hours and it gradually gets worse from there, I have to sit down at some point to give myself a break. They don't hurt in certain spots but literally the whole heel. It's been this way since I was young and I'm now wanting to know what could be the cause of it?   

Offline rainygladness

• Adept
Re: Sore heels
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 10:00:10 AM »
I would suspect heel spurs. These are little bony protrusions that grow in the heel and cause a lot of pain. A podiatrist would be able to diagnose you and I'd recommend you visit one.  They have all kinds of help to offer for hurting feet.

As for helping with the pain, we use arnica cream or gel for topical pain treatment all the time at our hosue and it helps a lot.
HTH!  :)
Always remember you're unique - just like everybody else!

Offline Precious

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 03:37:40 PM »
I'd do some research into plantar fasciitis, too.  Here's a thread.

Offline spacemonkey15

• Learning
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 06:56:58 AM »
I'll look into those, thanks

Offline rainygladness

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 10:50:37 AM »
I'd do some research into plantar fasciitis, too.  Here's a thread.

I was going to mention plantar faciitis, too. I've had a lot of experience with it and it does cause pain in the heels but with that condition the pain tends to lessen the more you walk and the OP mentioned that her's increased with walking.
But still - it's probably worth some research anyway.  :)
Always remember you're unique - just like everybody else!