Author Topic: Emotional children  (Read 3098 times)

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
Emotional children
« on: June 25, 2011, 10:53:32 AM »
Does anyone have days when their kids just seem to wake up on the wrong side of the bed? My kids are usually happy and obedient, but we have days on ocassion where they are just an emotional mess. My 18 month old will be extremely clingy and cry uncontrollably if I get out of his sight. My 3 1/2 yr old will be holding her hand over her mouth while telling me she can't stop crying-which makes her cry even more. Everything seems to upset them or is blown out of proportion. It's like they woke up different children.
We eat as healthy as possible with our limited budget, I don't allow sugar, and we try to keep a consistent schedule. Has anyone experienced this or found any connections?
Like I said, this doesn't happen a lot, just seemingly out of the blue. Today is one of those days. I work with my husband, and it's just not good to have this going on while trying to help customers.  I need advice please!  :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 10:55:20 AM by ColoradoDove »

Offline DHW

• Adept
Re: Emotional children
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 05:10:08 PM »
My friend had similar problems with her son due to an allergy to eggs.  He would become lethargic, depressed and very emotionally fragile after eating eggs.  It was obvious from the time he started solid food, but he was at least 3 yo before she made the connection.  The standard allergy test showed no reactivity to eggs, btw.  Definitely consider food intolerance and environmental exposures as possibilities.  Keep a diary to see if any clues show up.

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 05:44:20 PM »
I second the food allergies.  My boy was horribly emotional all over the place.  He had A LOT of food allergies.
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 05:18:55 AM »
Ok, thanks. I will try to to do the food diary thing (although I'm pretty sure it's most likely cheese  :P). Thank you!  :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 10:35:56 AM by ColoradoDove »