Author Topic: Deer Tick Bites  (Read 6170 times)

Offline markandbeka

• Wide Eyed
Deer Tick Bites
« on: May 19, 2011, 03:18:14 PM »
Hi everyone,
I'm new here, and I'm very excited to have found this site!
Tonight during family devotions, I noticed a tick behind my 18-mo daughter's ear.  My husband pulled it out right away; he said it wasn't engorged but was attached.  We're fairly certain it was a deer tick.
My question is: does anyone know of any herbal/natural remedies to either prevent Lyme disease infection from a tick bite, or to actually treat it if she should develop symptoms?  We would love to keep her off antibiotics, but if she develops a rash or other symptoms, we wouldn't know what else to do.
Thank you!
~Rebekah W.
"Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!"  ~Romans 11:33

Offline steadygirl

• Adept
    • My church home page
Re: Deer Tick Bites
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 12:35:25 PM »
My Mom has successfully used Grapefruit seed extract to treat Lymes. She is also allergic to tick bites and uses a bentonite clay paste to draw things out. I think you are okay if there is not a red ring around the bite- a bulls eye. (correct me if I am wrong here! ;) )

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 01:57:29 PM »
I can't get the search feature on this site to work for me and haven't been able to find the threads that I'm looking for, but HERE is one thread about Lyme Disease that has links to more information and, I think, stresses the importance of identifying and treating it. 
My oldest daughter and I both have chronic Lyme and we are being treated by natural methods through a Lyme literate MD/homeopathic physician.  Be sure to find a Lyme literate doctor.  You can PM me if you have trouble finding someone in your area and I will give you contact info for our Dr..

~
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 08:15:26 AM »

A standard homeopathic protocol is ledum 200C one day, hypericum 200C the next day, and lymes nosode 30C daily for a week, then once a week for 4 weeks. 
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline rainygladness

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 11:41:53 AM »
I was bitten by a tick (I think it was a deer tick) last year and did not get the bullseye ring.  I've worried on and off about whether that is for sure the only way to tell if you're in the clear or not.  But I'm really glad to find that there are homeopathic remedies for this!
Always remember you're unique - just like everybody else!

Offline evalea

• Learning
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 02:49:23 PM »
I have to disagree with some of the posts above, specifically mykidsmom.  I have had chronic Lyme for 10 years and have done extensive research, both with homeopathic and allopathic methods of treatment and identification.  You should really spend some time researching this if you suspect exposure.  25% of diagnosed Lyme cases recall the "bulls-eye" rash.  Lyme is severely under-diagnosed.  As for treatment, I spent four years with intense natural remedies prescribed by my homeopathic/MD before I was in remission.  Even after Lyme is in remission, there will always be a possibility of recurrence.  Two weeks to a month of treatment may be sufficient to treat Lyme if it is caught right away, but I am rather skeptical. 

Please, if you even suspect you have been exposed, seek a Lyme-literate doctor right away and get under treatment!
~e

In all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God.

Offline Wind_Dancer

• {Queen Lucy the Valient}
  • Learning
  • Little sister to CrimsonRose
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 11:53:47 AM »
We put oreganol on tick bites and take two or three drops several times a day in juice or water from at least one week. And we haven't had any problems.

God Bless The Troops!