Author Topic: Herbal/Nutritional Treatment for Trigeminal Neuralgia?  (Read 4933 times)

Offline LearningMommy6

• Learning
Herbal/Nutritional Treatment for Trigeminal Neuralgia?
« on: May 07, 2011, 05:16:03 PM »
I have Trigeminal Neuralgia attacks in the right side of my face, usually triggered by gum or cheek irritations.  They last over a week and are terrible to endure.  I have been to the dentist and he can find nothing wrong with my teeth or gums and he referred me to the neurologist.  However, I've read about the side effects of the drugs the doctor would probably put me on and they sound worse than the pain almost!

Does anyone have any advice for me?  Thanks so much for any help!

Kim

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
Re: Herbal/Nutritional Treatment for Trigeminal Neuralgia?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 04:58:25 AM »
I have Trigeminal Neuralgia attacks in the right side of my face, usually triggered by gum or cheek irritations.  They last over a week and are terrible to endure.  I have been to the dentist and he can find nothing wrong with my teeth or gums and he referred me to the neurologist.  However, I've read about the side effects of the drugs the doctor would probably put me on and they sound worse than the pain almost!

Does anyone have any advice for me?  Thanks so much for any help!

Kim

I would highly recommend finding a classical homeopath.  I know someone who had this and they used homeopathy to cure it.  A good homeopath is like a good doctor, hard to find.  If you don't know of a good classical h-path in your state I can check with mine to see if she has recommendations for your state.

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 02:31:13 PM »
the first things i would look into trying would be magnesium supplements and cod liver oil.  magnesium is the mineral most responsible for nerve health and cod liver oil contains high doses of the fatty acids needed to help the body absorb the magesium.

you might consider researching to see if neuralgia is associated with any sort of toxicity like heavy metals or drugs, etc.  if any of these are the case, then some sort of cleansing might be something to consider.

here is an article on neurological disorders - meaning related to the brain, but these are all part of the same nervous system which would most likely be affected by the same deficiencies and/or toxicities.

i haven't done any reserach specific to your diagnosis, but if i were to research it, these are the places i would start looking.

http://bulkherbstore.blogspot.com/2010/11/schizophrenia.html
http://bulkherbstore.blogspot.com/2008/10/neuropathy.html
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline farmergirl

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 01:11:04 AM »
Hi, my son has a neuropathy and i am very interested to see the articles from bulkherbstore blogspot mentioned above, but when i try to acces them, it tells me i need an invitation to thet blog spot.  any ideas how to read them? thanks.

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 05:44:58 AM »
Hi, my son has a neuropathy and i am very interested to see the articles from bulkherbstore blogspot mentioned above, but when i try to acces them, it tells me i need an invitation to thet blog spot.  any ideas how to read them? thanks.

Enter bulkherbstore.com in your computer to access their home page.  There is an option across the top for the blog.  Go to that and there is a search field on the top right of that page.  Search for the topic you're interested in and you should find the articles there.
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline farmergirl

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 04:09:58 PM »
Thank you so much!  sorry computers are not my best subject :)

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 05:11:21 PM »
farmergirl,
Hope you find the information you're looking for. 

There are a lot of very helpful people on this site.  Feel free to ask for help if you need it.
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13